Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 7 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got $17 for us to win the flag in 19 after round 13 or 14.
1 or 2 losses means * all in the scheme of things

3 rounds into the season and one clear and obvious observation. The overall tackle count and pressure ratings of all teams are at record low numbers. Quite clearly this is because of the clowns at AFL headquarters changing the rules again so what we are seeing is bruise free circle work, higher scoring and endless blowouts. The AFL must think us fans are stupid and want to watch a game of netball. Bring back tough contested footy thanks !! It's clearly effecting our zone defence and post clearance ability to win the ball back and kill the opposition on turnover and surge footy that we are now famous for but I'm sure we will adapt as the season progresses.

According to AFL website Cotch is expected to be right to play against Port. Fingers crossed. So I'm thinking Ross definitely comes in for Meatball, Houli is hopefully right to come back. I would love to see a debutant, either Ralphsmith or Martyn. I think Egg, Aarts and possibly Caddy will be omitted, maybe Chol gets a game to help out Nank against Lycett and Ladhams. Just wish CCJ had been available this week instead of next week. I have total faith in Dimma and the match committee to make the right calls.

According to AFL website Cotch is expected to be right to play against Port. Fingers crossed. So I'm thinking Ross definitely comes in for Meatball, Houli is hopefully right to come back. I would love to see a debutant, either Ralphsmith or Martyn. I think Egg, Aarts and possibly Caddy will be omitted, maybe Chol gets a game to help out Nank against Lycett and Ladhams. Just wish CCJ had been available this week instead of next week. I have total faith in Dimma and the match committee to make the right calls.

I agree with all that but ok with Chol taking it, even if CCJ was available.

CCJ needs to really bloody earn a spot in the seniors after his stuff up. It cost the club $100k and people their jobs. If we bought him back in the first game back from the 10 game suspension, it would be pretty poor.

Chol deserves first crack - has had the right attitude all the way through. I think getting Chol and Eggs in early is a good move really. Let these 2 rookies take their chance or move them right to the back of the Q and allow some new blood their chances. They deserve first crack

Last edited:
Here’s the thing we are the hunted. We need to not only survive but keep killing. Hardwick and coaches need to step up I am calling for possibly 6 changes this week 3 of them forced. We need to adapt to this new game. We needs kids that can run and kick. It’s not so much a pressure game anymore. Must hit targets. Can rcd martyn Ralphsmith man sell etc hit targets? Egg can but he’s a squib. Belongs in the ocean. Caddy why did we keep him? What happened to baker? I reckon he can play forward or on the ball. Is it chols last chance give him 3 games. I reckon we beat them over there we are on our way.
Dunno if we've got enough Gatorade to cater for the post match tradition :D :thumbsu:

B: Astbury Balta Short
HB: Houli Grimes Baker
C: Bolton Ross Edwards
HF: Lambert Lynch Ralph Smith
F: Rioli Riewoldt Castagna
R: Nankerivs Martin Cotchin

INT: Broad, RCD, Graham, Caddy

In: Ross, RCD, Ralph Smith
Out: Aarts, Mac, Prestia

Would be good to see us stronger around the ball against PA and Ross and RCD will do that.
Cotch resting more forward, but without Prestia probably need his aggression in the middle.

Caddy could be sub?

Would like to see another young player like Dow come in, even W.Rioli if he went okay in the practice match.
Perhaps Miller comes in as ruck back soon. Ruck relief instead of Astbury or Balta. Can always go back or even forward if need be.
We have seen what Chol offers, why not see how Miller fits in.

Need some new faces to wipe out last week and get some new enthusiasm going. Young players always excite teams.

I never knew dimmas dick was so powerful that it can cause the retirements of multiple players 🤔 does dimma have secret SEXUAL powers hidden in his tip ?

