Universal Love Princes Park - 12th April 2018 Update - $20M Govt & AFL grant for redevelopment - Post #1390

SammoEll

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne City FC, Southampton FC
Just stumbled across this photo. Looks like this is the plan for the Pratt stand, with no change to the heroes based on the reflection in the window.
9223B70C-FB4E-4F7B-873B-18B2608F7A53.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Carlton
Ugly...why can't they build the facilities they want within/behind a new stand structure? Then everyone's happy. This insistance on reducing capacity...this either/or thinking makes little sense to me. At least build a hybrid structure.
This.

By only having a walkway and reduced seating with the existing training facility behind the goals at the ‘Carlton’ end, there’s little supporter noise and kills the atmosphere it once had.

SammoEll

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne City FC, Southampton FC
Ugly...why can't they build the facilities they want within/behind a new stand structure? Then everyone's happy. This insistance on reducing capacity...this either/or thinking makes little sense to me. At least build a hybrid structure.
Watch the video at the top of this article: (link) or see the attached photo below.
It shows the inside of the Cat's new stand at Kardinia Park. We don't have as much room to work with nor as much budget but we won't have to worry about the supporter and corporate facilities as much as it will primarily be a training facility. I think something somewhat similar to that would be ideal in terms of maintaining seating and attractiveness of the stadium while still having adequate training facilities within and under the stand.
upload_2018-4-22_22-51-18.png

Last edited:
AFL Club
Carlton
Carlton will never play for points again at the ground .
With that in mind , if we can gain funding to make it the best possible training base it can be , that's gotta be a win for the club I suppose.
Yes, a better training base will always be welcomed, but I was referring to the AFLW matches I've been to. Even at capacity for the first match last year, it was very quiet behind the goals.

AFL Club
Carlton
Watch the video at the top of this article: (link) or see the attached photo below.
It shows the inside of the Cat's new stand at Kardinia Park. We don't have as much room to work with nor as much budget but we won't have to worry about the supporter and corporate facilities as much as it will primarily be a training facility. I think something somewhat similar to that would be ideal in terms of maintaining seating and attractiveness of the stadium while still having adequate training facilities within and under the stand.
View attachment 486875
Yes, the Cats seem to have got it right.

Tushay

All Australian
AFL Club
Carlton
View attachment 486875
If Carlton was a marginal electorate, swinging between the major parties we'd have a 35,000 seat stadium with proper lighting, underground parking and the train station would have been built. Geelong have been gifted this by federal and state governments. Disgusting but that's pork barrelling for you. We had a Carlton premiership player as state planning minister and we couldn't get this thing sorted!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Carlton
Carlton will never play for points again at the ground .
With that in mind , if we can gain funding to make it the best possible training base it can be , that's gotta be a win for the club I suppose.
The plan seems to ensure Carlton never plays for points again there... totally unnecessary and political. The Cats plan above is more flexible, ticks more boxes and more attractive.

drunkill

All Australian
AFL Club
Carlton
That better not be whats happening, it'll kill any future hope of the ground becoming a ~30k boutique stadium for the next 30 odd years.

Even if they know it won't host AFL games there, a design like that kills any future change of mind.

AFL Club
Carlton
I believe that in other sports such as NBA, NFL & EPL teams have the home team advantage. While I have the opinion of the AFL has lost that home ground atmosphere to it. Geelong, Sydney, Gold Coast & GWS have there own home ground they don't have to share their ground

If there is a way we can get football back to Princess park I think we could become the powerhouse we all and truly love

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Southampton
I believe that in other sports such as NBA, NFL & EPL teams have the home team advantage. While I have the opinion of the AFL has lost that home ground atmosphere to it. Geelong, Sydney, Gold Coast & GWS have there own home ground they don't have to share their ground

If there is a way we can get football back to Princess park I think we could become the powerhouse we all and truly love
Not sure why nobody had thought of it before now.

HBF

Flying Scotsman
AFL Club
Carlton

Won't ever happen, but we'll see it as the home for AFLW

dragonsblues

All Australian
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting to note Aleague teams and NBL teams are trying to own their own stadium to secure revenue. Considering the push to remove pokie revenue, the club is missing a huge opportunity with PP.

Such a shame we don't have anyone visionary on the board.

BIGGUS 64

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
If Carlton was a marginal electorate, swinging between the major parties we'd have a 35,000 seat stadium with proper lighting, underground parking and the train station would have been built. Geelong have been gifted this by federal and state governments. Disgusting but that's pork barrelling for you. We had a Carlton premiership player as state planning minister and we couldn't get this thing sorted!!!
lol
Yeah, thanks for nothing Harry! :p

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Southampton
Interesting to note Aleague teams and NBL teams are trying to own their own stadium to secure revenue. Considering the push to remove pokie revenue, the club is missing a huge opportunity with PP.

Such a shame we don't have anyone visionary on the board.
We do own the stadium. We don't get fixtured to play there. I swear some people are ******* goldfish

mediumsizered

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
We do own the stadium. We don't get fixtured to play there. I swear some people are ******* goldfish
As I understand it, the Melbourne City Council own the stadium, although we do own some of the infrastructure (with debt attached).

I would very much doubt the Council would ever countenance the idea of selling the stadium to us or any other club. They would get drawn & quartered by their constituents if they even tried.

Top Bottom