Pt2: Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

No, he doesn't.
Dodoro will step away from the Bombers after more than 30 years’ service, saying he had approached chief executive Craig Vozzo at the start of the season about moving on from his role.

Dodoro said he remained focused on one final off-season period with the Bombers before he stepped away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Innovative thinking by the Bombers who are always at the forefront of progressive performance enhancement.. We have had coaching transitions now after 25 years we get list manager transition.. the incoming list manager can learn from the best before fully taking the reigns..

Last edited:
Often chastised for the lack of success through his 25+ year reign at the club, Dodoro is flying under the radar as the single most outstanding trader of not only his generation, but of the entire history of the league.

Given Essendon have not won a final since 2004, below is Dodoro's complete trading history since that final:

Every single player traded out has gone on to play finals (except Solomon and Colyer). Four have played in a Grand Final and an astonishing 6/16 (37%) have gone on to be All Australian at their new club. That must be some kind of record.

All the while, since 2004, no player at Essendon has won a final. A diabolical contrast to the calibre of players shipped out of the club.

YearPlayerFinalsGrand FinalAll Australian
2005Ted RichardsYesYesYes
2006Dean Solomon
2010Bachar HouliYesYesYes
2011Josh JenkinsYesYesYes
2012Angus MonfriesYes
2013Stewart CrameriYes
2014Paddy RyderYesYes
2015Jake MelkshamYes
2015Jake CarlisleYes
2015Jonathan GilesYes
2016Michael HibberdYesYesYes
2018Travis Colyer
2020Orazio FantasiaYes
2020Adam SaadYesYes
2020Joe DaniherYes
2022Aaron FrancisYes*
The impact this post has had shall not be understated

My guess is its standard transition

Do the handover, go to lunches, be there if Rosa/RFK need anything, but it's not likely.
Would have been gardening leave if there was an inkling he was heading elsewhere.
Rosa calls up the Dodo.

“Hey mate we seem to be down $1m in the salary cap. What’s going on there?”

The Dodo.

“We’ll that’s the $1m a year I gave McKay for 7 years”

Rosa

“Wait the defender who’s pretty s**t and misses as many games as he plays?”

The Dodo

“Well did I tell you when I won the Dylan Shiel trade?”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back