Preview R2: Changes v GWS: Dawes, Vince in for Toumpas, JKH

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that's not how it goes re resting JKH or Kent... Both those guys want to play the ball quickly which makes us much more dynamic offensively. Dawes definitely does not make us more dynamic.
I think a big part of our improvement this year has been the injection of guys with pace and/or who want to take the game on ie Lamumba, Kent and Frost. Hogan is always looking to move the ball quickly too. We have just been way too easy to play against in the past when we would take a mark, hold on to the ball, go back and then kick over the mark. Lambs to the slaughter for AFL quality opposition. Different story this year though :)
Don't completely agree, hogan does try to move the ball quickly but more so tries an finds a good option or imo advantage which can sometimes take time.

I'd say Brayshaw chance for sub. I hate sub rule, I hear they are reviewing it at years end anyone else hear this? Weren't the ALF going to listen to the fans from now on maybe we need to start making a big noise about it see if they listen. I know Pendlebury voiced his opinion when the captains all met, saying he hates the sub rule and hates seen a first gamer sitting on bench in green vest and some only getting 1 quarter. Anyway I just glade Brayshaw gets another crack :thumbsu:

Sucks that they dropped JKH. Giants will be thrilled. It will be very aggravating if Dawes lumbers around on Saturday.

I'd say Brayshaw chance for sub. I hate sub rule, I hear they are reviewing it at years end anyone else hear this? Weren't the ALF going to listen to the fans from now on maybe we need to start making a big noise about it see if they listen. I know Pendlebury voiced his opinion when the captains all met, saying he hates the sub rule and hates seen a first gamer sitting on bench in green vest and some only getting 1 quarter. Anyway I just glade Brayshaw gets another crack :thumbsu:
I don't have a problem with the sub rule, i think it's useful for when a player is concussed or injured.

If he plays aggressively he will be worth a spot in the side but if he just spends the day running around as a decoy forward it will be a total waste of a spot.

I really enjoy looking at that lineup, best side for years. Lots of defensive talls to rotate on Cameron, Dawes back makes us more dangerous up forward... and Vince is really really good. Fantastic.

Dawes has apparently benefited from the training & diet regime. Leaner and stronger, hopefully more mobile.

Whether he shells marks is another question but we'll soon see.

Good to see Bernie officially back.

Dawes has apparently benefited from the training & diet regime. Leaner and stronger, hopefully more mobile.

Whether he shells marks is another question but we'll soon see.

Good to see Bernie officially back.
Jamar looks leaner and seems to be moving better, both guys were the same kind of chunky/bulky so hopefully he's a bit zippier too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea what some of you are talking about. Dawes was one of our more impressive players during NAB, and is vital for our structure. Hogan cannot and should not be the only big bodied forward in our lineup he needs some relief and there is no better foil than Dawes.

I'm happy enough to have old pan hands in if he's the earlier 2014 season type tackling machine. Less so if he's the Brad Miller clone we got during the late season losing streak.

If we end up benching Brayshaw though we're losing an actual tackling machine for most of the match compared to a big bloke who bear hugs a few people. Should play Dawes as the runner - he can menace the defenders occasionally and give a 50 away, maybe body slam a few of them and cop a suspension but we can have an actual goal threat in the forward 50 instead.

Our tall forward options will stretch their defence, Kent and/or Newton might get a defensive forward role on Heath Shaw, and then Garlett and Newton also nipping at the feet of Hogan and Dawes - it's a nice forward set up we have. Need to at least break even in the midfield and our skills need to be up to scratch again. I expect there to be more pressure on the ball this week, Gold Coast were a bit off the boil. Partly because of how we played, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back