Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People do and will hate me for saying it, but i can't do Pink Floyd or The Beatles. Dont hate their songs but i can't listen to them either..... I also think, Kiss is probably the most overrated band of all time with The Rolling Stones not far behind them. There. Pretty sure I've upset the majority of people born before 1972.
BTW I’m thinking about a board ban for you for Icehouse and Roxette.

Fun fact: 80% of all audio engineers (worldwide) are called Bruce- I know three, whereas I've never met a Bruce who works in any other industry.

I only have one mother though, and that's more than enough thank you.
Did they all graduate from the University of Woolloomooloo?

The interview they replayed with him and Andrew Maher's reaction was some pretty heavy and emotional radio.
To know the fight is over, the end is just around the corner and he's going to leave his young family behind, ugh, I can't think of anything worse.
Yep.
Hard not to put yourself in his shoes and just ponder how bloody difficult that would be.

More because the stuff I like can often be considered garbage
I confessed to liking Coldplay on this very thread (and got immediately ridiculed) so if I can survive I dont see how you escape.

It can’t be that bad surely? Unless your top 5 is composed of the works of Phil Collins and Spandau Ballet

I confessed to liking Coldplay on this very thread (and got immediately ridiculed) so if I can survive I dont see how you escape.

It can’t be that bad surely? Unless your top 5 is composed of the works of Phil Collins and Spandau Ballet
Well I am very seriously toying with Selena Gomez at 5...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont like either of them, but love those two songs.
Fair enough.

This is fun. I’m adding to my list of songs I need to check out. I’ve already watched 2 movies on Cannon’s list of films, so this is proving useful.

What say I draw up some wobbly rules that mean this time you need to limit yourself to 5 love songs / sentimental songs / ballads?

In no particular order I’m going:

1. Sting - Fields of Gold (performed by Eva Cassidy for preference)
2. Simply Red - Holding back the Years
3. Kathy’s Song - Simon and Garfunkel
4. Cyndi Lauper - Time after Time (also Eva Cassidy cover for preference)
5. Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah (definitely sung by Cohen)

With apologies to Hunters and Collectors - throw your arms around me, Leonard Cohen - Suzanne and Beatles - Yesterday.

1. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
2. Heroes - David Bowie
3. Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
4. Everglow - Coldplay
5. Sweet Disposition - Temper Trap

This isn't definitive and changes on my mood.

1. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
2. Heroes - David Bowie
3. Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
4. Everglow - Coldplay
5. Sweet Disposition - Temper Trap

This isn't definitive and changes on my mood.
It changes all the time. I’ve just realised I forgot to consider Beachboys God only Knows.

That doesn’t seem a deeply offensive list of yours though - which won’t prevent someone piling in for a full ridicule moment...

It changes all the time. I’ve just realised I forgot to consider Beachboys God only Knows.

That doesn’t seem a deeply offensive list of yours though - which won’t prevent someone piling in for a full ridicule moment...
As I said, Selena Gomez. Also flirted with One Direction and a bit of Tay Tay

Fair enough.

This is fun. I’m adding to my list of songs I need to check out. I’ve already watched 2 movies on Cannon’s list of films, so this is proving useful.

What say I draw up some wobbly rules that mean this time you need to limit yourself to 5 love songs / sentimental songs / ballads?

In no particular order I’m going:

1. Sting - Fields of Gold (performed by Eva Cassidy for preference)
2. Simply Red - Holding back the Years
3. Kathy’s Song - Simon and Garfunkel
4. Cyndi Lauper - Time after Time (also Eva Cassidy cover for preference)
5. Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah (definitely sung by Cohen)

With apologies to Hunters and Collectors - throw your arms around me, Leonard Cohen - Suzanne and Beatles - Yesterday.

Number #1 is easy ;)

(Roxette - Listen to Your Heart would 2nd but I've already named it so some new material)

1. Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares to you
2. Crowded House - Fall at your feet
3. Ellie Goulding - Figure 8
4. Jarryd James - Do you remember?
5. Kanye West - Runaway

very close : Madonna - Frozen & Dido - White Flag

As much as i love Crowded House's "Fall at your feet", i actually think Boy and Bear do it even better. An absolutely amazing cover of it. (and i usually detest covers of a great song)

As much as i love Crowded House's "Fall at your feet", i actually think Boy and Bear do it even better. An absolutely amazing cover of it. (and i usually detest covers of a great song)
Sinead's Nothing Compares is a great cover.

If only Prince recorded a proper studio version of his own :(... still love this one though:

Sinead's Nothing Compares is a great cover.

If only Prince recorded a proper studio version of his own :(... still love this one though:

Yea, i knew Prince wrote it, he's written so many great songs that others made hits.

Top 5 is impossible so you're just getting some songs I love. Do yourself a favour and listen to these.

Gradmaster Melle Mel and the furious five - Beat Street

The sound of silence - Disturbed

Kickstart my heart - Motley crew

Hurt - Johnny Cash

Roll on up - Hilltop hoods

And a million others.

Epic - Faith no more

The moth and the flame - Les Deux love orchester

If I had a heart - Fever ray

Mad world - Gary Jules

I'm on fire - Bruce Springsteen

The River - Bruce Springsteen

Comfortably numb - Pink Floyd

Youth of a nation - P.O.D

Sad but true - Metallica

Mama said - Metallica - In their only attempt at a country song they nailed it.

Betty Davis eyes - Kim Carnes

Fields of joy - Lenny Kravitz

Always on the run AKA Mama said - Lenny Kravitz

What the **** are we saying - Lenny Kravitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back