Autopsy Roast & Toast Round 23 vs Brisbane, changes for Qualifying Final vs Brisbane

who was in the best for the Tigers vs Brisbane

• David Astbury

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Dylan Grimes

Votes: 83 30.5%
  • Bachar Houli

Votes: 109 40.1%
  • Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 244 89.7%
  • Jayden Short

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 192 70.6%
  • Josh Caddy

Votes: 33 12.1%
  • Daniel Rioli

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Trent Cotchin

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Kane Lambert

Votes: 22 8.1%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Tom Lynch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Riewoldt

Votes: 129 47.4%
  • Ivan Soldo

Votes: 58 21.3%
  • Shane Edwards

Votes: 33 12.1%
  • Dustin Martin

Votes: 209 76.8%
  • Jason Castagna

• Liam Baker

Votes: 67 24.6%
  • Jack Graham

• Noah Balta

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure we need Markov for that. Trent Cotchin would expose Hodge with speed!
Bit of a waste using Cotch for that role.Plus with his hammys he'd be the last bloke you'd want to explode of the blocks. o_O

Lots of negativity here. We burst from the blocks and should have been 50 up in the 2nd quarter. Brissy are a very good side and dragged it back, but we responded well enough and held a very solid margin and won easily. I get they challenged us sure but they're going to do that because they're a bloody good footy team that were 1st on the ladder coming in. Cotch at half-pace, Dylan off an injury, inexperienced Croation ruck duo, at least 3 goals not scored due to missed frees or wrong frees. Lots of upside. We'll be right.

I thought we weren't overly flash and yet we beat comfortably in the end the team who went into the game top of the ladder.

Have to like that part.

I didnt feel as exhilirated after the game as I did after the West Coast win. That we werent knocking Collingwood out of the top four maybe took away some of the flavour.

Just watched the 1st half.

The last 5 mins was the most farcical umpiring I've ever seen on a football field.

Broad HTB given
McInerny deliberate not given
Prestia HTB given
Block against Lynch when Andrews initiates contact

Add to that the missed block on Lunch and the high fend off against Martin. Even Joel Wilson wouldn't get those 6 decisions wrong.

If there has been a less damaging 25 disposal half of footy from a player, I haven't seen it. I couldn't even tell you what number Neale was wearing.

We should have been 10 goals up and looking at putting them away for a home final.

Vlas, Baker, Houli, Dusty, Prestia amazing.

Caddy, Rioli, Jack so good.

Short woeful.

George wtf is he doing. Love it Lol.

Some weren’t entirely his fault. Launches into f50 our players just out positioned.

At times I closed my eyes when he had the ball.

He looked nervous when under pressure.

His kicks across goal were the stuff of nightmares. Hard to believe none of them went back over his head. I don’t remember him hitting a single target on the full in the first half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reckon we have 2 gameplans.

Our A-plan is how we played in the 1st Quarter, our best footy, we absolutely smashed them and looked so good.

We then went to Plan B after which is to just maintain our lead and get the win, as the 1st quarter showed that they won't get near our best.

We also had no Nank, Cotch and Dusty had limited midfield minutes and Lynch had a quiet game. We didn't reveal all our cards yet still won by almost 5 goals.
If we played our 1st quarter footy for the entire game we would have a Home MCG final easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez Caddy was bloody good yesterday. Just moving into his work nicely.

Fitness staff done some good work.. Lambo looks faster and fitter too. Both players I wouldn’t have thought of as fast or overly “athletic” in the past but are looking and moving like athletes. (No discredit to Lambo he has been huge for us since coming on - but he never looked really speedy or agile!).

Also reckon it’s interesting that we can beat a top 2 side with no fwd 50 tackles and getting smashed in clearances/middle.

Would like Ross in there if I’m being honest to help us in the middle, but who would come out of the side?

The coaches will have him in the bests during the match review. Huge work rate and link up player on the weekend. Involved in most of our goals
Just don’t give him the ball.

