• Trent Cotchin

Votes: 62 27.3%
  • Hugo Ralphsmith

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young had been travelling ok pre his injury - and wouldn't mind some insurance against King picking us up and throwing us aside - Miller Time again to this end for mine ....

Young had been travelling ok pre his injury - and wouldn't mind some insurance against King picking us up and throwing us aside - Miller Time again to this end for mine ....

Yep, id rather Miller than Young who is too slow, Jye Amiss tore him a new one. 1 disposal in 3+ qtrs doesn't cut it. Other than spoiling, he provides no offensive run and doesn't show enough desperation for my liking.

SleepingGiant You told us the umpire reamings were over. What happened?
They are considerably better than previous years and last week was a good example of that. Ultimately a Perth home game is always the most biased umpiring from my experience where the crowd influences the decisions. We are much better off this year and now Hardwick is gone our coaching is already better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our only 2 pressure forwards out.

Try Couly and Green or maybe Hugo can play forward.

We have nothing else and that forward line needs speed as we now have none

Green look alright 2 weeks ago but then was average like most of the team on the weekend.

Coulthard needs to be more consistent across a full game. Shows glimpses but think he needs more time at VFL level.

Banks and Trezise for me and maybe Ralphsmith if we go smaller.

Dropping Young would be correct as doesn’t have the speed with the ball in hand and decision making developed yet which is critical.

Green look alright 2 weeks ago but then was average like most of the team on the weekend.

Coulthard needs to be more consistent across a full game. Shows glimpses but think he needs more time at VFL level.

Banks and Trezise for me and maybe Ralphsmith if we go smaller.

Dropping Young would be correct as doesn’t have the speed with the ball in hand and decision making developed yet which is critical.
Yep banks or nipper , Hugo comes up after being sub ,,,mrj a possibility

Outs: Pickett (not playing as stated by Gale, will return after the bye against the Lions), Young hopefully out also, and Mansell wait and see tonight at 5.30pm tribunal
In: Miller, Ralphsmith, Bank
Sub: Cotchin? Melt

Bigoa should replace Pickett in forward line, kills it as third tall, against GWS. Can't believe they haven't worked out not a key forward.

Steely Green (8 shots on goal from crumbs last two matches) but probably Rioli Jnr

Sub: Should be Coulthard, probably be Dow

Last edited:
Agree didn’t mind how they applied holding the ball but also they tended to be late on the whistle in a lot of contests even if they are calling a normal stoppage for ball up

The most frustrating one was at one stage Graham had a Freo player and spun him for a good 5 seconds (should of been holding the ball) but even if it wasn’t the ump should of blown the whistle earlier to reset the play since the ball had no chance of coming out but because he didn’t after the spin Graham brought the player to ground that resulted in a “dangerous tackle”

So a free that should of been for Graham was given to his opponent purely because the umpire didn’t blow the whistle earlier

k31th my main man might be able to provide a gif for the particular incident I think it was in the 4th qtr
JGTI tackled Johnson here... wrapped the ball to his tummy and spun him around once and then a second spin which brought him to ground; I slowed it down frame-by-frame and his hair hit the turf but his head didn't, luckily for JGTI otherwise he might have copped a suspension the way things are going at the moment...

Last edited:
Players are now flopping and exaggerating their movements in a tackle to try and draw a free kick. It's similar to when players drive headfirst into contests now for the same reason. I really do feel that, more than ever before, umpires need to award free kicks against stagers to send a message to all players and avoid serious injuries created from these actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back