• Trent Cotchin

Votes: 62 27.3%
  • Hugo Ralphsmith

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young had been travelling ok pre his injury - and wouldn't mind some insurance against King picking us up and throwing us aside - Miller Time again to this end for mine ....
OMG the amount of crap this guy gets is unreal. He holds his own still learning efforts are astounding for his experience the amount of times I have seen him leave his man and be third man up punching away and doing all the other things. Vlaustin game was 100% best game I have seen him play but other times he plays good but gives away 2 or 3 goals does that make him crap? Speaks volumes that they pick him ahead of higher rated super picks that are really crap.

Yep, id rather Miller than Young who is too slow, Jye Amiss tore him a new one. 1 disposal in 3+ qtrs doesn't cut it. Other than spoiling, he provides no offensive run and doesn't show enough desperation for my liking.
I have a feeling Amiss has been tearing up a few elite defenders lately let alone a first timer.

Our only 2 pressure forwards out.

Try Couly and Green or maybe Hugo can play forward.

We have nothing else and that forward line needs speed as we now have none
It's time to unleash the Butler and Higgins ohh wait never mind lol

I have a feeling Amiss has been tearing up a few elite defenders lately let alone a first timer.

It's not only that, it's his lack of pace, lack of desperation, provides no offensive run. Can't just have a spoiler. Yes, he has only played 9 games but he's almost 25 years old. We all want our players to make it but as I said I don't feel he has enough tricks in his kit bag.

young.jpg

In:
Banks, Rioli Jr

Banks can be sub and Ralphsmith gets a full game
I hate debuts as sub, it's hard enough for a veteran to come on and have an impact as sub most of the time let alone a kid. Banks was the only tiger to get coaches votes in the VFL this week. He should come in and play on a wing and move Ross to half forward for Pickett.

I hate debuts as sub, it's hard enough for a veteran to come on and have an impact as sub most of the time let alone a kid. Banks was the only tiger to get coaches votes in the VFL this week. He should come in and play on a wing and move Ross to half forward for Pickett.
Ross has earned his post on the wing and is playing very good footy, cant move him.

Ross has earned his post on the wing and is playing very good footy, cant move him.
So had Pickett before him. Ross is a good mark and set shot. Now that he seems to have the confidence and self-belief I reckon he'll be capable of playing almost anywhere effectively. Mini has shown he doesn't mind moving the magnets around.

So had Pickett before him. Ross is a good mark and set shot. Now that he seems to have the confidence and self-belief I reckon he'll be capable of playing almost anywhere effectively. Mini has shown he doesn't mind moving the magnets around.
Mate Ross has been playing well for 5 minutes, moving him now could ruin that. Pickett had a few years of playing well, not the same.

Difficult this week given not many apart from Banks really put their hand up for selection in the VFL. Based on that I think it is a relatively easy case of going:
Out: Pickett, Mansell
In: Banks, Ralphsmith

Gives us a lineup of:
F: Baker, Riewoldt, Martin
HF: Clarke, Ryan, Graham
W: McIntosh, Taranto, Ross
HB: Rioli, Vlastuin, Broad
B: Young, Balta, Grimes
Fol: Nank, Bolton, Prestia
I: Cotchin, Ralphsmith, Short, Banks

Forward mix has plenty of pressure with Graham and Baker up there.

Can rotate Hugo onto a HFF or Wing to relieve Graham and Ross/McIntosh, with Banks relieving either on the HBF or Wing in rotations.

Not sure on sub. Either Sonsie if they want another runner or make the call on Nyuon if they think that the Saints height might get hold of our backline.

We could do something left field this week and shift D Rioli back forward for a few weeks given the wealth of blokes that can play on the HBF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did you hear it's ticketed?
The way the CFL runs now days with the Ticketed games for blockbuster home games,I was paranoid,this being Cotchin's 300th,the CFL would try to milk something from us.

Coaches report is up -

Going off the report Banks almost a certainty you'd hope. MRJ and Sonsie the only others who sounds like a chance.
Load up at half back and rotate shorty and baker forward?

Players are now flopping and exaggerating their movements in a tackle to try and draw a free kick. It's similar to when players drive headfirst into contests now for the same reason.
Some dick did this on the weekend. Two arms free, didn't use them, guided his own nut into the deck.

Gutless cheats. Suspend them and the Team head coach as well for 6 weeks. Fine them 20% of their total years income. Donate the money to brain injury research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back