Imagine the captain of your footy club at a presser "so cotch what was the kicker that caused you to retire?"
"Ah you know when dimma decided to poke his wand inside the staffer that kept me up at night, so I had to retire to keep stress free"

People these days, after our next loss it'll be kmac is finished because he loves carpentry too much
Ahh grasshopper , it only takes a pebble to start a landslide

there is a good chance we will see sudden unpredicted retirements from our group
they've climbed mountains
from the depths of 2016 to the peak and wave of emotion that was 2017
2018 to prove it wasn't a fluke and be minor premiers 2 games clear - that was a super effort despite no flag
2019 to be battling injury after injury , being widely written off and still make the finals , to be down at half time in the prelim and still win the comp
2020 to battle the injuries , covid , lose a final to the Lions , then be in a titan like battle with Port in the wet and win and to be down at half time in the granny and win

that's a lot of times they have proved and reproved themselves and if another injury comes along they may say , seriously , more rehab :-(
I've had enough and move into the next phase of their lives
many being family men now , many running business all bringing new fresh challenges

so lets not over analyse retirements or loss of passion for the game when it does come

In the mean time
hope the new guys in can have good games and
Go Tiges

Funny how there are a handful of posters you don’t hear from until either a loss or a controversy. Obvious trolling and no doubt have alternative accounts to which they support other clubs. Some of the reactions in this thread have been horrendous and belong on the set of Bold and the Beautiful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you get that we need to keep revolving our players and getting games into some of our young ones, into throwing everything out. You can't deny that our core side is getting older. 30 or older this season, Grimes, Edwards, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Astbury, Houli, Lambert. They have all been great players, but they need support with great young players coming through. Much rather see Ross and a few others get a crack than players who are not going to get any better, and I am not talking about the names above.
Mate if you read some of the comments here after a loss, talking about retirements and the ending of careers after only one loss you'd think it's the end of the world. That's my point

We are in our window still. So we don't have to play youngsters for the sake of it. We play players when they deserve it that's what we have done . If they are in good form or suit us play them. That's why we haven't played RCD all this time . That's the way it should be as we aren't rebuilding .That's the point

Few here need to keep there knickers on gez one loss all doom and gloom lol deal with it and the injuries like we did in previous years few kids come in few tweaks to game plan reset off we go end of story.Just like the media swans found formula to win against tigers please.

Im not going to argue with you anymore mate, you are a dope. What ive said makes sense. Nothing i have said suggest i believe he is mentally weak - all ive said is the failed marriages of those around him at the club would most likely play a role in his decision to play on. That is certainly not a sign of mental weakness, have no idea where you are pulling that angle from. If i am "Barrett", you are surely "Kane Cornes" . Someone here said he is contracted through to 2022 anyway, so the chances of him playing in my mind is much greater - he will likely play till the end of any current contract he is on.

My suggestion for the changes next week

Out: Cotchin, KMac, Prestia, Eggs

In: Ross. Houli, Rioli, Chol
Sub: Naish or RCD

One thing Dimma has proven multiple times in the past is he sticks with his top 25-28 players and rarely goes untried kids - unless injury crisis runs too deep.
Ross is an obvious in for Prestia/Cotchin. -
Houli obvious for Eggs -
Rioli will come back in and we will likely see Sheeds & Bolton play more through the middle.
Chol will be given a go as a back up for Toby with Ladhams & Lycett both playing
Lol me a dope , you're the one suggesting a divorce from a coach can cause the retirement of a player when cotchins relationship looks to be going pretty strong and they have a loving family who supports him.

Whatever causes him to retire it won't be due to dimmas dick you hypocrite

And yes it is mental weakness and idiocy who the hell looks around and sees people divorcing , panics and just presses the quit button 🤣 you do realize divorces are common right ? Affairs are common too. And here is the shock horror for you, affairs involving rich high profile people are even more common. That's just life. Individually like cotch if he's fine it doesn't have to matter to him at all because it isn't.

Imagine me telling my mates or something I quit my job because my boss divorced his wife. That's just plain stupid . And I would rightly be called stupid if I did that. The idea of it is stupid , and the fact you appear after one loss shows you're either a troll or you're some doomsday melter

Im not going to argue with you anymore mate, you are a dope. What ive said makes sense. Nothing i have said suggest i believe he is mentally weak - all ive said is the failed marriages of those around him at the club would most likely play a role in his decision to play on. That is certainly not a sign of mental weakness, have no idea where you are pulling that angle from. If i am "Barrett", you are surely "Kane Cornes" . Someone here said he is contracted through to 2022 anyway, so the chances of him playing in my mind is much greater - he will likely play till the end of any current contract he is on.

