Game Day Richmond vs Adelaide @ the M.C.G(iants Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s simple.
Mackay doesn’t continuously turn the ball over coming out of defensive 50, we win.
ROB gets his hand on it more in the centre bounce we win.
We keep being bold through the middle of the ground, we win.

If Richmond bring their best footy, which they might given season is close to on the line, then we'll need to play our absolute best for four quarters to get done by 5 goals. Delusional to think we can go with them if they're at their best.

My heart wants a one point win, my head wants a one point loss (#tankingforHorne).

We are down to only 13 sub-50 game players (AFL average for other teams this week less than 8, next highest North with 11). Not surprisingly we have struggled away from Adelaide Oval this year and a smacking is quite possible.

I am hoping we can stay with them for at least three quarters but a big loss is also possible.

Richmond still play their game off constant relentless pressure, not something we've ever dealth with well.

Just looking forward to see how all the youngsters go again. Result it immaterial but of course if it gets close that perspective goes out the window.

Contested ball is going to be interesting, we might be able to win that count for a change.

I only heard our game against melb on the radio. Managed to watch the video this week. A big factor that helped us win was some tactical hopelessness by melb. I couldve coached that melb team to win over us easily i reckon.

What I'm alluding to is that we looked better than we should've against them.

We werent terrible by any stretch either, we played very well and it was a good game by us, still probably our best for the year, but we shoulda lost it, but even if we did lose by a few, they're still the top side for a reason and just made the second team look pretty average.

I doubt Richmond would make the same tactical mistakes.

Should be a good acid test for us. I'm keen to see how we go. Come to within ten points or get over these guys away and I'll be very impressed, even if they've been a bit off the boil.

I expect Richmond to come out firing, they need this win.

If we play like we did last week we will push them.

For those wanting the pick for Horne that ship has sailed, Hawthorn Collingwood and North have bottom three stitched up. Hawks and Collingwood tanking, North just bad.

Apart from selection, there really is no way we can tank this year. Too many kids starting out their careers, don't want to start their career in a negative mindset.

Last year we tanked, got Tilthy. Cant really do that two years in a row and stifle our young guys early devopment. The "unfortunate" thing about our side in terms of wanting to get a better draft pick is that this group want to win. And are capable.

That culture and development is better than developing a lose mindset or learning bad habits among the kids.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

For those wanting the pick for Horne that ship has sailed, Hawthorn Collingwood and North have bottom three stitched up. Hawks and Collingwood tanking, North just bad.

Apart from selection, there really is no way we can tank this year. Too many kids starting out their careers, don't want to start their career in a negative mindset.

Last year we tanked, got Tilthy. Cant really do that two years in a row and stifle our young guys early devopment. The "unfortunate" thing about our side in terms of wanting to get a better draft pick is that this group want to win. And are capable.

That culture and development is better than developing a lose mindset among the kids.

Agree. We are actually in serious danger of winning 8 games this year. Only have to beat the bottom 3 and snag 1 other.

Looking forward to heading to Giants stadium for the game

Hopefully our team will being the heat against a side that needs the win to keep pushing for finals

Richmond will be hoping both Cotxhin and Prestia get theough today's game ad both players have struggled with soft tissue injuries all year, we will know later today whether their selection was a gamble or a rusk worth taking

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've gotta say, seeing a group of Adelaide supporters at Newtown station going to a Crows vs Tigers game at Giants Stadium is rather bizarre

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That culture and development is better than developing a lose mindset or learning bad habits among the kids.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalkh

We didn't tank, we were just s**t. We selected the side that we thought gave us the best chance of winning each week, no different to this year.

Agree with your post but I dont think we tanked last year. We were genuinely shithouse.

Agree. We are actually in serious danger of winning 8 games this year. Only have to beat the bottom 3 and snag 1 other.
Unless they bring back both Billy and Himmelberg and start playing DMac in the middle, we will end up around 12th.

Is it too early to predict the amazing run by the Tigers is coming to an end? There are some similarities with the final days of the two other great teams in the AFL* (Brisbane and Hawthorn). Brisbane won three flag and played in four Grand Finals in a row. Hawthorn did the same. Towards the end of their run they mixed some great performances with some pretty flat efforts. The Tigers looked Premiership favourites against the Bulldogs but pretty average against Melbourne and Geelong.

Logic says today is a must win match for the Tigers and a big win makes sense but often footballers don’t respond to logic. There were plenty of reasons to expect the Eagles to win last night but they looked disinterested.

*Geelong 2007-2011 also fit comfortably in this group of superteams but imho they looked more vulnerable at finals time.

Last edited:
Is it too early to predict the amazing run by the Tigers is coming to an end? There are some similarities with the final days of the two other great teams in the AFL* (Brisbane and Hawthorn). Brisbane won three flag and played in four Grand Finals in a row. Hawthorn did the same. Towards the end of their run they mixed some great performances with some pretty flat efforts. The Tigers looked Premiership favourites against the Bulldogs but pretty average against Melbourne and Geelong.

Logic says today is a must win match for the Tigers and a big win makes sense but often footballers don’t respond to logic. There were plenty of reasons to expect the Eagles to win last night but they looked disinterested.

*Geelong 2007-2011 also fit comfortably in this group of superteams but imho they looked more vulnerable at finals time.
Whether they are a contender at the pointy end of this season is debatable. Today should be a good litmus test though. They'll have most of their best 22 available. I don't expect them to come out looking disinterested, quite the opposite.

If Richmond bring their best footy, which they might given season is close to on the line, then we'll need to play our absolute best for four quarters to get done by 5 goals. Delusional to think we can go with them if they're at their best.
Well I must be delusional.
If we play at our best AND get the bounce of the ball anything can happen?

Whether they are a contender at the pointy end of this season is debatable. Today should be a good litmus test though. They'll have most of their best 22 available. I don't expect them to come out looking disinterested, quite the opposite.

Can't see them finishing top 4 now but if they can their best team or very close to on the park by season end I still think they would be a chance to win it all, especially since away finals vs Melb, WB, Geel would effectively be home finals for them.

Cold and windy here today. And a bloody long drive to the west. Good news is easy parking and no queues for pies. Go Crows. Looking forward to seeing TT in the flesh. Last time here I reckon was Ten Goal Tommy!!!

Great.... windy is like kryptonite to any crows team

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back