Preview Rd 22 vs Collingwood IN:Hooper,Young OUT:Birchall (hamstring), Hodge (knee)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

PNess

Club Legend
Aug 6, 2003
Earth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Hawthorn
In: Hooper,Young
Out: Birchall (hamstring), Hodge (knee)

Collingwood

In: Ben Reid, John McCarthy, Josh Fraser
Out: Alan Didak (shoulder), John Anthony (omitted), Leigh Brown (susp)

screenhunter05aug270947.jpg

Pretty much as predicted. Hope Hodgey's good to go for finals, and good to see Dasher back. Pies team:

B:
Nick Maxwell, Nathan Brown, Ben Johnson
HB: Harry O'Brien, Ben Reid, Heath Shaw
C: Sharrod Wellingham, Dane Swan, Alan Toovey
HF: Brent Macaffer, Travis Cloke, Luke Ball
F: Dayne Beams,Chris Dawes, Steele Sidebottom
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Dale Thomas
Int: Jarryd Blair, Tyson Goldsack, Josh Fraser, John McCarthy

Emg: Leon Davis, Paul Medhurst, John Anthony

In: Josh Fraser, John McCarthy, Ben Reid

Out: John Anthony (omitted), Leigh Brown (suspended), Alan Didak (bruised shoulder)

Good to see Young is fine and Hoops is getting a chance to get some fitness into his body before the finals.

Looks good.

No Didak for them either

In: Josh Fraser, John McCarthy, Ben Reid

Out: John Anthony (omitted), Leigh Brown (suspended), Alan Didak (bruised shoulder)

Good ins, unfortunate on Hodge, however I think resting him up for the next month is the right call.

Get him close to 100% and we will be hard to stop.

Always hate to see Hodgey out. My expectations of a win take a dramatic nose dive. Right call though, unless a miracle occurs we will be over at Subi or up in Sydney which is when we will really need him:)

nooooooooo. Poor hodgey, its a shame to see him rested, but what can you do.

Look good that there is no Didak or Brown, which eliminates some X-factor and height from Collingwood. But I'm still worried about Collingwoods younsters in Wellingham, Sidebottom and Beams. Those 3 have pace and goal-scoring pressure.

We've lacked a bit of pace and those 3 are a chance to expose us. Hopefully they wont. Carn the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with the line ups.

Good to see both Hooper and Youngy back into the side,looks good on paper.

All we need now is Hodge back next week for the finals.

If Carton beat Freo expect more changes!

Great ins. We need match time into these guys. Would have liked Laddo in for WhiteX but it is nice to see them showing some faith in the kid.

If Carton beat Freo expect more changes!

Great ins. We need match time into these guys. Would have liked Laddo in for WhiteX but it is nice to see them showing some faith in the kid.

I was thinking the other way. If freo win we might rest a couple more.

ladson Schoey and shiels could do a job against the pies

surely if brown plays he will be down back - theres enough dangerious forwards there.

But I guess with he pies its how you match up down the flanks - unless we can get on top of them in the center square again !

I was thinking the other way. If freo win we might rest a couple more.

ladson Schoey and shiels could do a job against the pies

surely if brown plays he will be down back - theres enough dangerious forwards there.

But I guess with he pies its how you match up down the flanks - unless we can get on top of them in the center square again !

Haven't read all the preview thread, so this might have been in there, but does anyone reckon he'll tag Harry?

Also, good to see Bateman and Young named on the wings - would love to see them in full flight in the finals.

very precise shepp, are you sure you didn't have anything further to add :D

Fine, I'll add more :)

We lose drive out of the backline with Birchall. We know what we lose with Hodge.

Young is a big in. Perhaps he can play a defensive-forward role and Lewis can replace Hodge in the middle.

Collingwood are great at running the ball out of defence. Shaw, O'brien are great defenders that could cause us some grief on the rebound. Hooper will have to apply good pressure on them, as well as impacting the scoreboard with a goal or two.

Our forward line is just about the best it could be IMO.

Thought Ladson would come in for Whitecross.

I expect us to line up like this:

FB: Guerra Gilham Brown
HB: Stratton Gibson Murphy
C: Lewis Mitchell Bateman (might tag Swan)
HF: Rioli Roughead Young
FF: Peterson Franklin Osborne
R: Renouf Burgoyne Sewell
I/C: Ellis, Hooper, Whitecross, Skipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back