• Trent Cotchin

Votes: 62 27.3%
  • Hugo Ralphsmith

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heā€™s been back for two weeks now. I thought he was slightly better than Banks , but Iā€™m clutching at straws. Two weeks back so Iā€™m watching him progress as the season unfolds.
Bit rough on Banks. Clearly in our best 2-3 for me and played a heap better then Brown. Youā€™re right in saying Banksā€™s still needs to work on his inside game but heā€™s all class with ball in hand. Brown who cops it on this forum will continue to improve and may even pinch a game or 2 in the seniors by the end of the year.

Bit rough on Banks. Clearly in our best 2-3 for me and played a heap better then Brown. Youā€™re right in saying Banksā€™s still needs to work on his inside game but heā€™s all class with ball in hand. Brown who cops it on this forum will continue to improve and may even pinch a game or 2 in the seniors by the end of the year.
I didnā€™t like Banks disposal in the last quarter and a half of the game when the screws came on. Very dodgy for my liking.
ATM theyā€™re below Tivendale standard, but I would still like to see them in two seasons time. I think with a decent fitness crew coming in and more games under their belts they could improve to be HBF or Wingmen, but theyā€™re way off atm.
FWIW our best players were Street Miller Brimley Green Trezise Hicks and the rest you could put their numbers in a barrel and it wouldnā€™t matter who you drew out. Except Bauer Biggy and Bradtke were bottom three. Banks was way off the mark for me in really a lacklustre performance by the boys.
im intrigued to read what Morro says about them.

Freo coming off 3 solid wins, away and with some really questionable umpiring is a amazing win no matter what way to try dampen it
Especially how we won as well with Freo having a lot of momentum in the last qtr and instead of our players going into their shells they rallied and had guys like Bolton really stand up who can tend to be a bit of a downhill skier at times

I am not trying to dampen it, I am just saying a few moves and improvements makes a diff

Been really impressed with the last couple of weeks, plenty of heart shown and its starting to look like a lot of those mental hurdles that had been blocking our success are starting to clear away. Mini has done a good job at picking up a system already in place and making some slight adjustments to it, while providing a much needed new voice - all while backing the kids in more. The impressive thing in our wins has been seeing the kids playing a bigger role in it. Clarke ability to impact a game has gone up a level, Ross has thrived getting solid game time in a more prominent role. Ryan has also taken a notable leap. Our "leaders" at the youth age Balta & Bolton have both gone straight back to their top end output. People will argue the guys didn't "need a new voice", but i think the kids definitely did.

Thew news since regarding Marlion, Mansell & Houli has been somewhat deflating. Mansell possibly getting 4 weeks for that bump is so destructive to his career. Honestly, rubbing him out for a month at this point of his career ( just starting to cement a senior spot) could actually get him cut. Its an incredibly unfair suspension for a play that was for the ball & the other player did far less to help themselves from injury by the way THEY decided to attack the ball, than Mansell was liable for "Excessive Accidental Contact)". You cant be suspending people for 20% of the season for something you classify as "An Accident". Its crazy

The Marlion stuff is so weird i dont want to comment on it, other than its really sad. Whatever has/is happening, is just really sad. It's just another weird & "WTF is going on down at Richmond" moment to add to the plethora since Dec 2019 when Rance retired. I dare say this one has far more to do with his own inner demons and history/relationships, but there is no escaping it has happened while he was in their system. Its just a sad situation & another distraction for the team just as they were starting to find some peace again.

I hope Houli is recovering well. No player surpasses the impact this guy had on creating the culture which gave us the strength to win 3 flags, a few matched his output, but none surpassed it. He is an amazing person, hope he is back on his feet soon & his injuries do not affect his comfort longterm. If he does suffer from chronic pain as a result of these or any other sports related previous injuries though and needs a good hook up for some med-weed ailments, Dimma knows a guy
Well written, regards and all the best to Bachar.

How many frees this week?
Will the AFL race in known serial offenders again?
Is the htb rule removed from the Richmond rulebook?

These perplexing questions will be answered this week.

HTB was a strength of our club because of our tackling.
Surprise,surprise,surprise that rule is now gone and itā€™s obvious why.

