Preview R6 - GC v Adelaide: Sat 7:40pm, AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I would go out Ainsworth and Holman and bring in Ah Chee and Brodie/Dawson. Wright in for Day soon as he is ready

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would definitely bring in Brodie and Ah Chee. Out with Holman and l don't know who else.
I agree Ainsworth has been disappointing but l think he is hampered by a fwd line with only 1 genuine target I think he's one of a few who will greatly benefit from 2MPs return

Would definitely bring in Brodie and Ah Chee. Out with Holman and l don't know who else.
I agree Ainsworth has been disappointing but l think he is hampered by a fwd line with only 1 genuine target I think he's one of a few who will greatly benefit from 2MPs return
Yeah which probably means he needs to come out because 2MP isn't coming back anytime soon.. Holman to come out too.. Ah chee and Brodie in

Won the clearances easily but as Dew said, there’s no run & spread from there. It’s a hack kick forward most times inside 50 and Lynch has no hope really.
I like that Dew’s gone away from the handball madness of early last year but we simply don’t have the players to hit targets by foot. No game plan can work with the poor kicks we have unfortunately. If we don’t apply manic pressure for 120 mins then we get scored against in clumps. How you can win the clearances by 10+ but lose contested ball everywhere else by 30 in one half is damning.

Can't explain my love affair with Young, it's not justified. Yes he went at 54%, only 1 mark, no goals but from his 13 disposals (9 contested) he gained 345m - our 4th highest metres gained. When you consider our game plan at this stage is about pressure (4 tackles - 3 i50) and quick ball movement like I said last week, he always offers the team something, even if that thing is different every week. He's not always that bad with his disposal, he's actually a very good set of hands, and he does have great goal sense.

That's my case for.

If there was a stat for how many times someone runs under the ball with their arms in the air he’d be leading that stat also

Umpiring disgraceful, never seen a free kick count so lopsided. Could definitely have been an even count if they paid those non calls of crows players dropping the ball when tackled. Also too quick to call play on.
We played a good second half against a quality side despite them missing walker for a half and sloane and b.crouch for the game. Lost the entire 2nd half by 3 points. But that first half still happened and it was disgraceful effort.
A few stats for the season.
Gold coast are 18th in
Disposal efficiency
Contested marks
Inside 50 marks
Turnovers
17th in disposals.

Our ball use is our biggest problem otherwise we need to get more of the ball.

We are also 1st in the comp for frees against.

In positive news were in the top half of the comp in most other statistics.
1st for tackles and rebound 50's

Umpiring disgraceful, never seen a free kick count so lopsided. Could definitely have been an even count if they paid those non calls of crows players dropping the ball when tackled. Also too quick to call play on.
We played a good second half against a quality side despite them missing walker for a half and sloane and b.crouch for the game. Lost the entire 2nd half by 3 points. But that first half still happened and it was disgraceful effort.
A few stats for the season.
Gold coast are 18th in
Disposal efficiency
Contested marks
Inside 50 marks
Turnovers
17th in disposals.

Our ball use is our biggest problem otherwise we need to get more of the ball.

We are also 1st in the comp for frees against.

In positive news were in the top half of the comp in most other statistics.
1st for tackles and rebound 50's
Just noting that it is one of the rare times the crows got a good ride from the umps. I was at tge game and when the umps names went up on the screen before the start i didn't recognise any of them and that was a good sign. Some shocking non calls went our way but ultimately i don't think it was THE difference between a win and a loss on the night. All i can add was that we copped a hiding from the umps in the grandfinal last year and most crow supporters will never forgive the umps particularly in the first half of that game when they helped keep richmond close

Just noting that it is one of the rare times the crows got a good ride from the umps. I was at tge game and when the umps names went up on the screen before the start i didn't recognise any of them and that was a good sign. Some shocking non calls went our way but ultimately i don't think it was THE difference between a win and a loss on the night. All i can add was that we copped a hiding from the umps in the grandfinal last year and most crow supporters will never forgive the umps particularly in the first half of that game when they helped keep richmond close
Your already a good team, been help by umpire really made the match unwatchable .

