Game Day Rnd 23 Adelaide vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

The goal umpire had the best view but the ball moves so quickly in real time and with players jumping all around it looks like his view was blocked. But there is absolutely no way it hit the padding. There was still over a minute to play so even if it was a goal there is no guarantee we would have won. It ******* sucks and that has been the story of the season, but the result must stand. I've followed this team since the start and I know exactly what it feels like and it's hard to recover from a result unless the players use it for motivation like this but to be honest we have ourselves to blame for bad goalkicking in games throughout the season. We'll either improve or go down to the lower reaches in 2024, it depends on many factors. But 12th or 13th in 2023.

They could however change the call, take the players back out and restart the game with a centre bounce with a minute to go but the Swans could still win it after the siren because these are the hardest games to win.

Couldn't care less if we lose to the Eagles next week.
The goal umpire didn't have the best view to see whether the ball cleared the padding, he needed to be on a side angle to determine this so should have requested a goal review, call the umpire-call a behind and ask to check the side angle to see if the ball cleared the padding.

The goal umpire didn't have the best view to see whether the ball cleared the padding, he needed to be on a side angle to determine this so should have requested a goal review, call the umpire-call a behind and ask to check the side angle to see if the ball cleared the padding.
Umpire should never umpire again. A disgrace to umpiring. He also should have his sportsbetting accounts looked at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aren't you guys worried about the handling of shane mcadam, I mean clearly got a big knock his eyes rolled back into his head.

The ARC should have looked at it, within 30 seconds they could see it was a goal.

Get on the blower:
  • Umps blow the whistle to stop the game.
  • Communicate to the captains what happened.
  • Put whatever time was left back on the clock.
  • Restart the game at the centre bounce as normal after a goal.

So easy for a competently run competition to function.

What if his narrative is that Nicks isn't a very good coach?

You must admit there is a fair amount of evidence piling up to support this conclusion.
I have very little issue with his coaching. Some of his selections,,,

Well, that’s another story

Remove this Banner Ad

Back