Mod. Notice Q&A with Keith Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Some awesome questions posted, particularly like Forza's focus on the slanderous media campaign against the club both in SA and interstate media that is, in my opinion, the second biggest hurdle to the club expanding its supporter base, behind on-field performance. Also like bomberclifford's marketing related question. I think we already know the answer lies in the club's membership campaign, which should provide comfort to most of us who believe in the approach and were disappointed when the club departed from it.

Keith

While this is more an on-field performance question, one of the keys to supporting the We Are Port Adelaide campaign and getting people back to our games is a return to Port Adelaide Football. That is tough, hard, uncompromising football that leaves supporters believing every week that The Creed has indeed been lived.

You've spent time with the players and I'm sure spoken to the coaching staff. Can we expect to see Port Adelaide Football being played week in week out?

Regards

FF

Thee Comms people at Port were expecting to get the Q&A on the site by the last week before the club's Xmas/New Year break but looks like they didn't quite make the deadline.

I would expect it after club staff return on 9 January 2012, altho the Carr article appeared during the last few days and was produced in that last week.

This is live on the website now.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/128138/default.aspx

Cathryn McDonald from Facebook
How is moving to Adelaide Oval going to make the club financially stable?

KT: Better stadium returns. Improved corporate offerings. Central location should enhance crowds. Great atmosphere should attract the impartial follower as well as the loyal supporters.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/128138/default.aspx

I notice (and am concerned) that he stopped short of saying better stadium deal.

To be fair, if we actually get a return, it will be a better deal than we have currently.

Some good answers but I was disappointed that the answer to Portology's media question was fobbed off with a safe, non-answer.

Bit of a waste of time.

dont agree that there are many many things to look at before dealing with the reserves issue. i guess KT wasnt put into position by the SANFL to do anything about that

Give the guy a bit of credit, at least he's making some effort. I thought it was good.

There was nothing there we didn't already know.

Take the Adelaide Oval question for instance. The deal there will pretty much decide whether we live beyond the current TV agreement, and all we got was the superficial reasoning Haysman and co used to push for the move in the first place.

Could've Googled the club position on pretty much every raised topic from articles circa 2010.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But hey, I guess Haysie was incompetent and thats why the SANFL wanted him out, huh.

Dumbed down questions, dumbed down answers. And the old Fev chestnut even got a run.

Anyone else going to bother in future?

Uninspiring and way too PC. His response to the reserves question screamed SANFL lackey. Overall disappointed TBH.

Uninspiring and way too PC. His response to the reserves question screamed SANFL lackey. Overall disappointed TBH.

It screamed to me, you'll know more when we want you to know more. The leaks have stopped and thats a good thing. KT has tidied up one of our biggest off field problems.

Any other club doing the same thing would have got similar answers. You don't make ground breaking announcements in this format.

lol Not sure what you guys really wanted.

He isn't going to reply with 'lulz @ da sanfl, we hates dem!'

Its really just a article to provide people who dont follow the club as closely as we all do answers to questions that members put forward. Was never going to be anything too ground breaking.

lol Not sure what you guys really wanted.

He isn't going to reply with 'lulz @ da sanfl, we hates dem!'

Its really just a article to provide people who dont follow the club as closely as we all do answers to questions that members put forward. Was never going to be anything too ground breaking.

So maybe in future just canvass MySpace and Planet Teal for a Q&A rather than BigFooty and TPFP?

EXACTAMUNDO!

NO NEW STADIUM DEAL..SANFL WINS AND KEEPS PORT AT THE WORST STADIUM DEAL IN THE AFL

all we can hope for is a grown pie FFS

oh a little better corporate scraps jeesh (and gee we have learnt this year how hard it actually is to get those scraps whether it is sponsorships or whatever..)

what we also have learnt this year is that the SANFL is happy to take AFL earnt money but if we ever ask for some back OMG we are a cash strapped club and they will call Cornsey to let everyone know how bad we are

The SANFL is in control of what we are allowed to earn and should be culpable if the sums don't add up

Lots of words used but nothing was said.

I'm afraid my earlier comment of the club treating us like mushrooms is even more valid now. ... :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back