For the media to be silent on this issue,almost makes you think theyā€™re in on it too.

I thought the umpiring was quite good until a few weeks ago when Richmond showed signs of a comeback and thatā€™s when the rorting started up again.

They know they can kill off Richmondā€™s season this week with another corrupt performance.

That will be too much for them to resist I fear.

But this Tiger team has no fear,a fighting tenacious Tiger win against Freo,our best win of the year ,two wins against teams who played their leggies off and umps who rode both teams.

Last edited:
I didnā€™t like Banks disposal in the last quarter and a half of the game when the screws came on. Very dodgy for my liking.
ATM theyā€™re below Tivendale standard, but I would still like to see them in two seasons time. I think with a decent fitness crew coming in and more games under their belts they could improve to be HBF or Wingmen, but theyā€™re way off atm.
FWIW our best players were Street Miller Brimley Green Trezise Hicks and the rest you could put their numbers in a barrel and it wouldnā€™t matter who you drew out. Except Bauer Biggy and Bradtke were bottom three. Banks was way off the mark for me in really a lacklustre performance by the boys.
im intrigued to read what Morro says about them.
Itā€™s interesting you donā€™t rate Banks disposal but you have Street as our best. Absolutely butchers it week in week out and this game was no different. Banks disposal was in another stratosphere then Street.
Anyhow we can agree to disagree on the Banks topic, but 100% youā€™re on the money with the bottom 3. Biggy has really missed an opportunity for senior selection with a couple of players likely to miss.

Itā€™s interesting you donā€™t rate Banks disposal but you have Street as our best. Absolutely butchers it week in week out and this game was no different. Banks disposal was in another stratosphere then Street.
Anyhow we can agree to disagree on the Banks topic, but 100% youā€™re on the money with the bottom 3. Biggy has really missed an opportunity for senior selection with a couple of players likely to miss.
Didnā€™t watch the game but just commenting on the comparison between Street and Banks

Street is an inside mid first and foremost and Banks is an outside winger so roles and expectations are completely different so not exactly a just comparison

Street plays as a BBMF and is in every physical contest where Banks sits on the outside for an easy ball. You're comparing Rocky to Mundine in terms of roles played. Teal was a massive out as he can read the ball coming towards him and already has an exit plan for release to link with Banks, Trezise and Brown. We really missed his class on Sunday. I rate Teal higher currently than Banks and Brown and how he's not on an AFL list still puzzles me.

For the media to be silent on this issue,almost makes you think theyā€™re in on it too.

I thought the umpiring was quite good until a few weeks ago when Richmond showed signs of a comeback and thatā€™s when the rorting started up again.

They know they can kill off Richmondā€™s season this week with another corrupt performance.

But this Tiger team has no fear,a fighting tenacious Tiger win against Freo,our best win of the year ,two wins against teams who played their leggies off and umps who rode both teams.
Only positive thing I can say about the umpiring on Saturday was that the HTB rule wasn't paid for both sides. But Freo got all the other frees and even the 50/50 ones. We got nothing.

Only positive thing I can say about the umpiring on Saturday was that the HTB rule wasn't paid for both sides. But Freo got all the other frees and even the 50/50 ones. We got nothing.
Agree didnā€™t mind how they applied holding the ball but also they tended to be late on the whistle in a lot of contests even if they are calling a normal stoppage for ball up

The most frustrating one was at one stage Graham had a Freo player and spun him for a good 5 seconds (should of been holding the ball) but even if it wasnā€™t the ump should of blown the whistle earlier to reset the play since the ball had no chance of coming out but because he didnā€™t after the spin Graham brought the player to ground that resulted in a ā€œdangerous tackleā€

So a free that should of been for Graham was given to his opponent purely because the umpire didnā€™t blow the whistle earlier

k31th my main man might be able to provide a gif for the particular incident I think it was in the 4th qtr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apo
Didnā€™t watch the game but just commenting on the comparison between Street and Banks

Street is an inside mid first and foremost and Banks is an outside winger so roles and expectations are completely different so not exactly a just comparison
Apologies should have expanded my reasoning. My point was that I donā€™t believe Street was our best. Got smashed on the inside (his strength) by Gribble, Brew and Mannagh. And when he did have space he butchered it. The Werribee boys used it beautifully. The only one in my opinion who used the ball well and looked remotely dangerous was Banks. Old mate disagrees and thatā€™s cool. If you get a chance to watch please do. Would love to know what you thought of Banks game. I think heā€™s building nicely!

