Richard Di Natale - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

You better believe that I am critical of the DISHONEST MEDIA!

I met Bob probably about a dozen times. He was one of the most important people in the country, and yet always seemed to be more interested in what I had to say rather than talking about himself. He was like that with everyone he met. He was the best listener of any politician I've known.

RDN on the other hand is a proselytiser. He pushes his views on others.

I've met Michaela Cash a couple of times too. She's actually really smart, which makes some of her policy decisions rather confusing. Bit of a narcissist too IMO.
Never met him but it is good to have confirmation of what I thought about him.

Re Cash, she may be smart and I can see the narcissism but more than anything it is her voice that just grates on me that I find annoying.

Having a rough voice seems to be an advantage for a female politician, presumably people find it more authentic. Gillard started dropping her Hs when she got onto the front bench.

Having a rough voice seems to be an advantage for a female politician, presumably people find it more authentic. Gillard started dropping her Hs when she got onto the front bench.
I wouldn't exactly call it 'rough' more nasal shrill.

Never met him but it is good to have confirmation of what I thought about him.

Re Cash, she may be smart and I can see the narcissism but more than anything it is her voice that just grates on me that I find annoying.
Apart from the voice. Apart from the annoying gesticulation. Apart from not having the capacity to shut-up. She's also not very smart.

Apart from the voice. Apart from the annoying gesticulation. Apart from not having the capacity to shut-up. She's also not very smart.
She is pretty sharp in Senate estimates. I understand not liking her, but I'd definitely regard her as one of the more intelligent politicians out there.

Think you're being a bit dismissive. It's probably the best measure of a politician's intelligence. Certainly better than QT or media performances.

I heard Di Natale complaining on the radio that Turnbull allegedly donated money to the libs campaign out of his own pocket. Isn't it a good thing when politicians self-fund, as it means they don't owe anyone favours? Or is it better that they receive large donations from 3rd parties, drug companies, unions etc.

I heard Di Natale complaining on the radio that Turnbull allegedly donated money to the libs campaign out of his own pocket. Isn't it a good thing when politicians self-fund, as it means they don't owe anyone favours? Or is it better that they receive large donations from 3rd parties, drug companies, unions etc.
Yeah I heard that on the news tonight. If true, I really don't have a problem with that.

My understanding was that he donated to the party not for his own seat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing the long game, the Xenophon party works well for any longer term party that is not Labor or Liberal.
Parties named after their leader never last beyond their leader's demise and when there is a sudden voter vacuum in SA as a result of Xenophon's inevitable retirement the Nats & Greens will smell an opportunity.
Xenophon is only 57 so another two terms which is 12 years likely, which is plenty of time to cement the party name.

The Fred Nile group is still going around and he is well off the scene.

Gillard was shocking. Look up some footage of her talking as a backbencher and compare it to her speaking as PM.

I imagine that in no small part it was due to her being part of the ALP. The rank and file won't think much of someone who speaks too well.

I just about topped myself during the "Haitch I Haitch" scandal. God that was painful. Anyone would think that there was a prohibition on people speaking correctly.

Gillard was shocking. Look up some footage of her talking as a backbencher and compare it to her speaking as PM.

I imagine that in no small part it was due to her being part of the ALP. The rank and file won't think much of someone who speaks too well.

I just about topped myself during the "Haitch I Haitch" scandal. God that was painful. Anyone would think that there was a prohibition on people speaking correctly.
You can take it elsewhere now I already admitted that I was off topic, perhaps you can do the same?

It was never about a comparison to the major parties, it is about a political movement that has no reasonable chance of having to be accountable for their policy failings - because they won't be in power to enact them in their entirity - being able to hold any policy they wish for that reason.

Pauline ran on a royal commission into Islam. That won't ever happen - got her votes.

It wont happen in those terms...ie 'A Royal Commission into Islam', but rephrase it a bit and something of that ilk could emerge.

e.g. A Senate inquiry into the security implications of Australia's immigration program with broad terms of reference. (Actually, that'd be worth the price of admission just to see Hanson & SHY matching 'wits'...It'd make kinder look like intellectual debate).

The tough bit would be getting the language just right...Enough to satisfy One Notion and their supporters, while still being benign enough not to cause too much outrage.

Last edited:

The Greens have been consistent on the policy that all donations to political parties be made publicly available, hence the confected outrage.

Apparently the attack in NICE was all Dicky Dee's fault......

well , according to that s**t-on-my-shoe TIM BLAIR.
Weak weak campaigner....
Bolta is on his own personal jihad as well, s**t sticks like that are the best recruiting tool extremists in this country have, they're just too thick to realise it.

Bolta is on his own personal jihad as well, s**t sticks like that are the best recruiting tool extremists in this country have, they're just too thick to realise it.

Funny ( it's not really ) that it's THEIR side of the spectrum ( far-Right reactionary unintelligent potatoes ) that are the ones pushing the MOAR WAR agenda.
Can these scumbags do ANYTHING other than point their fingers ??

People say " Oh why read it if it upsets you so much ??? "
I say " because if they don't get called out on their pathetic crap , they win "

Plus it keeps me sharp.

we are " THE LINE IN THE SAND "

Reckon he's playing the long game. They didn't get the results they wanted this time, but I reckon demographics are on his side. The next Vic redistribution could easily see another seat hived out of inner Melbourne if the gentrification continues, you'd think they'd be a monty to win it.

That being said, if they couldn't win Batman this time around after Feeney's cluster* of a campaign, I'm not sure what other chance they've got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back