Oh for sure, no one in here thinks the umpiring was the difference, but it really makes it hard to enjoy a game when you know you're already outclassed and the umpires are robbing you of everything you are actually doing well. 29 to 14 on the free kicks - that's a once a year differential

No one cares about the Richmond game, we're talking about Saturday night

Just noting that it is one of the rare times the crows got a good ride from the umps.
Thanks for your input but hardly rare
After 6 games you're averaging 21.5 frees for 16 against
On the other hand we're 25 against 20
And there's no good reason for it other than umpiring bias/guessing
As always happens the umpiring coaches will give their charges a stern talking to this week and they'll front up to a "friendly" stadium like Metricon and ensure they give those frees to the opposition they never seem to give us in Melbourne Geelong Adelaide Sydney or Perth
Looks good on their end of year review

Thanks for your input but hardly rare
After 6 games you're averaging 21.5 frees for 16 against
On the other hand we're 25 against 20
And there's no good reason for it other than umpiring bias/guessing
As always happens the umpiring coaches will give their charges a stern talking to this week and they'll front up to a "friendly" stadium like Metricon and ensure they give those frees to the opposition they never seem to give us in Melbourne Geelong Adelaide Sydney or Perth
Looks good on their end of year review
This is a Joke right?
Of course the can be perfectly legitimate reasons for it. I'd be more suspicious of bad umpiring if the free kick count was even every game and everyone had a 0 differential between FF & FA.
Some reasons a team might be on the negative side of the ledger:
- Outsized by opponent especially for Ruckmen and Key Backs, when these guys are undersized, they tend to grab on more or not be able to reach for a spoil and thus chop the arms.
- Outpaced by opponent, again players tend to grab on if they feel their opponent is more 'explosive' particularly noticeable around stoppages and on fast breaks.
- Gameplan, if you play a contested style there's more in close work, with more tackling. So it follows that if you land the same percentage of your tackle attempts high compared to another team that generally has a lower tackle count, then the fact that you are attempting more tackles will mean more frees against.

This is a Joke right?
Of course the can be perfectly legitimate reasons for it. I'd be more suspicious of bad umpiring if the free kick count was even every game and everyone had a 0 differential between FF & FA.
- Outsized by opponent especially for Ruckmen and Key Backs, when these guys are undersized, they tend to grab on more or not be able to reach for a spoil and thus chop the arms.
- Outpaced by opponent, again players tend to grab on if they feel their opponent is more 'explosive' particularly noticeable around stoppages and on fast breaks.
- Gameplan, if you play a contested style there's more in close work, with more tackling. So it follows that if you land the same percentage of your tackle attempts high compared to another team that generally has a lower tackle count, then the fact that you are attempting more tackles will mean more frees against.

They are all legitimate reasons that you posted but from where I was sitting not too many of those reasons were the cause for a 29-14 penalty count.
On numerous occasions a player from both sides would drop the ball when tackled and most times, not all, but most times, it was only one team being penalised, and it wasn't Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are all legitimate reasons that you posted but from where I was sitting not too many of those reasons were the cause for a 29-14 penalty count.
On numerous occasions a player from both sides would drop the ball when tackled and most times, not all, but most times, it was only one team being penalised, and it wasn't Adelaide.
I never made a comment regarding the Adelaide game, some of those were a little odd. I was more reacting to the premise that over time free kick counts should even out. presented through use of season to date figures.

I agree with you on the night. I have always believed that it is essentially not the free kicks you give away that are the ones that hurt, it is when the opposition do a very similar thing and don't get penalised that the frustration boils over and absolutely on the night there were a number of holding the ball non calls that went against you guys that we in the stands went wow..as usually over the years we are on the receiving end of those non calls

This is a Joke right?

Cognitive bias is multifactorial
It's not based on who the umpire barracked for as a kid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back