Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 29 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any see how it matters? Being a football forum if people want discuss and use a thread why close it? It’s important to those people and is no skin off anyone else’s nose. I’m with bazzar on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Game day threads have always been closed right after the game. Never seen anyone complain about it before, why now?

IMO I like Garthwaite but think he is to short to play as a CHB/FB permanently. I see him as more a third tall defender ala Grimes, Vlas or Broard than a Astbury/Rance permanent replacement. His not tall enough to play on your 198+ forwards. Does he have the athleticism to play on the Cameron types?

Apparently Naish. Never got why people don’t love Houli, been one of our best for a longtime and is a big game player. Very nearly snagged the norm smith.

I’ve never really had an issue with Bash, but must say I think our new style suits him much more. The old chip and possession style he could turn it over on occasion and could be a bit frustrating.

How good is houli, what a beast gets better with age. He is so important to us. And a great role model too. Right now I'd have Grimes and houli in the AA team and Edwards too maybe. If dusty continues this form til the end of the year he will make it too. Imagine the melts

I've noticed this for a while but haven't raised it. We have a couple of players who are terrible at taking a mark and then going back in a straight line. Dusty is one of them. The amount of time he takes a mark, takes a step to the side and then is called to play on is crazy. What follows is always a super high rushed kick. It's particularly annoying on the half back line. I think we need to practice this to make sure that we are playing on, on our terms...not the umps.

There were more than usual drunkards last night.
Our 3121 room, we have no problems with oppo guests all year, except Essendon.
Always look at opposition supporters sitting with us in 3121 and think “why would you?!” It’s wall to wall passionate yellow and black supporters in there, must be pretty intimidating if you’re wearing the wrong colours.

Always look at opposition supporters sitting with us in 3121 and think “why would you?!” It’s wall to wall passionate yellow and black supporters in there, must be pretty intimidating if you’re wearing the wrong colours.

If I see anyone in the 3121 wearing the wrong colours I text the anti-social hotline and report them.

Really am curious to see how young Naish will go if he gets a senior gig...still reckon he's a tad under size for the brutality of senior footy...
If Zac Fisher can get the pill then I'm sure Naish will be fine

Ha, love it!

Had a mate who answered those antisocial behavior texts as part of his job for a bit. Told me he would get several asking what he was wearing every game.

I've always wondered that percentage are fans like Anne from GeeLOL who use the antisocial hotline legitimately and what percentage is taking the piss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I came to the conclusion last night that they are once or twice a year footy goers that go because their mate gets them a guest pass.
No other reason for it.

Garth will go before Broady...sure that's what Dimma is thinking as well! :)
Say so too , he was a bit nervous when it dried up and ess forwards started playing with abandon, Garth looked like he still thought it was wet , looked more comfortable in prev weeks. Keep playing him , like balta will get better ea week

And also some campaigners just like stirring up trouble.
Only Essendon games end in violence. I don't think there was any trouble last night but the previous two home games there was/

IMO I like Garthwaite but think he is to short to play as a CHB/FB permanently. I see him as more a third tall defender ala Grimes, Vlas or Broard than a Astbury/Rance permanent replacement. His not tall enough to play on your 198+ forwards. Does he have the athleticism to play on the Cameron types?
In short , no bloody way , 3rd or 4th defender at this stage

Won't get the rising star nomination. Neither will Baker or stack. No doubt give it to some campaigner from the Gold Coast for an honourable loss.... or someone from Geelong to keep Mr Hocking happy

Yep another from Geelong for sure. Gerard Whatley will be indignant if it isn’t so. Sanctimonious, virtue signalling d..kwad !!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dont think Garthwaite gets dropped.

They said he is getting an "extended run at it" and they won the three games he played

The four tall defenders is working,

Essendon 2 goals 3 quarter time
Hawthorn 3 goals half time

after the doggies debacle itd be odd to change it.

Broad and Garthwaite are far from glamorous but effective
I certainly won't be unhappy if they both play, both just lock down and get it done, problem is both are quite poor by foot and don't always make the best decisions, now we can carry one guy like that but 2 I'm not so sure long term. If they stick with them that's fine, will just mean either rioli or Bolton will miss.

Any see how it matters? Being a football forum if people want discuss and use a thread why close it? It’s important to those people and is no skin off anyone else’s nose. I’m with bazzar on this.

As I said earlier, its counter productive to have 2 threads open discussing the exact same thing.

Why make people jump in and out of 2 threads to discuss the same topic?

As mentioned, it's easy enough to quote from the previous thread!

Not sure where this has all come from as it's been done this way for as long as I've been a member I reckon

As I said earlier, its counter productive to have 2 threads open discussing the exact same thing.

Why make people jump in and out of 2 threads to discuss the same topic?

As mentioned, it's easy enough to quote from the previous thread!

Not sure where this has all come from as it's been done this way for as long as I've been a member I reckon
I missed what you are referring too. But once a PREVIEW thread has been started ( eg vs NM..) maybe you should close the (Essendon) AUTOPSY thread.

I missed what you are referring too. But once a PREVIEW thread has been started ( eg vs NM..) maybe you should close the (Essendon) AUTOPSY thread.

I'm not sure if this is a serious suggestion or not, but I've actually thought this for quite a while. Preview threads are usually pretty quiet because most people stay on the autopsy thread until a day or two before the next game. I don't bother reading both, so it can be a bit annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back