• Marlion Pickett

Votes: 90 42.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how is it insulting?
I have a daughter who has Down's Syndrome. She has profound intellectual and physical disabilities. She was born like this. She is a loving, beautiful,loyal,compassionate and wonderful person. She cannot defend herself against people who make fun of her. Your play on words suggests that Thomson Dow's ability as a footballer is in someway connected because of the sound of his name. Hope this helps you to see why it's insulting.

I have a daughter who has Down's Syndrome. She has profound intellectual and physical disabilities. She was born like this. She is a loving, beautiful,loyal,compassionate and wonderful person. She cannot defend herself against people who make fun of her. Your play on words suggests that Thomson Dow's ability as a footballer is in someway connected because of the sound of his name. Hope this helps you to see why it's insulting.
Ok, i understand what you thought i meant.

good on you for defending your daughter and calling out cruel and discriminatory behaviour.

i have nothing against people with Down's Syndrome, nor would i ever ridicule anyone for circumstances beyond their control.

obviously i was referencing DS with the play on words, but not in the way you took it.

Thomson has a brother, Patrick, who plays for Carlton. He is also in and out of the senior side, has talent but not quite putting it all together yet.

If there was only one Dow not quite best 22, the wordplay would not have jumped into my head. A single occurrence cant be a syndrome.

wordplay based on a phrase, not on the meaning of the phrase.

i understand if you don't accept the nuance. My intent was not to compare the Dows to people with DS.

Rested Dusty while 1 point up in the last. We really like disrespecting the crows it’s savage 😂
He also sat Pickett on his arse in round 1, i wonder how many clubs would have the cohuna's to sub out one of their main players due to management or stinking it up. I say none.

Ok, i understand what you thought i meant.

good on you for defending your daughter and calling out cruel and discriminatory behaviour.

i have nothing against people with Down's Syndrome, nor would i ever ridicule anyone for circumstances beyond their control.

obviously i was referencing DS with the play on words, but not in the way you took it.

Thomson has a brother, Patrick, who plays for Carlton. He is also in and out of the senior side, has talent but not quite putting it all together yet.

If there was only one Dow not quite best 22, the wordplay would not have jumped into my head. A single occurrence cant be a syndrome.

wordplay based on a phrase, not on the meaning of the phrase.

i understand if you don't accept the nuance. My intent was not to compare the Dows to people with DS.
Your explanation is accepted.

I would love to see Jack Graham given the job of playing on and making Nick Daicos accountable

ND will not be defending and with Graham he is the ideal player to play him close and also do damage on him going the other way
Not quick enough

He also sat Pickett on his arse in round 1, i wonder how many clubs would have the cohuna's to sub out one of their main players due to management or stinking it up. I say none.
He made comment during the preseason about managing loads better for the older guys. Hence the reduction in the training loads on Prestia and Grimes during the preseason when everyone was running around saying they were injured. The MC is prepared to play the long game knowing flags aren’t won now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back