Remove this Banner Ad

Oh they were well and truly due a win
No-one has zero wins for a season and we were ripe
It's just sad to see the diffrence between us and GWS
Playing in a different space
Norf and us are at about the same level as this game shows
No doubt that bizarre handball free against Fishy killed our momentum
Think I'll take another week off

So nice of us to accommodate teams who need a win. ;-)

It would be nice if we kicked the ball to red shirts once in a while.

Bad luck Suns. Very impressive game style you are playing. I counted at least 3 calls and non calls against you that would have brought the scores much closer than that if not in your favour. Throw call on Matera was a shocker. Definite HTB not called in your F50 and Lynch dragged back in a marking contest. Home town crowd affected the umpires no doubt. Geez you have so many players with real leg speed.

I said at the start of the week a North 30 point win and was shouted down as negative by some. We are the weakest hearted team in the league and North with a finger nail of talent but a heart as big as a football have just shown it to us again.

I don't know what's wrong with this club, if it's the GC curse or just being out of the spotlight but what a ******* embarrassing mess we have turned out to be to the AFL.

Now I know some after a Day or two to will provide a level headed synopsis on players out etc but I ask you this question... look at Norths list and look at ours and ask yourselves which has more talent and which has more heart
Nobody can argue with this sentiment. Spot on mate.

Well, thank god for the Hawks and Swans, we are not the biggest laughing stock in the league. Still a laughing stock, but not the biggest.

Probably the most positive thing I think I can muster at the moment. :(

Troy Parnell
He and Matthew Nicholls get their kicks out of doing us time and again
The bizarre calls and non-calls killed us
But I'm just another sad supporter of the losing team saying "The umps killed us"
Norf supporters will be using all their saved up dole money on some Aldi beer tonight no doubt

Bad luck Suns. Very impressive game style you are playing. I counted at least 3 calls and non calls against you that would have brought the scores much closer than that if not in your favour. Throw call on Matera was a shocker. Definite HTB not called in your F50 and Lynch dragged back in a marking contest. Home town crowd affected the umpires no doubt. Geez you have so many players with real leg speed.
You're being very generous, our execution was disgraceful

You put May Thompson and Day in that team and we don't lose
No way May doesn't carve a pretender like Brown up and have his liver with a chianti
Leslie may get there someday but he's sure not there yet
Injuries are our curse
We were missing May Thompson Swallow McKenzie Hanley Ainsworth Kolonashki Rischitelli Day and Rosa 1 man down.
That's a lot of personal.

Gaz gets no protection from the umpires at the stoppages either
And what's with those Melbourne yokels booing him?
The guys an icon and genius and those toothless freaks are razzing him?
No wonder most of the footy world hates Norf supporters

We were missing May Thompson Swallow McKenzie Hanley Ainsworth Kolonashki Rischitelli Day and Rosa 1 man down.
That's a lot of personnel

And a lot of skill
I'd have Maysie kick for my life and all the other guys are superb by foot
Every one of those players are in my best 22
I understand the frustration of "other Clubs" get by with injuries
But we have never been able to develop a playing style or winning culture because of our injuries
Until we get at least 18 of our best 22 on the park for most of the season we will struggle as a team and a Club

Well done tonight lads, pushed us right to the end.

Would also like to apologise for the embarrassing booing of Gary Ablett by our fans tonight. Was quite frankly a disgrace and shameful to treat a legend of the sport like that. Our supporters have rocks in their heads.

All the best next week :thumbsu:

Any friend of Blighty is welcome- thanks
It's a strange "groupthink " to boo Gaz
Really strange

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I simply don't understand the selection of shaw and lonergan into this team , surely playing 2 of sheer , Brodie , scrimshaw , or darcy is going to make us better long term , we are not going to win the premiership this year so identify the players that are going to take us there and pump ******* games into them asap. Rant over.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well, thank god for the Hawks and Swans, we are not the biggest laughing stock in the league. Still a laughing stock, but not the biggest.

Probably the most positive thing I think I can muster at the moment. :(
Difference is they have the respect of the AFL community we don't.
The People laughing at them are jealous of their recent records and culture, no one is jealous of ours. We have been given everything to be successful but we are as weak as piss.

I was at the GWS Canberra game last night and many times the Giants had the easy path of losing to the reigning premier and no one would of thought poorly of them but they found a way to win.

I fully expect that some will say well if you can't support the team then F off, but I say it is because I love this club so much that I am gutted by this weak hearted effort we show and that is why I must vent that anger on this forum. It is my passion that makes it hurt so much

Wow I can't believe how many times we turn the ball over Miss kicks too many players not hitting target Bowes is too slow and has no defensive pressure whatsoever Leslie to slow hall butchers his kicks and Lonergan pathetic should have beaten North Melbourne by at least 5 or 6 goals they need to make drastic changes and look at bringing Brody and McPherson in at least have got some legs speed need to give bullScheer run next week against the cats coaches need to stop playing favorites and finally make some hard decisions for god's sake

We're playing guys who the Team selection panel would love to have left in the NEAFL for a while/(In Matt Shaw and Brooksby's case forever)
We have 10 first 22 players on the sidelines
In this day and age you can't cover that
Tell me who was playing Centre Half Back tonight?
Really?
Who was?
We have no defensive structure at the moment, 10 of our best sitting out and yet a couple of decisions go our way we win tonight
It's not all doom and gloom but the whole injury thing is starting to create a nasty sense of deja vu(deja vu)

It's bizarre.

Hopefully he takes it as a compliment as I can only think it's because he is a legend, as stupid as that sounds. We really are a pathetic collective supporter group sometimes
Every club has them, I was at the Giants game last night and saw a 60 yo woman tell a young couple to F off ( I kid you not) when they dared to celebrate the Giants win after the game, very same woman had spat hateful rants for the entire game.

We're playing guys who the Team selection panel would love to have left in the NEAFL for a while/(In Matt Shaw and Brooksby's case forever)
We have 10 first 22 players on the sidelines
In this day and age you can't cover that
Mate I love your work on this board but I can't agree, North have lost Harvey, Petrie, DelSanto, Firito, Swallow and Thomas out of last years side and spanked us.

I say this only to stop the apathy and excuse making on this board, every loss we make excuses, when are we going to stand up ?

It's bizarre.

Hopefully he takes it as a compliment as I can only think it's because he is a legend, as stupid as that sounds. We really are a pathetic collective supporter group sometimes
it seems nowadays it's just the norm for opposition supporters to boo gaz, it's not just you guys. against the dawks this year he copped a few up until about halftime when they all left.

It's bizarre.

Carlton did the same a couple of weeks ago , it is really strange , it would be like us booing boomer Harvey at metricon , I don't think we would do it , so it is bizarre.

Hate the bitch about the umpires
But............................

Yeah I know
Nothing opposition supporters like more than to troll over us losers whining about umpiring decisions
but...............;)
The worst part about that handball free other than the timing was
a) the guessing
b)the fact that there will be 1000 worse handballs than that let go in this round alone
really just an arse of a decision

I was talking to an umpire development coach recently and apparently the good decision makers get sent back to the minor leagues because"they can't run"
So aerobic running is valued more highly than decision making

Remove this Banner Ad

Back