VFL 2023 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 1 - 22 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

An opportunity to see all 3 Silvagni boys in action this weekend.
Tom will be playing for the Oakleigh Chargers on Saturday morning at 10.45am. This match will be streamed live via the Herald Sun website.
Ben will be lining up for the Northern Bullants.
Jack has been selected at CHF for our game against the Crows.

For those who followed the VFA in the late '70s/early '80s, Luke Goetz, who is making his debut for our VFL team this weekend, is the nephew of Rollo Goetz who played for Williamstown. Rollo started his senior VFA career as a promising Full Forward, but ultimately played a number of games at Full Back.
Do you know how charlie and tom went today?

Murphy and Newnes played at the same level as their younger counterparts last week and didn't exactly demand promotion - would love the next 'VFL player watch' to shed some light on what expectations Newnes is meeting ahead of O'Brien

Yes the Newnes inclusion is baffling. With Murphy I think it's just runs on the board and getting him to 300.

Murphy and Newnes played at the same level as their younger counterparts last week and didn't exactly demand promotion - would love the next 'VFL player watch' to shed some light on what expectations Newnes is meeting ahead of O'Brien

I don’t watch the players day in day out and am always hesitant to comment on selection, but some of these selections are baffling.

LoB’s been consistent in the reserves recently but only played 2 games in 2 years and gets dropped instantly, Honey has been very good all year but no game. Whereas other players get dropped, have reasonably average reserve games then get selected. Then we’ve got under-performing high priced recruits who won’t get dropped because the club doesn’t want to embarrass itself.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Why would you waste Kemp forward? Use him behind or on the ball where we can maximise his skills?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G’day all, let's hope for a great game today, to think in roughly 10 weeks footy will be over for another year for us, let's enjoy the last games of the year and hopefully see some bright sparks!
Go blues!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back