Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Wouldn't hurt to have competent opposition at the federal level too.
They are actually pretty decent, you just never see or hear them because of the media. Jobkeeper and jobseeker are massive reasons that some people have been able to get through. Jobkeeper was an initiative created by Albo and the labor party, jobseeker was created by the unions. Could be the other way round, easily confused. So scomo is actually just taking credit for Labor's work and downgrading it. Bet you didn't hear about that though.

IMO one measure of a person's intelligence is their ability to elucidate their thoughts to people who aren't as smart as them. Which makes me think Shorten is a dumb campaigner because I watched him try to explain franking credits on tele and despite having some rudimentary accounting knowledge from work, I still wasn't quite sure what the hell he was talking about. People in the audience were looking at him like he was from another planet.

There's a heap of reasons why the ALP lost that election. Arrogance was definitely a part of it.
Was kinda reminiscent of the Dees in the way they shat the bed really.
Kind of really funny as explaining franking credits is fundamentally pretty ******* simple. I do come from an accounting background though

The idea of scrapping negative gearing was another suicidal idea from Shorten. He would of been better off of putting a cap on the net assets where negative gearing can be claimed to target the rich like he was trying to do. Instead he alienated a lot of his middle class voters who have a property investment or rent and got scared that the policy could lead to an increase in rent

They are actually pretty decent, you just never see or hear them because of the media. Jobkeeper and jobseeker are massive reasons that some people have been able to get through. Jobkeeper was an initiative created by Albo and the labor party, jobseeker was created by the unions. Could be the other way round, easily confused. So scomo is actually just taking credit for Labor's work and downgrading it. Bet you didn't hear about that though.
Come on are e still blaming the media everytime Labor aren't presented in a positive light?

Come on are e still blaming the media everytime Labor aren't presented in a positive light?
Amazing though that nobody knows what actually happened yet people worship scomo as the Messiah even though he just sits on his arse all day bending over for big mining, fossil fuels and daddy Rupert.

Yeah I dunno about that. Pretty much all of the news media I consume is left-leaning but I still think they're a weak opposition.

Full disclaimer: I ******* hate Albo. He's very good mates with one of my besties, so I was stoked when I bumped into him at a charity gig we were both working at. I asked him for a selfie for my mother-in-law who is a massive fan and he told me to * off.

Can't stand the prick now.

Edit: Can't stand SCOMO either fwiw.

Yeah I dunno about that. Pretty much all of the news media I consume is left-leaning but I still think they're a weak opposition.

Full disclaimer: I ******* hate Albo. He's very good mates with one of my besties, so I was stoked when I bumped into him at a charity gig we were both working at. I asked him for a selfie for my mother-in-law who is a massive fan and he told me to fu** off.

Can't stand the prick now.

Edit: Can't stand SCOMO either fwiw.
Yeah Albos nothing special, bit dog of him to do that but I don't really care too much about the person, the policies are all I care about. Albos definitely no Rudd aka "the colonel."

Amazing though that nobody knows what actually happened yet people worship scomo as the Messiah even though he just sits on his arse all day bending over for big mining, fossil fuels and daddy Rupert.
Yeah Scomo isn't great either. Its just the opposition don't have much better to offer. After his holiday mess during the bushfires I am amazed that he has got back in a favourable position with lots of people.

FWIW I liked Turnbull but he didn't play the internal political game enough and was probably too centered for his party so they flicked him. Obviously Abbott the scumbag was always going to try and get him out as revenge

Wither way the point is there doesn't seem to be many great candidates to lead from either party at the moment. It's really down to picking who is the least bad option

Yeah Scomo isn't great either. Its just the opposition don't have much better to offer. After his holiday mess during the bushfires I am amazed that he has got back in a favourable position with lots of people.

FWIW I liked Turnbull but he didn't play the internal political game enough and was probably too centered for his party so they flicked him. Obviously Abbott the scumbag was always going to try and get him out as revenge

Wither way the point is there doesn't seem to be many great candidates to lead from either party at the moment. It's really down to picking who is the least bad option
Yeah, I think scomo has some support still because he's tapped into patriotism in this trade war with China. And so the average Joe thinks he's taking a big stand and protecting our rights against big bullies china. Even though he and his predecessors dug us into this hole by taking china for granted and relying so heavily upon them. I thought Turnbull was the lesser of evils at the time and his only major stuff up was the nbn, but at least he tried to do stuff and didn't advertably try to destroy the environment like Abbott and scomo. Abbott is just a dinosaur who is nothing but scum, he doesn't even deserve mention in this thread.

I agree with you that labor don't have the leader to challenge at the moment. They should have gone with a Penny Wong or Tanya Plibersek type.

I agree with you that labor don't have the leader to challenge at the moment. They should have gone with a Penny Wong or Tanya Plibersek type.
I think they chose Albo as a caretaker for the first couple of years after the 2019 choke. He's competent enough to not be a total *up but not really rowdy enough to put people offside. Plibersek or Wong might be sharper leaders, but could alienate a lot of folks and give the LNP plenty of ammo. Closer to the next election there might be a move as he's not really cutting through this year. Then again, during the fires he was looking very good but since his profile has dropped right off.

