Game Day Richmond v Geelong, Preliminary Finals — Fri 20 Sep, 7:50PM AEST, MCG

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

credit to Hawkins for totally fresh airing Sam McClure and walking off as he was mid way through some inane question about his 'range of emotions' after the tribunal decision.

The best thing he's done in his entire career.

Richmond must win this week
UP THE MIGHTY TIGERS

Excuses? Your club perfected the concept.

Cats could only get a pathetic 51k to a semi final against last years Premiers, and they have tge temerity to accuse Richmond of denying them seats.

Round 12 v PF

In - Reiwoldt, Astbury, Lambert, Nankervis, Broad, Short and Bolton.

Out - Naish, Stack, Higgins, Garthwait, Butler, Townsend, McIntosh
3 premierships players plus Higgins and Stack out, so is the team stronger now or then?

3 premierships players plus Higgins and Stack out, so is the team stronger now or then?
Every one of those players was dropped, even Stack and Higgins’ last games for the year were in the VFL. Those two would probably have been back by now, but they’re far from the first choice players we were missing 3 months ago.

Higgins and Stack would be in the 22 most likely.
The others aren't in the best 22 at this point in time.

I think we are stronger due to the structural importance of Riewoldt, it opens up the forward line as it's harder to double team Lynch.

I'm sure every club would know. We've cut it to pieces already this year minus only Riewoldt of any significance and importance to your side imo.

We'll show you how to get the job done without stars like we did in round 21, 2017.

We certainly won't be using the injury or suspension excuse like you guys did this year.

Now before I go ... what will your excuse be this time around? Just so we're all pre-warned.

Butler out? Higgins out? Chol playing VFL? Weather? Umpires? The flu? Which one?

The media will be all over us. According to them it’ll be a choke if we lose, if we win it’ll be we still haven’t beaten anyone good.

Irrespective, Cats are s**t and are only in the finals by way of a home ground advantage no other vic team has. See how it works?

Tiges by 24. Selwood to duck and have his head split open by the 2nd quarter. Dangerfield and Ablett into the umpires from the 5 minute mark sooking. Lynch to kick 3.

Tigers back 6 will make it difficult for Geelong to score enough points IMO.

Midfield I'd say Geelong will win more a lot more clearances but around the ground our midfield will run harder.

Geelong back line will make scoring difficult but with our 2 talls and rotating smalls will eventually get on top.

Low scoring game but tiges to win 80 to 60.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You sound like bears supporter pumping up charlie cameron..! we all know how that ended
I don't think I mentioned Charlie Cameron once in my post but thank you for replying to me regardless.

I hope Richmond win comfortably, however, this game is probably 50/50.
Fortunately, the result won't be determined by what Big Footy nuffies reckon. :p
Form since the bye indicates a Richmond win but Geelong are more than capable at their best and did finish as minor premiers.
Got my tickets, just entered via "Cat Allocation" ;) and am hating the wait.

After reading these comments it seems the Tigers are as confident this week as they were leading into last year’s prelim........You beauty 😊😊

Would be one of the biggest upsets if the cats get up. AFL want tigers in the granny for the money so expect the frees to be going that way like west coast last week. If cats are close enough at 3 qrt time they are a big show, head says tigers by about 20
I expect to see you here post game after you’ve won the count by 10 bleating that ‘free kicks aren’t meant to be even’ and somehow trying to convince everyone you were screwed over

Would be one of the biggest upsets if the cats get up.
I dont see how that can be the case. You did finish up on top after all. Furthermore you beat us last time we met.

You are missing your AA full forward, we are missing AA full back.

Pretty even fight as far as I can tell.

So how do Geelong beat Richmond everyone wonders? Well it’s no surprise that Richmond are an elite side when rebounding and creating an impressive transition inside 50. Geelong could start by playing a defensive forward (Dahlhaus) on Nick Vlaustin who is averaging about 5 a game. Clearly Vlaustin is one mover that needs to be arrested to help Geelong prevent Richmond rolling away.

Bacher Houli is also ranked very high for uncontested possessions. What is he doing? Getting too much space? Reading the play all too well? If he can get that much of the ball clearly he is getting too dangerous, so whoever his direct opponent is probably needs to stay tighter to goal and keep him away from the flanks. I know it’s all about zoning these days, but it’s obvious he is linking up exceptionally.

Dion Prestia is also getting dangerous for Richmond. Lots of tackles, lots of contested touches. Between him and Martin the Cats have their work cut out. I think Geelong’s best bet is to not tag either but try and let Dangerfield get off the chain so Richmond have to worry about him. It may even be best to play Selwood as a defensive midfielder.

Hawkins absence will hurt Geelong, but Esava ranks high for contested marks so it’s a no brainer he plays close to goal. Stanley rucks all night.

In order for Geelong to win I think Rohan, Dahlhaus, Stewart and Stanley all need to be in the best. It might even be worth putting Taylor up forward to help Esava. Chris Scott will have to really strategically nut this one out.

I see comprehension is not one of your skills....it's ok. Thanks for reading my comment anyway.....
You said "You sound like a Brisbane supporter pumping up Charlie Cameron"

I didn't mention Charlie Cameron though - thanks for your reply but please stay on topic.

Back