• J. Clarke (sub)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S. Banks

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • J. Ross

Votes: 91 63.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Miller, Treszie and Brown all more than held their own, which was great to see all 3 play again next week!

For all the flack he cops, MRJ was missed today. Multiple times Port walked out of our D50 and set up a score, especially in the 2nd half. He would have helped with that.

Clear the boys are still learning the system, you can see when it breaks down and the opposition look like they are just training. To be expected 3 games into a new coach and game plan.

If you add Hopper, Gibcus, Broad and the earlier mentioned MRJ I think we run them a lot closer. Still the boys fought hard and it’s all you can ask for is effort, we have had that so far bar the 1st half vs the Suns.

Special mention to Campbell, he was very good, very composed with ball in hand. Definitely a player there. Also liked Ross and Mansell’s games.

Enough positives to build on, ultimately Port were just a little too good and when they put the foot down we just couldn’t quite match it with them.

What on earth were some of you expecting?

Our 5 collective ins this week had like 35 games of experience between them.

We had a change minutes before the game, we're missing half our key defenders, our best midfielder this year is out injured, we have a coach in his 3rd AFL game and we were absolutely crucified again by the umpires.

Last week we nearly snatch a win with half a bench for a half and no key defenders.

All things considered Yze has got a lot out of them in the circumstances.

People need to read we are not a finals side this year. It's about rebuilding now.
What worries me is that our starting base for our rebuild appears to be very low.

Unfortunately it's what we do we when we can't string possession chains together due to poor skills, running the wrong lines and later in the game when we run out of legs to provide other options.

Sadly it's the Richmond we all recognise pre 2017. As others have said it's clearly a rebuild situation now and focus has to be on exposing the kids to the elite level where fadeouts, clangers and score blowouts are going to be the order of the day.

As a general comment, Yze needs time to stamp his authority and for players to understand and execute the game plan. It's a bit too early for some on here to be making judgement on a new coach who has inherited a declining list which has untried younger players who for the most part have been recruited deep in the draft with no real pedigree in addition to having minimal exposure at the highest level.

I don't think anyone would envy Yze's challenge especially for a first time senior coach. Hopefully we hit the draft hard this year and with a bit of luck nab some generational talent and look to slowly build towards our next period of success.

Unfortunately in the meantime supporters are going to experience some frustration at times so we just have to try and visualise the bigger picture which without any doubt is going to be difficult for all of us.
Good post. 👍

In: Young, Broad, Mcauliffe, Sonsie, Clarke
Out: Dow, Lefau, McIntosh, Banks,

MRJ to play on ball in 2s

B: Broad Young Brown
HB: Vlastuin Miller Short
C: Rioli Taranto Ross
HF: Campbell Balta Bolton
F: Mansall Lynch Martin
Foll: Nankervis Mcauliffe Baker
Int: Sonsie Tresize Clarke Grimes
Sub: Pickett

It's sad to watch Richmond these days.
We used to play a manic style of football that was exciting to watch. We'd pen teams into their back half for ages.

Now we waltz around like it's a sunday stroll and couldn't give a *. The club needs to wake up call. Shithose from top to bottom.
Gale - great for what the did but he's has absolutely dropped the farkn ball
naaaaah. effort was good. tackling now is different, you can't hunt the ball carrier now coz they will duck and get a free or they will refuse to release the ball, causing a ball up. it's a fact that Hocking and Gill changed the rules to try and make us less dominant.

Unfortunately it's what we do we when we can't string possession chains together due to poor skills, running the wrong lines and later in the game when we run out of legs to provide other options.

Sadly it's the Richmond we all recognise pre 2017. As others have said it's clearly a rebuild situation now and focus has to be on exposing the kids to the elite level where fadeouts, clangers and score blowouts are going to be the order of the day.

As a general comment, Yze needs time to stamp his authority and for players to understand and execute the game plan. It's a bit too early for some on here to be making judgement on a new coach who has inherited a declining list which has untried younger players who for the most part have been recruited deep in the draft with no real pedigree in addition to having minimal exposure at the highest level.

I don't think anyone would envy Yze's challenge especially for a first time senior coach. Hopefully we hit the draft hard this year and with a bit of luck nab some generational talent and look to slowly build towards our next period of success.

Unfortunately in the meantime supporters are going to experience some frustration at times so we just have to try and visualise the bigger picture which without any doubt is going to be difficult for all of us.
I do wonder what he said about our list in the interview. Did he say we still had enough to challenge? or we'll need a mini- rebuild. Alarms bells from me unfortunately as I think he had confidence in the old stagers.

Kmac , Pickett and Grimes are taking us nowhere and need to be dropped
Taranto jogs around and often looks disinterested.
Dow and Banks were horrible.
Mansell had a very good first half, but outclassed once the pressure increased.
Trezise good with Brown and deserve a second crack.
Miller excellent considering the amount of uncontested ball that went easily into their FL.
Short is a s**t kicker. Nakkers is still very good, but still a goose and clumsy .
I’m sick of Clarke coming on as a sub when the game is shot. Yze reacted too late bringing him on and once they got two early goals in the third he should’ve come on. I would’ve had him on earlier for Dow , but s**t happens.
Lynch still not 100% and LeFau meh.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps out for lack of intent and effort plus turning the ball over
haven't got the stats in my back pocket but you will find that port were laconic at times as well and turned the ball over just as much as us, they were gifted a couple of goals and got a couple of arsy ones as well. if we gave away 3 or 4 soft 50s which we did they should have as well but they didn't.

naaaaah. effort was good. tackling now is different, you can't hunt the ball carrier now coz they will duck and get a free or they will refuse to release the ball, causing a ball up. it's a fact that Hocking and Gill changed the rules to try and make us less dominant.
I don't understand why we don't ping an arm in the tackle like most teams. Woeful execution and probably coaching

Back