Preview R6: Carlton v Bulldogs Sun 12th July 6.45PM @ Metricon - Team - Post #937

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What i would like to see, but will not.
FB---McGovern Jones Simpson
HB---Willo Weiters Doch
C---Cunners Crippa Walsh
HF---Murph Casboult Martin
FF---Betts McKay Philp
R---Pitt Curnow Gibbo
Inter---LOB Setters Fish JSOS

Wouldn't be against that line up

Only changes I would make is Plow for Gov, TDK for Harry

SPS to be in that lineup, Betts lucky to survive on current form

They were very strong marks and weits fist didn’t get anywhere near it. He has a good technique and has good core strength to protect point at which ball is marked. H seems to get caught out of position too easily. I don’t know if it’s due to mistiming or not reading the flight and drop of the ball well or not having enough core strength to jostle his way into a more advantageous position in contested situations.
Delivery to King was spot on. Not so for Harry. From there King did everything right. Whereas Harry didn't seem to do much to get in the right position.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Key this week.
1. Defenders hold position, don’t leave them out the back. This is key with there run and gun
2. Jones on Bruce
3. Weitering on Schache
4. Jack or Ed to run with Bont.
5. Play tempo Football.
6. Switch play and angles
7. Make Wood accountable
8. Harry must play to stretch the backline and play Deep
9. Score from turnover back and front half.
10. Score from clearances
11. Crippa to spend 60% forward
12. Give SPS and Simmo a rest
13. Play LOB, give Newnes a break.
14. Play Murphy forward of Centre.
15. Levi and Gov to get on there bike more.
16. Cunners, Ed, Setters, Stocker, Fisher, SPS, help at clearances.

B: Plow Jones Willo
HB: Doc Weits Stocker
C: Walsh Cripps LOB
HF: Cunners Levi Jack
F: Betts Harry Gov

Foll: Pitt Setters Martin

Ed, Murph, Gibbons, Fish

out Newnes, Philp, Simmo (rest), SPS

Feel with LOB, Stocker we have better kicks in the team. Fish adds zip in middle and also good kick (no dinky ones fish), Jack give flexibility and pressure, he could go to Bont or Wood, can also go in middle when Cripps forward.

Key this week.
1. Defenders hold position, don’t leave them out the back. This is key with there run and gun
2. Jones on Bruce
3. Weitering on Schache
4. Jack or Ed to run with Bont.
5. Play tempo Football.
6. Switch play and angles
7. Make Wood accountable
8. Harry must play to stretch the backline and play Deep
9. Score from turnover back and front half.
10. Score from clearances
11. Crippa to spend 60% forward
12. Give SPS and Simmo a rest
13. Play LOB, give Newnes a break.
14. Play Murphy forward of Centre.
15. Levi and Gov to get on there bike more.
16. Cunners, Ed, Setters, Stocker, Fisher, SPS, help at clearances.

B: Plow Jones Willo
HB: Doc Weits Stocker
C: Walsh Cripps LOB
HF: Cunners Levi Jack
F: Betts Harry Gov

Foll: Pitt Setters Martin

Ed, Murph, Gibbons, Fish

out Newnes, Philp, Simmo (rest), SPS

Feel with LOB, Stocker we have better kicks in the team. Fish adds zip in middle and also good kick (no dinky ones fish), Jack give flexibility and pressure, he could go to Bont or Wood, can also go in middle when Cripps forward.
Swap SPS for Jack.

So how does it work that two quarantine sides can play a game of footy? Are they all in their hotel rooms playing their avatar on AFL Evo 2?

staggered at the thought of dropping philp
he jogs next people sprinting wearing them like a blanket ala Brett ( captain) Kirk ..... a run with player
his pick up against * While off balance "WOW" Was Josh Kelly... composure under pressure
his 1on1 contested possession last week "WOW" Worpal style...
Would not be surprised if the MC are thinking of running him through the middle a couple times this week
Early days but maybe he is the midfielder we have been longing for, serious talent with pace only time will tell

staggered at the thought of dropping philp
he jogs next people sprinting wearing them like a blanket ala Brett ( captain) Kirk ..... a run with player
his pick up against * While off balance "WOW" Was Josh Kelly... composure under pressure
his 1on1 contested possession last week "WOW" Worpal style...
Would not be surprised if the MC are thinking of running him through the middle a couple times this week
Early days but maybe he is the midfielder we have been longing for, serious talent with pace only time will tell
i dont want him dropped either. but gotta win games so he may need to make way if fish is better for example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh that's the conundrum try and make finals to build a belief. Or put games into the youth for future success. Would not like to be in the position to make that call.

I think the call on continuing to play for the future with little regard for winning games was made last year with the dismissal of Bolton. I doubt finals came into consideration.

I think the call on continuing to play for the future with little regard for winning games was made last year with the dismissal of Bolton. I doubt finals came into consideration.
Maybe playing him now improves us maybe not. When someone stands out in certain areas you take notice. I want Carlton to win as much as anyone on here, maybe it's two steps back one step forward. How else do you get AFL games into these players to build experience.

Yeh that's the conundrum try and make finals to build a belief. Or put games into the youth for future success. Would not like to be in the position to make that call.

Its time to win. We don't need every player to be under 25.

Natural progression will hopefully take murphy and and Simpson out of the team this season. Ed can tag for another 2 years easily. The kids can't play every game so they will rotate.

Getting spanked every week does * all for development, as we've seen.

Maybe playing him now improves us maybe not. When someone stands out in certain areas you take notice. I want Carlton to win as much as anyone on here, maybe it's two steps back one step forward. How else do you get AFL games into these players to build experience.

He's 18, he's been given a taste of it, he can probably see himself that he has some work to do before belonging at that level. He goes back and works on it, he'll get another chance, there's no real rush.

McGovern back taking Plowmans spot is not a bad idea actually.When Charlie comes back next year that might become an option.

Marchbank is the other obvious one.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The more I think about it, Gov back as the mid sized defender is very appealing. We desperately need him involved as he makes things happen.

Plow is just a foot soldier. Absolutely can play a role but has a tendency to be absolutely pantsed on the reg.

I really don't get the Gibbons hate on this board.

This is the language we've succumbed ourselves down to.
One prefers one player over another, must mean that there is 'hate' involved.

Who taught us to speak like this? How have we allowed oursleves to do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back