This is the real test this week, isn't it.

Vic teams often struggle the week after going to Perth.

So many variables ATM.

Too hard to know how the occasion of Trent's AFL Life Membership, then the the external concerns with Houli and Pickett, will play out.

What I do know is it will be a big win for the club if we get it, and personally would love for that campaigner Higgins never to get a win against us, like ever lol

Last edited:
Apo

Apologies should have expanded my reasoning. My point was that I donā€™t believe Street was our best. Got smashed on the inside (his strength) by Gribble, Brew and Mannagh. And when he did have space he butchered it. The Werribee boys used it beautifully. The only one in my opinion who used the ball well and looked remotely dangerous was Banks. Old mate disagrees and thatā€™s cool. If you get a chance to watch please do. Would love to know what you thought of Banks game. I think heā€™s building nicely!
All good mate donā€™t apologise!

I have the day off work so I might try and find the reply
I really rate banks and also think he has a future for us especially with Kmac and Pickett at the tail end of their respective careers hopefully we see him get a call up soon

Street plays as a BBMF and is in every physical contest where Banks sits on the outside for an easy ball. You're comparing Rocky to Mundine in terms of roles played. Teal was a massive out as he can read the ball coming towards him and already has an exit plan for release to link with Banks, Trezise and Brown. We really missed his class on Sunday. I rate Teal higher currently than Banks and Brown and how he's not on an AFL list still puzzles me.
My bad, should have expanded my thoughts. asoning. My point was that I donā€™t believe Street was our best as you suggested earlier. Got smashed on the inside (his strength) by Gribble, Brew and Mannagh. And when he did have space he butchered it. The Werribee boys used it beautifully. The only one in my opinion who used the ball well and looked remotely dangerous was Banks. You say he gets the easy ball but gut running to get possessions is anything but easy. You might want to watch Steve Morrisā€™ interview as he was very complimentary about him. Agree with your Teal comment. Heā€™s easily in our VFLā€™s best team and definitely should be on a list!

My bad, should have expanded my thoughts. asoning. My point was that I donā€™t believe Street was our best as you suggested earlier. Got smashed on the inside (his strength) by Gribble, Brew and Mannagh. And when he did have space he butchered it. The Werribee boys used it beautifully. The only one in my opinion who used the ball well and looked remotely dangerous was Banks. You say he gets the easy ball but gut running to get possessions is anything but easy. You might want to watch Steve Morrisā€™ interview as he was very complimentary about him. Agree with your Teal comment. Heā€™s easily in our VFLā€™s best team and definitely should be on a list!
We'll disagree on that mate as he sadly was our only consistent MF all day.

All good mate. Thatā€™s the beauty of footy, we all see it differently. If Mansell and Pickett are out who do you think comes in? Iā€™m a bit torn to be honest. Not a heap of options!
Really hard as you say after Sunday's VFL performance.

OUTS: Young, Mansell , Pickett based on your assumption the last two are out

INS: Miller, HRS goes in from sub, Cumberland if fit, Green-sub

The sub is a massive raffle, but i'm going for speed in Green. I'M really bereft of confidence on really who deserves a game after that performance.

What did you come up with?

Really hard as you say after Sunday's VFL performance.

OUTS: Young, Mansell , Pickett based on your assumption the last two are out

INS: Miller, HRS goes in from sub, Cumberland if fit, Green-sub

The sub is a massive raffle, but i'm going for speed in Green. I'M really bereft of confidence on really who deserves a game after that performance.

What did you come up with?
Yeah I think youā€™re on the money here. Im really hoping Cumberland is fit otherwise we might have to take a punt on a crumbing forward. Rioli clearly not ready yet, and Coulthard needs a few more games to learn our game plan. So I think Green is a big chance. Heā€™s looked decent in the 2ā€™s although a bit wasteful in front of goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back