Rumour Rioli won the lottery

Remove this Banner Ad

Work is actually a reason to get up in the morning - it gives us meaning. It's hard to rewire yourself totally to have no purpose in life - get up, do whatever you want. as much as we all complain about work, how many of us have been on a long(ish) holiday and actually been ready to get back into something more structured?

It's why I can't handle these MLM isagenix financial freedom pushers. * having nothing to do for the next 30 years. You can only travel so much, and it feels much better when its earned

Work is actually a reason to get up in the morning - it gives us meaning. It's hard to rewire yourself totally to have no purpose in life - get up, do whatever you want. as much as we all complain about work, how many of us have been on a long(ish) holiday and actually been ready to get back into something more structured?

It's why I can't handle these MLM isagenix financial freedom pushers. **** having nothing to do for the next 30 years. You can only travel so much, and it feels much better when its earned

I get your point, but I'd be happy to travel for the rest of my life and just help out here and there with people who need aid.

I'm in the anti-Isagenix-cult boat with you though!

It's why I can't handle these MLM isagenix financial freedom pushers. **** having nothing to do for the next 30 years. You can only travel so much, and it feels much better when its earned
If I found myself in a position where I'd have enough money to never work again, I'd be able to find enough hobbies, passions and other things that I could fill my time with rather than holding down an actual job. Everyone is different though.

Rioli didn't win the lottery and nor did Gilham.

This is correct

Gilham did have a huge win one day during the spring carnival.

Last edited:
If I found myself in a position where I'd have enough money to never work again, I'd be able to find enough hobbies, passions and other things that I could fill my time with rather than holding down an actual job. Everyone is different though.

That's the dream for me. I've already got the hobbies, passions and interests sorted. Just not enough time and cash to indulge them.

People who go back to work after winning the lotto shouldn't deserve it.

It's different if you're a doctor or something though – you basically have a rare skill and your work has a positive effect for lots of people. Or if you're a rockstar you're not going to stop making albums. But if you're filing papers or landscaping, surely even people who intend to go back to work would see the alarm go off or put up with a s**t customer and go '* this' and chuck it in that day.

People who go back to work after winning the lotto shouldn't deserve it.

It's different if you're a doctor or something though – you basically have a rare skill and your work has a positive effect for lots of people. Or if you're a rockstar you're not going to stop making albums. But if you're filing papers or landscaping, surely even people who intend to go back to work would see the alarm go off or put up with a s**t customer and go '**** this' and chuck it in that day.

Why? Maybe they enjoy their work? I'd probably still go to work if I won lotto. I might re-skill down the track and do a uni degree to enhance my career prospects however. I remember about 16 years ago in my late teens I sat around on the dole for 3 years. FMD that was the most boring time of my entire life. People need something to work towards to feel a sense of achievement, it's why a high number of men die within the first 5 years of retirement. There's only so many games of golf you can play a week before it becomes mundane to go along with the fact you've been working for 50 years and suddenly you're told you're no longer required.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back