Random NON FOOTY thoughts not worthy of a thread: Edition II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, a lot of people who go into franchises are woefully prepared for it.
Prolly true, caveat emptor and all that stuff applies, on the other hand the franchisors dont seem to be knocking these people back when they apply. it would seem they are happy to take their money and let them fall.

IMO they pretty much fail the back on the envelope math ,
-crappy products,
-extortionate rent,
-minuscule margins,
-Massive licencing /input costs.

How this equals a handsome profit without running the show on underpaid foreign wages is surely a slight of hand?

RIP to the Cynical Brit- John "TotalBiscuit" Bain.

Divisive figure to many, but his work and willingness to review smaller indie developers (and therefore expose them to a larger market) would have made the careers of many many people.

Wait really? Yikes.
Yep, unfortunately had a reoccurance of his bowel cancer after it going into remission, which spread to his spine and liver.
Was told last month Chemo wasn't working.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know theres a few Vegos on the board.

Found this interesting:

Thanks for posting this DP. I always get a kick out of watching people trying to be polite about how meat substitutes taste. Good on them for trying! But it's also okay to say, "Gee it's good, but there's no way it's the same as meat." (Or, alternately, "This crap tastes like cardboard." Which is pretty much what I have said about all vegan "cheese".)

This looks like a good solution though, for those whose palates need for something to try and reproduce the taste and texture of meat. I feel lucky that I've never liked meat in the first place (I'm more of a tempeh/lentil person) but with a huge variety of tastes to satisfy in the world, something like this goes a long way to helping folks transition to less animal protein in their diet. And I give a thumbs-up to that!

IF your fav north player was a cartoon ?

Nathan O'Keefe

latest

Almost as long as I've supported north.

My aunt dated a Manchurian back in the 90s who was a rusted on city fan, ended up uprooting her life and one of her kids to move to England and marry him.

They still live there.

And she's the PA for one of the top guys at man city now.

The club has ridiculous similarities to North in regard to the family vibe and focus on community. Ive seen some behind the scenes Vids that were for their staff and their main focus is on their fans and growing the community.
She'd know that old gag about why all of the kids in Manchester support United and not City. Because every kid is told to keep away from main road!!
Being that Man City's old ground was Maine Road. Told you, old gag. Anyway, I remember watching Uwe Rossler, Georgi Kinkladze and the like many years ago. UTO FTB WAWAW

What a drive that was by Danny Bhoy. Power way down and he had to figure out a way to keep the full powered chasing pack at bay for the last 50 odd laps. Only had 6 of 8 gears in use. Amazing!

Will Power winning the Indy 500 overnight was another great achievement.

The two most famous car races in the world won by Aussies on the same day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back