Training Richmond Pre-season Training 2018

Who do you think will be the most improved player this pre-season?

• Nick Vlastuin

• Brandon Ellis

• Jayden Short

• Daniel Rioli

• Kane Lambert

• Ben Griffiths

• Sam Lloyd

• Shai Bolton

• Reece Conca

• Oleg Markov

• Corey Ellis

• Jack Graham

• Nathan Broad

• Callum Moore

• Connor Menadue

• Nathan Drummond

• Dan Butler

• Mabior Chol

• Ryan Garthwaite

• Tyson Stengle

• Jason Castagna

• Ivan Soldo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've never seen Trent so relaxed and willing to take the piss out of everything. Gives Kornes and Adelaide (the city) a clip too!
Will play his 200th in Chokeaide as well.

Menadue training with the backs in the latest video on the rfc website. Interesting.
Good option I reckon. Speed, tank and a nice leg. MIgt help him get more involved. Although I always thought he and Rioli could make and amazing Wing combo.

Cellis and Short on each wing perhaps id Menadue is training down back.
Bellis won't move from HB now I wouldn't think.

Bendigo
27972009_1580186618684282_985690424825354194_n.jpg

The bad stats: Where your club struggled in 2017

KEY STAT RESULT LEAGUE RANK
Kicking efficiency 62.8% #18
Uncontested marks 73.5 #17
Hit-out win rate 35.9% #18
SUMMARY
The Tigers would not have lost any sleep through the season about their 18th ranking for kicking efficiency. Controlling the ball and taking uncontested marks (17th) was not a focus of their new game style and these rankings are almost a badge of honour. The new plan under Hardwick was to move the ball quickly after a turnover and get the ball inside 50 any way possible. That's when the small forwards and pressing midfielders could get to work, either winning the ball or forcing forward-half turnovers and scoring. In a game of territory, the sideways and backward kicks that lead to uncontested marks and lift a team's kicking efficiency were gone. A requirement of the smaller line-up was the absence of a second ruckman for much of the season, with wingman Shaun Grigg nominating as the ruckman at some stoppages. That explains the Tigers' low ranking for hit-out win rate. - Nathan Schmook

So what Nathan is saying is that Richmond are bad at three key stats but who the F cares cause they won the friggin premiership anyhow!!!

Myth BUSTED!!!!

Last edited:

To improve this stat, we just need to get Grigger to jump. He might surprise himself from time to time. And our forward ruck, Rioli, could take a running leap. Perhaps Bolton or George could take over the role.
I'm sure Bolton, starting 5 m behind say Jacobs, stand on his shoulders Michael Mitchell style and win the tap.

Menadue training with the backs in the latest video on the rfc website. Interesting.

Well clearly he has to train down back cause the sprint on GF day is 100 meters.

Well clearly he has to train down back cause the sprint on GF day is 100 meters.

Was the best when he won that. Has a bit of a head wobble about himself but he is hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Menadewgong down back, has that line breaking pace that Houli or Ellis don’t really have. Will bring a different element to the backline

Good option I reckon. Speed, tank and a nice leg. MIgt help him get more involved. Although I always thought he and Rioli could make and amazing Wing combo.
I don't mind it either. Can't see how he'll break into the midfield any time soon. I suspect we're preparing him to play the same type of role as McIntosh. Start on half back and eventually move to the wing.

The bad stats: Where your club struggled in 2017

KEY STAT RESULT LEAGUE RANK
Kicking efficiency 62.8% #18
Uncontested marks 73.5 #17
SUMMARY
The Tigers would not have lost any sleep through the season about their 18th ranking for kicking efficiency. Controlling the ball and taking uncontested marks (17th) was not a focus of their new game style and these rankings are almost a badge of honour. The new plan under Hardwick was to move the ball quickly after a turnover and get the ball inside 50 any way possible. That's when the small forwards and pressing midfielders could get to work, either winning the ball or forcing forward-half turnovers and scoring. In a game of territory, the sideways and backward kicks that lead to uncontested marks and lift a team's kicking efficiency were gone. A requirement of the smaller line-up was the absence of a second ruckman for much of the season, with wingman Shaun Grigg nominating as the ruckman at some stoppages. That explains the Tigers' low ranking for hit-out win rate. - Nathan Schmook

So what Nathan is saying is that Richmond are bad at three key stats but who the F cares cause they won the friggin premiership anyhow!!!

Myth BUSTED!!!!
In a way these stats not important to the way we play, kicking eff % for example is hard to be great at when we kick long to contests. With us the good outweighs the bad.

I like Menadewgong down back, has that line breaking pace that Houli or Ellis don’t really have. Will bring a different element to the backline

Could be a sign we are looking for a long term Houli replacement, it's a good thing IMO

9 games last year wasn't a bad effort. He was very good at times. But struggled to have an impact for 4 qtrs.
I hope he is doing his preseason with Lambert. Change from sprinter to marathon runner

Last edited:
Could be a sign we are looking for a long term Houli replacement, it's a good thing IMO
Could be that as well as working on the defensive/accountability side of his game. I still reckon he’ll end up being a wingman but I reckon it could work in his favour having to learn the balance between attack and defense off the likes of ZRance Houli etc

I've never seen Trent so relaxed and willing to take the piss out of everything. Gives Kornes and Adelaide (the city) a clip too!

That’s what that show is about. Even Dusty is laid back on it

Couple of things about the Castagna presser.
Looks like he is being groomed to become more of a leader.
How’s the neck on the bloke?
I am getting sick of the “have you focused on not doing what the Bulldogs did?” “What are you doing to avoid a hangover like the Bulldogs?

Shut. Up.

Back