QLD Government commits funding for GC17 stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

20 Teams by 2020/25

Should be the aim.

Victoria - 9 teams (Unfortunately, I think 1 will have to go - who it is will depend on when it is)
Western Australia - 3 teams (+ Perth Pirates or ???)
South Australia - 2 teams
Queensland - 2 teams (+ Gold Coast FC)
New South Wales - 3 teams (+ West Sydney & + Castle Coast (NewCastle & Central Coast/Gosford area - 1m people around there, it has to be the next region to target to get a truly national footprint - even though AFL is not a big sport there in any sense at present, it will be an expansion team)
Tasmania - 1 team - I have a feeling the recession we're in - which will only get worse, will likely mean Tasmania enter the comp in 2012 instead of West Sydney.)

I suspect one of Tasmania and West Sydney will be a relocated / forced relocation of an existing Melbourne team - but I don't know which team it will be, and I don't know which direction they'll be flying - whether North or South. I'm pretty certain it will happen, and frankly think its likelier they'll "choose" to go South because they know there are AFL supporters down there and Tasmania is closer to Melbourne.

On the other hand, going to West Sydney is a clean slate in terms of people to appeal to - something that could potentially be a problem with "diehards" in Tasmania.

19th and 20th teams to come in in 10+ years time - so don't get your knickers in a knot about that being unrealistic - I know its unrealistic now - but what about in 10-15 years?
14 teams should be the aim
6 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2
26 rounds, play every team twice
Top 6 with finals played over 4 weeks

Congratulations Gold Coast Gazzas, looks like you'll get your chance on the field. Now we'll just have to wait for the club to fail in practice, rather than in theory.

Good work Anna, who gives a stuff about the economy as long as we get a state of the art, footy stadium :eek:

I'm not sure Carrara can ever be state of the art... although they are calling it a "boutique" stadium.

Back luck for the LNP. I voted for them, but Springborg did sound like a tosser anyway. - Still can't believe he played the 'sick children' card. Really distasteful.

Have the AFL actually come out and agreed to Bligh's terms?

IIRC it was a pretty dodgy deal for the AFL -- ongoing maintenance costs, transferal of ownership of stadium to the state, etc.

I'm not sure Carrara can ever be state of the art... although they are calling it a "boutique" stadium.

Back luck for the LNP. I voted for them, but Springborg did sound like a tosser anyway. - Still can't believe he played the 'sick children' card. Really distasteful.
What did he do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have the AFL actually come out and agreed to Bligh's terms?

IIRC it was a pretty dodgy deal for the AFL -- ongoing maintenance costs, transferal of ownership of stadium to the state, etc.
They agreed to it before it was announced.

I don't think the deal was that bad. It sets it up for potential federal funding too.

What did he do?

I think this is the LNP ad Funkalicous is referring to.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/prO3vIxmgo0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/prO3vIxmgo0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I think this is the LNP ad Funkalicous is referring to.

[youtube]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/prO3vIxmgo0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/prO3vIxmgo0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Oh no, that was horrible.

How many RL supporters did he think he would get to vote LNP with that ad?? Typical pollie bullshit.

I must say, I think this is one of the few times I am happy of Labour winning an election.

Hahaha , trolling to the end , if anything i give you credit for persistence.

That's a little unfair .
Haven't you noticed all his posts about about how relieved he is that his beloved North Melbourne is now out of relocation sights .

On a totally unrelated subject have you noticed in another thread , a moderator stating that there is nrl rep posting prominantly on GC threads.
Shock horror .
:eek:

That's a little unfair .
Haven't you noticed all his posts about about how relieved he is that his beloved North Melbourne is now out of relocation sights .

On a totally unrelated subject have you noticed in another thread , a moderator stating that there is nrl rep posting prominantly on GC threads.
Shock horror .
:eek:

You have a link?

They agreed to it before it was announced.

Link?

Hahaha , trolling to the end , if anything i give you credit for persistence.

I asked an honest question. Hardly trolling.

Did not you once follow another club? If I were the Gold Coast FC, I'd be hoping that my supporters were more loyal than you have proven to be.

That's a little unfair .

My old friend 'cos'. Now that you have been following AFL for a whole 12 months, I expect the quality of your posts to improve -- at least a little.

:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back