Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Marlion Pickett

Votes: 90 42.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cumberland feedback wasn't great which anyone who watched the game would be able to agree with.
They did say in the Sonsie feedback that they hope to see him at AFL level soon but still working back to full fitness.
Yep, Cumbo basically getting a rocket in the vfl report

B Grimes Balta Vlaustin
HB D.Rioli Young Baker
C Pickett Graham Short
HF Bolton Lynch Martin
F Cumberland Riewoldt M.Rioli
FOLL- Nankervis Taranto Prestia
I/C- Mclntosh, Ryan, Ralphsmith, Sonsie
Sub- Mansell

How about we get MRJ to tag Daicos?
adam saad GIF by AFL

Either Rioli could do a number on him. 😉

Then we need clean entries into our fwd 50. What kills us is turnovers.
Your quite right. But you cannot have your HFF standing next to Daicos or he’ll peel off and become the link player. HFF players need to keep him accountable by moving and forcing him to become responsible for his man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we’re adding contested possessions to the mix?

I'm simply defending the statement you apparently disagreed with - which was that Nank smashed ROB in the first half, then the value of that match-up to each side completely reversed in the 3Q.

Having sat there watching the player ratings live, seen Nank score very close to 2/3rds of his total rating in the first half, then totally flatline in the 3Q, while ROB scored close to half of his total player rating in that 3Q, I figured it was a statement that was impossible to disagree with.

It was your choice to make a case to the contrary involving raw hit-out stats, I was only ever looking at each player's total effective output.

Didn’t realise I wasn’t allowed to debate with you. I disagree it happened, that’s what I saw in my first viewing. Constant horrible turn overs out of defence, a crows team that marked the contested ball and getting beaten to 50/50s.

I didn’t really think ROBs ruck performance was a huge thing in the game, but I do think his marking was important.

I'm happy to debate anything with most everyone, your good self included. :thumbsu:

I don’t value Soldos ruck work, I don’t think hit outs are important. I don’t think Soldo stops the 3rd quarter unless his around the ground stuff improves.

To me there's a pretty blatant double standard between what you apparently thought I should be rating ROB's game on (pure ruckwork - not contested marks, possessions, 1%ers or whatever else outside pure tap and clearance work) and yet these attributes (everything except pure ruckwork!) suddenly become the most important factors when you're rating Soldo's. ;)

We do clearly disagree on the importance of hit-outs.

To me, the centre square is the best chance you get to dominate the game territorially and it's also the best chance you get to swing the game back your way when you've been under the pump. Not turnovers, not rebound from deep 50 once the opposition's zone is firmly in place, clean ball from the centre which gives you enough time to either score or at least set up your zone and hold the ball in your attacking half.

We had that centre square dominance in the first half and it gave us over 2/3rds game time with the ball in our forward half. We metaphorically had our foot on Adelaide's throat and they couldn't get up. The moment we lost that first use from the centre advantage, Adelaide gaining it inflicted even worse territorial pain on us than we managed to do to them in the first half.

No disagreement whatsoever that we used the ball poorly in the 3Q out of our back half, but if we win ball cleanly from the middle enough in the same way we did in the first half, then we're not constantly rebounding into a fully set up opposition zone.

Avoiding the above underlined as much as possible matters a hell of a lot, game after game, week after week, right across the comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back