Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:

Dmitri Trenin, What Is Russia Up To in the Middle East?

Just read the synopsis.

A bit of a different take and lines up quite a bit with my own research of Russian defence trade and manufacturing.

He is right that we shouldn’t necessarily view things within the older confines of the old Cold War rivalry.

'Father of Nation role '

Among his proposals, he suggested:

• Transferring more power to parliament by allowing lawmakers to name prime ministers and cabinet members (currently the president makes these appointments)
  • Amending how heads of security agencies are appointed to allow the president to decide after consulting the Federation Council (the upper house of Russia's Federal Assembly)
  • "Enshrining" the State Council, a body that advises the president
  • Lifting the residency requirements for presidential candidates from 10 years to 25
  • Preventing presidential candidates who have held foreign residency in the past, not just at election time
  • Allowing the Russian constitutional court to review whether laws comply with the constitution before the president signs them
  • Preventing international law from being prioritised over Russian law
  • Prohibiting civil servants from holding foreign citizenship
  • Adding a provision to keep minimum wage and pensions above the poverty line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read tonight that a criminal has been deported with VISA cancelled by Dutton. The flight was today.

What happens when the person arrives home?

Do they leave the Airport at that end with no cash and told to go and create a new life?

Depends on what country they go to and what they are accused of I spose.

So here’s what happens in NZ

“According to frontline support services, 501 deportees overwhelmingly struggle to thrive when they return to New Zealand, and most have no contacts, friends or family waiting.
Deportees are met at the airport by two police officers and a parole officer from the corrections department. They are fingerprinted, given AU$250 and taken to a motel with accommodation booked for five nights.
After that they are pretty much on their own.”

Reckon you’ve read this one wrong mate, people are seeing through Warren. She’s taken most of the criticism for preforming a political stunt.

All things being equal, I’m of the opinion that - based on all the political “shenanigans” that have surfaced over the past number of years - Elizabeth Warren’s silly Native American overreach is very much at the lower end of the diabolical transgressions scale. I accept that people are triggered by different things based on their particular “leanings”.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All things being equal, I’m of the opinion that - based on all the political “shenanigans” that have surfaced over the past number of years - Elizabeth Warren’s silly Native American overreach is very much at the lower end of the diabolical transgressions scale. I accept that people are triggered by different things based on their particular “leanings”.

I’m certainly triggered by the fact her husband doesn’t want to drink a beer with her. :p

She’s so fake. Pretended to be a person of colour, pretended her father was a janitor, pretended her kids went to public school, although it’s kind of petty stuff the list is pretty long. The Internet hasn’t been good for her. You can’t get away with being fake if you’re going to try to be the president of America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back