R1: Most impressive and most dissapointing

Remove this Banner Ad

Telstra tracker suggest there is a one standout for embarrassing effort of the round.
Kilometres per team:
tracker blues 292 tigers 288 suns 285 eagles 285 saints 281 cats 279 lions 279 pies 277 power 276 swans 275 dees 273 dogs 271 hawks 268 crows 266 giants 242 dons 147
yeah, that's an outlier. Best to just exclude Essendon's data here, something clearly ****ed up with their equipment.

Last time around was only 26 points, and they added Neale, McCarthy and Lyons plus got Cameron back. They're building and we were a bit off.
Yeah, but it was an 70 point turnaround. It's not surprising they won, it is surprising that they kept you to two goals in three quarters.

Telstra tracker suggest there is a one standout for embarrassing effort of the round.
Kilometres per team:
tracker blues 292 tigers 288 suns 285 eagles 285 saints 281 cats 279 lions 279 pies 277 power 276 swans 275 dees 273 dogs 271 hawks 268 crows 266 giants 242 dons 147

Where did u get these stats from? Curious where freo and north find themselves.

AFL Live app

Freo 285mtrs North @271.7mtrs

Fair effort from Freo- in the most impressive but yet, disappointing for you??
Surely a mistake, coming off the last few seasons how was what happened today in any way disappointing

Worst by far is Essendon, nowhere near it. Soul destroying loss with no answers.
Next is North, cant lose by 13 goals to Fremantle.
Us next worse although I still think Adelaide will make the 8, just Clarkson/Sicily own us.
WC were bad but Brisbane could be anything.

Yeah, but it was an 70 point turnaround. It's not surprising they won, it is surprising that they kept you to two goals in three quarters.
Half the forward line out... no Kennedy, Cripps, Rioli, Lecras retiring. Gaff out, Hutchings and Masten playing like crabs.
People are placing way too much emphasis on the first round of the season

Most impressive: Fremantle and Brisbane
Disappointing: Adelaide, Fremantle, Sydney and Melbourne
Abysmal: Essendon and North[/QUOTE
Was Fremantle Impressive because they well and truly beat North Melbourne and were they Disappointing because it was not by 100 or more points?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely thought we would be the poorest side coming out of round 1, then Sunday happened.

North played one of the worst games I've seen in recent memory, it was so, so bad. When you let Dards Mcarthy (a bloke with ZERO preseason) kick 5 goals on your defence you should pack up and go home. On top of that Cunnington will probably get a match, and Vickers-Willis looks like he's done a knee

We were garbage, but North was the bin juice at the bottom this round

Also since when do the Dee's have the best list? It's not bad by any means, but it's no where near the best in the comp

He had a great pre-season and is in the best shape of his life, but keep making crap up.

Half the forward line out... no Kennedy, Cripps, Rioli, Lecras retiring. Gaff out, Hutchings and Masten playing like crabs.
People are placing way too much emphasis on the first round of the season
Oooh lemme try this...

No Dixon, Wines, Hartlett, Broadbent, Polec and Wingard gone, Ryder unfit, 4 on Debut, Against a Prelim team at their home, Smash them.

Thats 5 of our top 10 gone from last season. And 11 changes from the final game.

Do you see the Crows fans making excuses? Why are all the Eagles fans?

Last edited:
Kilometres per team:

Has that Essendon number been verified? Something has to be wrong.

Agree mostly with the list..it's a jostle down the end of the list. Still, it's only round one, I have a feeling we'll see more upsets next week too. Footy's Back!

Oooh lemme try this...

No Dixon, Wines, Hartlett, Broadbent, Polec and Wingard gone, Ryder unfit, 4 on Debut, Against a Prelim team at their home, Smash them.

Thats 5 of our top 1o gone from last season.

Are you illiterate? I'm not making excuses, Brisbane deserved to win, what does Port beating Melbourne have to do with anything?. I'm just saying I'm not worried about the first couple weeks of results.

Full credit to Brisbane - they went hard at it and won the day against the Premiers. I think you will find the majority of our supporters on the WC page know this.

But this a footy forum where we discuss football - I think you will find people will attempt to discuss why certain teams might have gotten up over teams considered better than them. Time will tell the true pecking order of course, but right now we only have last season to go on.

Humidity, shorter pre-season, lack of pre-season to available players, 6 players with under 15 games, injured stars yet to come back and of course most of all an improved, hardened Brisbane outfit that turned up to make a strong opening statement, all these are reasons why one team won and another didn't in this case.
As someone who loves both footy and sportsbetting these sorts of discussions actually interest me as I'm sure it interests others too.

But if you want to make a drama out of said discussions that's your perogative.

Kilometres per team:
They did mention on SEN this morning the GPS tracked Kilometres per team and they said that Essendons GPS system broke down and the Km logged weren't correct for the entire game.

Are you illiterate? I'm not making excuses, Brisbane deserved to win, what does Port beating Melbourne have to do with anything?. I'm just saying I'm not worried about the first couple weeks of results.
No, are you?

You made excuses, lots of them.

I gave you an example of a club who isn't as good who beat a better team with even more player changes. Thus proving how irrelevant your excuses are.

Why not just go with the outplayed by a hungrier team after 1/4time? Don't see the Crows making excuses when they lost their 2nd defender during the game...

Humidity, shorter pre-season, lack of pre-season to available players, 6 players with under 15 games, injured stars yet to come back and of course most of all an improved, hardened Brisbane outfit that turned up to make a strong opening statement, all these are reasons why one team won and a
The only relevant one here is Brisbane turned up.

Hardened? Oh please LMAO.

I've never seem so many excuses after a loss.

Time will tell the true pecking order of course, but right now we only have last season to go on.

No we don't, last season is irrelevant today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back