Rawlings moves to list manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully he doesn't follow the north style of list managememt and bring in old farts. Wont be surprised if he brings in harvey and petrie.

He would want to do a lot better for us than he did for north.
I was a bit confused by the article on the AFL website and the one on the WCE site. AFL site said he was the manager at North while the WCE site only said he was involved in recruiting...

EDIT: AFL site said senior recruiter and induction coach.

We all know how great north recruiting is.

Don't like this.

I was a bit confused by the article on the AFL website and the one on the WCE site. AFL site said he was the manager at North while the WCE site only said he was involved in recruiting...

EDIT: AFL site said senior recruiter and induction coach.
Yeah, he wasn't list manager at North

I really like this move. I see this as Simmo gaining more control over the shape of the list. He has his good buddy and his trusted V/C from his times at North to pick the players he wants.
Pretty much what I was thinking. Less recruiting god son's and more recruiting decent footballers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember reading a few years ago (Woosh still coaching then) that WCE was a club where the coach wasn't very active in recruiting, more just gave a list of needs and got the recruiters to make decisions? Looks like now Simmo wants more of a direct hand which can only be a good thing in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also means we are in need of a new Midfield coach. This is a really important one to get right. I feel we have been lacking in this area for a while.

Pretty much what I was thinking. Less recruiting god son's and more recruiting decent footballers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember reading a few years ago (Woosh still coaching then) that WCE was a club where the coach wasn't very active in recruiting, more just gave a list of needs and got the recruiters to make decisions? Looks like now Simmo wants more of a direct hand which can only be a good thing in my opinion.
I don't think that is unusual. If you have a person spending 40 hours a week focusing on up and coming players, watching U16 games to identify players and note their strengths and weaknesses, and then you have another person, more involved with the current team, who might spend an hour a week watching highlights videos who would you trust more for recruitment? As far as I know the recruitment team does the majority of the work, and then presents a package of the player to the list manager, coach etc. Saying that, i also believe there is a separate drafting recruitment manager as well, and the list manager would spend more time on the current player contracts and prospective players from other clubs.

I don't think that is unusual. If you have a person spending 40 hours a week focusing on up and coming players, watching U16 games to identify players and note their strengths and weaknesses, and then you have another person, more involved with the current team, who might spend an hour a week watching highlights videos who would you trust more for recruitment? As far as I know the recruitment team does the majority of the work, and then presents a package of the player to the list manager, coach etc. Saying that, i also believe there is a separate drafting recruitment manager as well, and the list manager would spend more time on the current player contracts and prospective players from other clubs.
Yeah but apparently some other teams (Richmond and North spring to mind) have their coach heavily involved in recruitment. Probably shows due to performances of Richmond in particular as apparently Hardwick, as well as Wallace before him, made the final calls on who to draft...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back