Bumped Random Chat - Winter is coming

Toump Ass

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
I see your "shit for days" and raise you this:

Buy house in Hobart, Pack up 20 years worth of stuff, whilst simultaneously renovating a house for sale. Move all our crap into Storage King, put house on the market, take car to Spirit of Tasmania with trailer loaded with delicate musical gear, Drive from Devonport to Hobart with a damn trailer, unload, drive back to Devonport again, catch Spirit of Tasmania again back to Melbourne, Finally sell house, Pack everything again into boxes, fill shipping crate, Take 2 cars and a dog and cat along with toddler on the Spirit of Tasmania, drive from Devonport to Hobart again while being obliged to stay within view of Mrs the whole way, arrive in Hobart at 11.30am, shipping crate arrives at 12.30, we have 3 days to empty shipping crate (just me and my mrs, and she don't do lifting) so we start immediately. 3 days later, crate is emptied and collected and we are literally just clinging to life.

I would have whinged sooner, but I didn't have the time... :drunk:
Jesus, I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine.

No way my relationship would have survived that, it's been traumatic enough moving 3 minutes down the road...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PerfectFooty

Perfect Cell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
Moderator #4,504
You walk around in the summer time saying how about this heat? You're an a**hole.
I may have been born and lived here my life so far, but i cannot manage the Australian summer in the slightest. 41 in rural vic today.

Just bring me back sweet cold footy filled winter

ponsdale

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I may have been born and lived here my life so far, but i cannot manage the Australian summer in the slightest. 41 in rural vic today.

Just bring me back sweet cold footy filled winter
Cracking 46 in central NSW too. Damn that's hot.

Just in case you think I was actually calling you an a**hole...

LeverPuller

BigFooty Tanker
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Newcastle United Seattle Seahawks
Cracking 46 in central NSW too. Damn that's hot.

Just in case you think I was actually calling you an a**hole...

It’s been a ****** up here the last week.

Barely any relief too, two sub-35 days then right back to it on Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I’m feeling super pleased with myself. My place stays pretty cool with very high ceilings, but the extreme heat lately made it oven hot. Once the weather broke I could have cooled it quickly by throwing open the bay-facing doors upstairs to let the sea-breeze through the place, but I won’t open those doors for fear of the cats leaping off the balcony. So I spent half the night designing solutions and was at Bunnings at 7am. Now I have constructed the perfect cat-gate barrier from wire-shelving and cable-ties. I think I may just have the makings of a successful and wealthy industrial engineer.
8B81F3FD-B91F-4DFB-9B7B-0A70CF6D2DC4.jpeg

PerfectFooty

Perfect Cell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
Moderator #4,516
I’m feeling super pleased with myself. My place stays pretty cool with very high ceilings, but the extreme heat lately made it oven hot. Once the weather broke I could have cooled it quickly by throwing open the bay-facing doors upstairs to let the sea-breeze through the place, but I won’t open those doors for fear of the cats leaping off the balcony. So I spent half the night designing solutions and was at Bunnings at 7am. Now I have constructed the perfect cat-gate barrier from wire-shelving and cable-ties. I think I may just have the makings of a successful and wealthy industrial engineer.
View attachment 610899
Which cat is that one?

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
Moderator #4,518
I won't lie. For now i got something pretty standard, but i really thought about asking for your services.

But i probably will further down the track at some point. So when the time comes, you're my first choice!
Send me through some details if you want to. I'll play around with it when I've got some free time.

PerfectFooty

Perfect Cell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
Moderator #4,520
Something Jack Watts inspired might be nice.
Computers and Swimming don't mix
Send me through some details if you want to. I'll play around with it when I've got some free time.
I should be right for the time being. But maybe 6 months (or more) down the track i'll probably come to you. When i have more cash flow i will pay you if i decide to use your skills

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
Moderator #4,521
Something Jack Watts inspired might be nice.
If you're suggesting I hide something untoward in the design ... you've obviously never seen the logo I did once for a mate that featured a cock and balls. It was initially a joke amongst a couple of options, and that was the one he picked ... I didnt have the heart to mention it.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Am I missing something about the banner at the Big Bash last night?

'Its ok to be white'

3 blokes were arrested and kicked out of the ground and are now facing backlash as racists..

Now I don't like people using sport for political stuff but what exactly is the issue here?

Cannon82

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Am I missing something about the banner at the Big Bash last night?

'Its ok to be white'

3 blokes were arrested and kicked out of the ground and are now facing backlash as racists..

Now I don't like people using sport for political stuff but what exactly is the issue here?
Modern politics. Get a load of the reporting and the "tweets" from some of our enlightened young folk (and what is it with the practice of quoting people's tweets in news articles? Like some random yahoo on the internet corroborates a story). They claim that "It's OK to be white" is hate speech. Let that sink in.

Edit: Also, it's PC gone maaaaaaad.... someone here hates that term, but I can't remember who. Probably schmuttt .

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Modern politics. Get a load of the reporting and the "tweets" from some of our enlightened young folk (and what is it with the practice of quoting people's tweets in news articles? Like some random yahoo on the internet corroborates a story). They claim that "It's OK to be white" is hate speech. Let that sink in.

Edit: Also, it's PC gone maaaaaaad.... someone here hates that term, but I can't remember who. Probably schmuttt .
I think it is me.

Top Bottom