COVID has given ScoMo cover. Australia hasn't totally ****ed it (although Vic and now NSW tried) so he's looked good by association. Hard to stick points on s**t like SportsRorts/Leppington/the stuttering economy etc. When the pandemic is all over the news. The China situation probably gives a bit more cover. I don't think the Libs are doing great with it, but a lot of folks would see it as telling Co to gagf and get around that.

There's plenty of dirt Labor can use next election though. Plenty of dodgy/dumb s**t the govt has done, and barely been accountable for cause COVID.

I think they chose Albo as a caretaker for the first couple of years after the 2019 choke. He's competent enough to not be a total fu**up but not really rowdy enough to put people offside. Plibersek or Wong might be sharper leaders, but could alienate a lot of folks and give the LNP plenty of ammo. Closer to the next election there might be a move as he's not really cutting through this year. Then again, during the fires he was looking very good but since his profile has dropped right off.

COVID has given ScoMo cover. Australia hasn't totally f’ed it (although Vic and now NSW tried) so he's looked good by association. Hard to stick points on sh*t like SportsRorts/Leppington/the stuttering economy etc. When the pandemic is all over the news. The China situation probably gives a bit more cover. I don't think the Libs are doing great with it, but a lot of folks would see it as telling Co to gagf and get around that.

There's plenty of dirt Labor can use next election though. Plenty of dodgy/dumb sh*t the govt has done, and barely been accountable for cause COVID.
I agree that Albo was chosen as a sort of caretaker, but when you choose a leader, they should be somebody who can challenge the opposition and win an election, the other two can definitely do that question marks on Albo. Agree too that Scomo has taken a lot of cover through covid and bushfires. Labor should definitely attack how they've done so little on climate change which meant we had the worst fires ever. Also plenty of avenues with aged care, as it is a federal responsibility as well as their slow response to covid. We really just got lucky with covid, if we copped it earlier we would've been gone. Very sick of hearing about how hard this year has been from the govt. It could've been a lot easier had they done something about it.

I agree that Albo was chosen as a sort of caretaker, but when you choose a leader, they should be somebody who can challenge the opposition and win an election, the other two can definitely do that question marks on Albo. Agree too that Scomo has taken a lot of cover through covid and bushfires. Labor should definitely attack how they've done so little on climate change which meant we had the worst fires ever. Also plenty of avenues with aged care, as it is a federal responsibility as well as their slow response to covid. We really just got lucky with covid, if we copped it earlier we would've been gone. Very sick of hearing about how hard this year has been from the govt. It could've been a lot easier had they done something about it.
Yeah the way some of the stimulus has been rolled out to certain industries has been very patchy and slow.
There's been plenty of *ups Labor can remind folks of so I imagine they're just sitting tight for now. Next year the attacks will ramp up as the 'in this together for COVID' sentiment dies down and things kinda get back to a sort of normal.

There's been plenty of fu**ups Labor can remind folks of so I imagine they're just sitting tight for now. Next year the attacks will ramp up as the 'in this together for COVID' sentiment dies down and things kinda get back to a sort of normal.
Will be a very interesting election. Hopefully the ALP worry about policies (and articulating them) rather than simply throwing dirt.

I know popular polls showed the ALP smashing last year's election (lol @ Sportsbet paying out on a Labor win early), but a bunch of independent polls/surveys I was privy to showed a Liberal victory. Certainly wasn't the "miracle" Scomo described it as. Fingers crossed lessons were learned.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be a very interesting election. Hopefully the ALP worry about policies (and articulating them) rather than simply throwing dirt.

I know popular polls showed the ALP smashing last year's election (lol @ Sportsbet paying out on a Labor win early), but a bunch of independent polls/surveys I was privy too showed a Liberal victory. Certainly wasn't the "miracle" Scomo described it as. Fingers crossed lessons were learned.
Labor’s biggest problem for a while now is actually articulating their policy

Labor’s biggest problem for a while now is actually articulating their policy
Seems they can't do anything that wins the middle without pissing off their progressive wing. Combine that with white male union members being swayed by socially conservative nuffies and its no wonder they can't win.

The conservative end give zero shits about working people, they don't even pretend anymore.

Merry Christmas y’all.

Put this together at 48h notice for an exiled Christmas lunch for 2 - yes it’s lamb. BD539AC3-1851-4719-98E6-FFD55FF958DD.jpeg

Haven't posted in a while, so hello!

Just spent a week driving around Vic. Stayed in Loch Sport, Taralgon and Warburton. Twas nice.

Never thought I’d say this but Smith is out of form.

No one can sustain his form forever but I can’t recall him ever failing 3 innings in a row.

Never thought I’d say this but Smith is out of form.

No one can sustain his form forever but I can’t recall him ever failing 3 innings in a row.
Time to drop him, his average has dropped to a lowly 62.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back