I thought we played well but within ourselves. Still got a couple of gears to go to. If we play well Brisbane won't get near us. It's hard to see their midfield getting it as easy again.

Short's kicking is a genuine problem. It's supposedly his strength but under the kosh he butchers it (Baker is already a far better defender than him). I think that like 2017, he'll make way for an agile, bigger bodied player who relishes the contest; McIntosh.

I hope Nank can come in to partner cousin Ivan, but I'm not optimistic.

In: Chol, McIntosh.
Out: Balta, Short.

I thought we played well but within ourselves. Still got a couple of gears to go to. If we play well Brisbane won't get near us. It's hard to see their midfield getting it as easy again.

Short's kicking is a genuine problem. It's supposedly his strength but under the kosh he butchers it (Baker is already a far better defender than him). I think that like 2017, he'll make way for an agile, bigger bodied player who relishes the contest; McIntosh.

I hope Nank can come in to partner cousin Ivan, but I'm not optimistic.

In: Chol, McIntosh.
Out: Balta, Short.
I reckon KMac will come in for Short.
Hopefully Nank is fit as neither Chol or Balta fills me with much confidence.

Neale investigated over strike
Daniel Cherny
By Daniel Cherny
August 26, 2019 — 10.58am
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/live-scores?match=106750101
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/live-scores?match=106750103
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/live-scores?match=106750104
Brisbane Lions star Lachie Neale is being investigated by match review officer Michael Christian over an alleged strike during the second quarter of his side's loss to Richmond on Sunday.
Neale was involved in an off-the-ball scuffle with Richmond's Jack Graham not long after quarter time during the MCG clash.
Lachie Neale in action against the Tigers.
Lachie Neale in action against the Tigers.CREDIT:AAP
The Age understands the incident is being looked at by Christian.
Graham played out the game and is not believed to have been injured.

Add to shortlist
Neale finished with a career-high 51 disposals, doing his Brownlow Medal chances no harm, but the Tigers won by 27 points.
He is among the favourites to take home the game's highest individual honour.
Brisbane take on Richmond at the Gabba in a qualifying final in week one.

Neale investigated over strike
Daniel Cherny
By Daniel Cherny
August 26, 2019 — 10.58am
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/live-scores?match=106750101
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/live-scores?match=106750103
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/live-scores?match=106750104
Brisbane Lions star Lachie Neale is being investigated by match review officer Michael Christian over an alleged strike during the second quarter of his side's loss to Richmond on Sunday.
Neale was involved in an off-the-ball scuffle with Richmond's Jack Graham not long after quarter time during the MCG clash.
Lachie Neale in action against the Tigers.
Lachie Neale in action against the Tigers.CREDIT:AAP
The Age understands the incident is being looked at by Christian.
Graham played out the game and is not believed to have been injured.

Add to shortlist
Neale finished with a career-high 51 disposals, doing his Brownlow Medal chances no harm, but the Tigers won by 27 points.
He is among the favourites to take home the game's highest individual honour.
Brisbane take on Richmond at the Gabba in a qualifying final in week one.
Haven't seen any footage but would be great if he misses a match.
Won't happen though cause he's a favorite for the Brownlow, even if he killed him.

Geelong also gave us a touch up at their home ground in the few rounds leading up to the qualifying final. Can’t stop thinking that Brisbane do the same :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not this time!!! :grimacing:

I have a good feeling about finals this year.....I could be wrong....:handsopen:....but I have a good feeling about it!

Haven't seen any footage but would be great if he misses a match.
Won't happen though cause he's a favorite for the Brownlow, even if he killed him.
Unfortunately i think Dangerfield has that in the bag.

Have to laugh at the media / supporters overplaying Lachie Neales game.

It was a Tom Mitchell'esque type of game.

Even Richo got sucked in to giving him best on ground 5 votes yesterday.

Stats look amazing but not once yesterday was I sitting there thinking 's**t we need to find a way to stop him'

Zorko far more dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back