Preview RD 1 Geelong v Adelaide Sat Mar 20 4:35 pm @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They lied seeds it was the last 6 years every year 2 goal a game ave,2014 to 2019 inclusive
It wasn’t the goals we were discussing. It was the avoiding contests. Sitting on a wing to receive side ways chip kicks rather then pushing foward more to provide a marking option down the line. Terrible ruck work and reduced speed on the lead.

All off season we have rabbited on about how deep we bat and rd1 we are back to Zuthrie in the run on side.
We don’t bat deep at all.

atkins, zuthrie and dalhaus all in. F*** me. Would much rather narkle, constable and Evans.

whilst I like the Extra tall foward its a real pity it’s Jenkins.

Didn't even notice no Tuohy - maybe not injured, just building fitness after back issues over the pre-season

And Henry won't be seen; tomorrow he'll be lining up in the VFL alongside Tuohy

Evans & Constable the traveling emergencies with one of them to be the sub

Evans the sub then. Constable not flexible enough positionally.

Sucks to give a kid his first jumper only to be told to hide it under a sub vest

Happy that Atkins is named, and on field, as it means Scotty didn't make a liar out of me haha.

Now that I've calmed down a bit, have realized that things aren't as doom and gloom re: Cameron.

We made it within a half a Dusty of a flag last year, and we've added all of Atkins, Clark, Higgins and Smith, while only having Simmo and Dunc missing. Taylor was on his last legs, and Hendo has basically been a like for like replacement that we got out of nowhere after his massive resurgence. Ablett was literally on his last legs, given his injuries basically only let him get back right at the pointy end - and he still didn't really contribute that much.

All in all, given our position last year, we could end up losing a retiring Ablett and Taylor, and if we make finals again, have added Cameron, Smith, Higgins, Clark, Atkins, and maybe even Evans if he gets his shot at one stage.

As s**t as this whole thing is, we should be able to see just where we're at come Round 2 against Brisbane, and even then, we actually don't need Cameron, Dunc or Sav for the first 5 weeks, as our draw is pretty damn good:

Round 1: Crows @ Adelaide
Round 2: Lions @ Home
Round 3: Hawks @ MCG
Round 4: Dees @ MCG
Round 5: Roos @ Home

Only one finalist out of the first 5, and then we face the Eagles at home and Swans at the SCG, before our big test against the Tigers at the 'G in Round 8.

If we can have Cameron, Duncan, Sav and even Simmo, fit and firing by then, then I think we'll be in good shape. Actually lucky our draw is soft to begin the season.

Bring on Season 2021!

:)

Last edited:
Must be injured. Couldn't possibly be ranked 27 or lower from amongst the available playing group.

Zuth over Henry is a genuine surprise, though. And it leaves you with the feeling that if the group stays fit (and we see the likes of Cameron, Duncan, Simpson and Tuohy all available again), there's going to be some other omitted names raising some eyebrows as the year goes on.
Bit weird... played practice game against Essendon and they say he needs build up fitness, but other hand Dahlhaus is right to play with not much game time...
Is it a excuse that his not in there best 22 at the moment :shrug:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was expecting the worst and lo! - where is the youth? We've been losing finals for years but keep picking the same players. What is that definition of insanity?
Logic dictates that we must see new faces in the team. I seriously question Kolo and Dalhouse, who is possibly not even fit. The back line looks very pedestrian indeed. Zac Guthrie is young so i'll cut him some slack, but he's been responsible for some memorably poor games in the past. Rohan can play, but his finals record is execrable. Supporters can cope with disappointment as long as they're seeing new faces in the team and evidence of a fresh approach.

Oh well it's a long season, so we might eventually get to see Freddie, Stephens, Evans et al not forgetting the likes of Constable, Narkle - the jury is surely still out on them.

So we are playing an extra tall foward and have dropped a tall defender.

im pretty sure I was banging on about such a change for all of last year.

you couldn’t of gone one game earlier Scott and done this in the grand final? Really?
Yeah I finally liking the defence now, we can finally use a bit of run and carry for once, while having 2 tall timbers to kick to with a bit of run around them to...

Bit weird... played practice game against Essendon and they say he needs build up fitness, but other hand Dahlhaus is right to play with not much game time...

I agree it's more than a little strange. Thought he must actually be injured but he's apparently running out with the Bankers tomorrow. And, as you say, the contrast with Dahlhaus is certainly stark.

Guess the next few weeks will tell us a lot about the pecking order if the list actually really gets fit and stays fit.

I was expecting the worst and lo! - where is the youth? We've been losing finals for years but keep picking the same players. What is that definition of insanity?
Logic dictates that we must see new faces in the team. I seriously question Kolo and Dalhouse, who is possibly not even fit. The back line looks very pedestrian indeed. Zac Guthrie is young so i'll cut him some slack, but he's been responsible for some memorably poor games in the past. Rohan can play, but his finals record is execrable. Supporters can cope with disappointment as long as they're seeing new faces in the team and evidence of a fresh approach.

Oh well it's a long season, so we might eventually get to see Freddie, Stephens, Evans et al not forgetting the likes of Constable, Narkle - the jury is surely still out on them.
We gave up numerous draft picks to bring in two 33 year olds and a 28 year old. What did you think was gonna happen?

So Claude’s dam a bit more optimistic??

I floated that possibility yesterday.

Maybe he was Best 22 when brought into the leadership group, but isn't right now.

He missed the first practice game against Collingwood due to back spasms in the warmup, and in the Krock article they mentioned he had been battling back issues over the preseason

Wonder if it's just a case of getting another run into, and one that doesn't require him to jump on a plane - wonder if he would have played seniors should we have been playing in Vic and not dealing with the travel issue

So we are playing an extra tall foward and have dropped a tall defender.

im pretty sure I was banging on about such a change for all of last year.

you couldn’t of gone one game earlier Scott and done this in the grand final? Really?

Im guessing that fitting in two elite spearheads instead of one has motivated a juggling of team balance. gotta plan for having hawkins+JC playing together, need a plan that takes advantage of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back