My suggestion for the changes next week

Out: Cotchin, KMac, Prestia, Eggs

In: Ross. Houli, Rioli, Chol
Sub: Naish or RCD

One thing Dimma has proven multiple times in the past is he sticks with his top 25-28 players and rarely goes untried kids - unless injury crisis runs too deep.
Ross is an obvious in for Prestia/Cotchin. -
Houli obvious for Eggs -
Rioli will come back in and we will likely see Sheeds & Bolton play more through the middle.
Chol will be given a go as a back up for Toby with Ladhams & Lycett both playing
Lol me a dope , you're the one suggesting a divorce from a coach can cause the retirement of a player when cotchins relationship looks to be going pretty strong and they have a loving family who supports him.

And yes it is mental weakness and idiocy who the hell looks around and sees people divorcing , panics and just presses the quit button 🤣 you do realize divorces are common right ? Affairs are common too. And here is the shock horror for you, affairs involving rich high profile people are even more common. That's just life. Individually like cotch if he's fine it doesn't have to matter to him at all because it isn't.

Imagine me telling my mates or something I quit my job because my boss divorced his wife. That's just plain stupid . And I would rightly be called stupid if I did that. The idea of it is stupid , and the fact you appear after one loss shows you're either a troll or you're some doomsday melter

Funny how there are a handful of posters you don’t hear from until either a loss or a controversy. Obvious trolling and no doubt have alternative accounts to which they support other clubs. Some of the reactions in this thread have been horrendous and belong on the set of Bold and the Beautiful
I'm personally a Days of our lives fan, but B.B is a sound choice.

Speculated some other nonsense though.

View attachment 1094099
View attachment 1094100

* me.A bloke with a high profile like Dimma
He’s already contracted for one more year.

View attachment 1094216
What a fraud.

Mate if you read some of the comments here after a loss, talking about retirements and the ending of careers after only one loss you'd think it's the end of the world. That's my point

We are in our window still. So we don't have to play youngsters for the sake of it. We play players when they deserve it that's what we have done . If they are in good form or suit us play them. That's why we haven't played RCD all this time . That's the way it should be as we aren't rebuilding .That's the point
I agree, we are easily in the window and do not count last weeks loss as anything more than a bit of a kick in the pants, we used to beat Hawthorn as well in their glory years. But I think that young players need be be played more regardless of form but more on potential. Players that have the potential should be given a go. RCD has been knocking on the door for ages, Hardwick mentioned him all last year. Ross should have been played way more than he has. Stack was given a go on potential, he had been in the club for how long?

Battlers/roll players like Aarts and even Caddy to a degree (due to speed not skill), are given a fair amount of leverage. People have been on about Rioli for a couple of years now. He should have been dropped not subbed, and he dished up not much again. I'm not a player basher, but I think we should rotate players, Ross and Stack were revelations in their first season, maybe RCD is the next one, his game might be suited better at AFL level, some are.

I agree with all that but ok with Chol taking it, even if CCJ was available.

CCJ needs to really bloody earn a spot in the seniors after his stuff up. It cost the club $100k and people their jobs. If we bought him back in the first game back from the 10 game suspension, it would be pretty poor.

Chol deserves first crack - has had the right attitude all the way through. I think getting Chol and Eggs in early is a good move really. Let these 2 rookies take their chance or move them right to the back of the Q and allow some new blood their chances. They deserve first crack
CCJ has done his 10 weeks incident free. if the club was still pissed at him he'd be delisted. not selecting him when available as punishment is madness.
I really don't think Chol is AFL standard. But we may need a ruck for a week I'd pick Ryan. Selecting Egg was madness.
Hopefully Cotch is fit.

Last edited:

You're starting to sound like a fart that followed through from Andrew Bolts underpants - ur unhinged.

Couldn't care less what you tell your imaginary mates about your imaginary boss about your imaginary wife. Its not an uncommon thing for a husband and wife to talk together about decisions they think are best for their family moving forward. Its called communication. If you have seen the pressure of the company and job you are working in, ruin the lives of people who you know are strong ethically -then families which you know are strong also - then only an idiot would not consider that as a possible danger to their family. Trying to turn this into some sort of masculine " big dick" thing is pathetic. You are beneath me champ, last time i am responding to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back