Autopsy R22, 2017: Swans beat Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

I nearly died tonight. * you Swans. And <3 at the same time.

I think we just saw a grand final preview.

- Incredible win, one of the best of our H & A wins of all time. Disgusting umpiring performance, so to beat 25 was great. Adelaide are a very good side regardless and let us off the hook with some misses (but that was karma imo). Picked a good night to finally kick straight. Bit of karma with the Mills 50 too.

- Kennedy was epic.

- Reid did something he probably hasn't done in past seasons, turned a dirty night into a good one with a great last quarter. Shows his improvement. Tippett decent again and Buddy sensational, not hating the tall setup atm as long as they all keep performing.

Tippet out
Hayward failed under the pressure... he gets another go

Just awesome....

Umpires were terrible....
Helped by Adelaide's poor kicking

But Sydney just maintained their effort and defence and found a way to win

WOW

Should never have won that game. Was 2nd to the ball from the second half to the second quarter onwards, but we took our chances and they didn't. Lifted in the key moments.

Frustrating though re: the umpires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Swans. Just that bit better at the end when it counted.

Adel were great. Ignore the umpire bitching (totally justified). That wasnt your team's fault. You had 39 tackles in that second quarter. Your boys are going nowhere but deep into the finals.

Unfortunately for Hayward this is a big mark against him for finals.

6 disposals, 0% DE, 3 of them direct turnovers.

Ha unbelievable. Commentators focusing on one free kick that yep we got the rub of the green with but ignoring the remainder of the match. Making this a sweet victory in the context of BS one sided umpiring and finally taking our chances on the scoreboard. Wouldn't like to play the Crows over there. Lived up to the hype but I will enjoy every single bemoan of that single 50 meter penalty and no Kudos for clutch goals to Papley and Reid. Another game under the belt with no injury is a massive bonus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back