Preview R2: Changes v GWS: Dawes, Vince in for Toumpas, JKH

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do like the ins, but GWS strength is their midfield. I feel by dropping 2 players who are quick and can run through the middle, for only 1 mid and a tall, leaves us vulnerable for pace. JKH was quite good last week. I just feel we have 1 too many talls against a side who rely on their mids to get the job done.

I do like the ins, but GWS strength is their midfield. I feel by dropping 2 players who are quick and can run through the middle, for only 1 mid and a tall, leaves us vulnerable for pace. JKH was quite good last week. I just feel we have 1 too many talls against a side who rely on their mids to get the job done.
I also think that on numerous occasions on the weekend we were left with Jeffy as the sole long target deep inside 50. Whilst he's ok 1v1 its much more advantageous to have a Hogan or Dawes going one out.

If you look at it this way. Bernie replaces JKH and Dawes replaces Toump and suddenly i seem more ok with it!!:drunk:

Agree it's a danger, but I think it should be OK if they use the interchange to make sure there's a tall on the bench the whole match i.e. no more than three tall forwards at any one time.
And they may try to get away with using Frost in the ruck early and try to get him to run Mummy all over the park, then sub him for Brayshaw late in 3rd term & save Jamar up as much as possible for the last quarter.
It will be important that Hogan and Dawes are more effective in tandem.

Toumpas isn't that quick.

Bernie coming in is going to be crucial. One of the few players that had a crack last time we played GWS, also adds the threat of roosting a big goal from outside 50 if the Giants are too conservative trying to man up on Dawes and Hogan deep.

Bernie coming in is going to be crucial. One of the few players that had a crack last time we played GWS, also adds the threat of roosting a big goal from outside 50 if the Giants are too conservative trying to man up on Dawes and Hogan deep.
Really good to add another experienced body, plus he joins the list of midfielders that can kick some goals along with Jones, Tyson, Newton, Vanders, and Lumumba (if you want to count him as a mid)

So who is going to be Sub?

Brayshaw/Vince/Frost/Vandenburg are the interchange.

I think it will be Brayshaw with Vince being subbed out (unless there is an injury) around 3/4 time.

I hope Vanders gets a full game as it is his home town and will get a massive cheer from the crowd every time he gets it. Plus he is a good body size and can play as a medium forward.

Gosh I am loving the Dees at the moment. Can't wait till Saturday to cheer them on in Canberra. It should almost be a full house I think as the weather is suppose to be decent.

My biggest worry about GWS is Griffin. Regularly tore us apart at the Dogs and could do so again this week. I'd have Viney tag him rather than Treloar/Ward etc.
I'd have Cross tag Griffen - played together at the Dogs, so Cross would have a fair idea how Griffen plays. Viney onto Treloar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No point tagging ward , plays too inside I say let jones go head to head with him

Viney should tag Scully and treat him like Ablett, not because it will help us win but because **** tom Scully
Scully would play better if had someone like Viney showing where to run to.

So... Do we address the last time we played the giants or do we just consign that one to history and move on?

I'm still seething from that game - one of the worst experiences if had attending the footy in my life

So... Do we address the last time we played the giants or do we just consign that one to history and move on?

I'm still seething from that game - one of the worst experiences if had attending the footy in my life

It's in the back of my mind. This game won't be a pushover.

Agree. That was revolting.

I say take some deep breaths, or some mind-altering drugs, and forget that game ever occurred.

I'm looking forward to the game. It was the plan last year to have big Jesse and Chris Dawes playing in the forward line - then it went pear shaped, we had to bring Frawley (pffft- Frawley) forward etc.

This is a plan it will be good to see reach fruition

I think we do this for every 'last time we met.' Except for the GC, Radelaide and the Drug Cheats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back