Game Day R4: Adelaide v Carlton, Richmond Oval, Sunday 12.40pm ACDT

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think Jess Foley is underrated at all. She's one of our most important pillars in the team. I don't know if people remember Metcalfe in the ruck, but she's not the best. She's a good backup ruck, but not a number 1. Foley dominates the ruck for us, though she can play forward and back as well. Foley was actually pretty good up forward before Metcalfe was injured and she was forced to play in the ruck. She's also been one of our more consistently good players this year. Hopefully she's not out too long with the ankle.
Her speed and turning were really slow to non existent, but I didn't expect her to come back first game and throw herself around.
I don't mean underrated by us Crows fans, but more opposition fans and commentators. I merely made mention that the game changed roughly at the time when J Foley became injured. We then looked like we lost our structure and appear to be chasing tails rather than being pro-active.
Hopefully Erin can recover well during the week and can improve further in the following weeks. We need her on-field leadership more than ever just about now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back