Autopsy Roast & Toast vs GWS, Rd 3 2019, & changes for Port

Best players vs GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

One win outside the top 4 - early days.

Thought Markov was pretty decent, ran hard and managed to get the ball a bit more. Seemed much more comfortable being able to roam and not be stuck in the back line.

Thought Garthwaite did some good spoils, was just exposed in speed by Cameron but he's a great forward.

Butler and Ellis are the two players pushing my buttons at the moment. Lack a bit of hardness at the contest and too many errors.

If Bolton doesn't get a run against Port, then what?
Feel like he has been a bit unlucky not to get another crack. Nothing more to it then that?

My perspective on season 2019...

Let me just get the expletives out of the way first:

---

******* BULLSHIT ******* SON OF A campaigner MOTHER*er I HATE OUR ******* GODDAMN LUCK SOMETIMES!!! WE ARE ******* CURSED AND IT IS ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT HOW MUCH ******* s**t WE HAVE COPPED IN ONLY THREE ******* GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCREW THE campaignerS WHO WISHED INJURIES ON US THEY CAN JUST GO AND GET FUUUUCCCCKKKEEEDDDD!!!!

---

Okay now that I got that out of my system, yes, I feel like we are desperately unlucky at the moment and there are no expletives strong enough nor deep enough to express how I feel about that. Our end to last year after being 18-4, with Astbury and Dusty crook for the Prelim, was quite cruel. We then go and splash big coin on Tom Lynch and cue the whole team getting injured and/or suspended. It's just savage, absolutely savage luck, considering this is our window, whilst the Rances, Riewoldts, Houlis, Griggs, Edwards and even Cotchins are around and in/still near their prime. But, it hasn't worked out our way. Not this year anyway.

So, can we take it as a blessing in disguise? Perhaps we can.

Had this not happened, we probably would have coasted along, finished with 15-18 wins, but still not really evolved nor found any new players, which we do need for the future but also to improve a little even now.

Now we are forced to play nearly all of Garthwaite, Stack, Naish, Balta, Ross, Collier-Dawkins, Bolton, and Baker, and perhaps even Townsend will get his chance again.

With more forced games into these players, we will only improve and thus hopefully even prolong our window.

Let's all be honest, our midfield is the main weakness, so we can only be better off for getting early forced games into Ross, RCD and Bolton.

Imagine how strong we are going to be Round 1, 2020, with our full side back, Rance back with at least 2 more years to go, and a solid midfield with a couple of new, quality faces added in.

And that's not to say I'm even writing off 2019, because I'm not. We can still be a top 8 and maybe even a top 4 side. But my thoughts are that this is a speedbump year that, whilst horribly and savagely unlucky given the timing of having only just gotten Lynch into the side, will make us much, much stronger leading into 2020.

Carn the Tiges :)

Really happy with Stack debut. Clean. A great kick and attacks the pill hard. George, Ellis just cant hit a target by hand or foot, and stymies any scoreboard pressure. Butler just cant get involved and needs a rest too.

Out Dusty, Cotch, Short, Ellis, George, Butler.
In Grimes, Caddy, Bolton, Houli, Baker.
Edit: I want Ross in too, so maybe Garth has a rest??

The debut from Stack yesterday was one of the best I’ve seen - after the first clanger out on the full he was brilliant. Played with the perfect mix of risk taking, flair and some real hardness. Should be very proud of himself... Just can’t understand how the **** a guy like him with one preseason could look so much better than our more experienced players, who looked incredibly second rate.
Hunger. Hard to go back to the well when you’ve already been there.

My perspective on season 2019...

Let me just get the expletives out of the way first:

---

******* BULLSHIT ******* SON OF A campaigner MOTHER****** I HATE OUR ******* GODDAMN LUCK SOMETIMES!!! WE ARE ******* CURSED AND IT IS ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT HOW MUCH ******* s**t WE HAVE COPPED IN ONLY THREE ******* GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCREW THE campaignerS WHO WISHED INJURIES ON US THEY CAN JUST GO AND GET FUUUUCCCCKKKEEEDDDD!!!!

---

Okay now that I got that out of my system, yes, I feel like we are desperately unlucky at the moment and there are no expletives strong enough nor deep enough to express how I feel about that. Our end to last year after being 18-4, with Astbury and Dusty crook for the Prelim, was quite cruel. We then go and splash big coin on Tom Lynch and cue the whole team getting injured and/or suspended. It's just savage, absolutely savage luck, considering this is our window, whilst the Rances, Riewoldts, Houlis, Griggs, Edwards and even Cotchins are around and in/still near their prime. But, it hasn't worked out our way. Not this year anyway.

So, can we take it as a blessing in disguise? Perhaps we can.

Had this not happened, we probably would have coasted along, finished with 15-18 wins, but still not really evolved nor found any new players, which we do need for the future but also to improve a little even now.

Now we are forced to play nearly all of Garthwaite, Stack, Naish, Balta, Ross, Collier-Dawkins, Bolton, and Baker, and perhaps even Townsend will get his chance again.

With more forced games into these players, we will only improve and thus hopefully even prolong our window.

Let's all be honest, our midfield is the main weakness, so we can only be better off for getting early forced games into Ross, RCD and Bolton.

Imagine how strong we are going to be Round 1, 2020, with our full side back, Rance back with at least 2 more years to go, and a solid midfield with a couple of new, quality faces added in.

And that's not to say I'm even writing off 2019, because I'm not. We can still be a top 8 and maybe even a top 4 side. But my thoughts are that this is a speedbump year that, whilst horribly and savagely unlucky given the timing of having only just gotten Lynch into the side, will make us much, much stronger leading into 2020.

Carn the Tiges :)

Great post,short term pain for long term gain.

Stack to move up the ground next week hopefully if Houli comes back.

We broke down through the middle and up forward from poor kicking yesterday.

Stack can help improve that with his kicking skills.
SS looked a natural in his position. (More than I can say about Balta cos he is getting thrown from one end to the other.) I would leave him at HBF. Houli & Grimes IN adds some experience to the back half. I'd prefer Markov out of the back half. Give Markov 1 more game. Ports fwd line is small. Ryder, Ebert 189 and 4 smalls. So maybe not a good week to have Garth IN.

Can't believe Dusty pulled the wool over our eyes with his big contract and is now serving up this s**t. Can't even recruit good players from now on because of his contract. Should renegotiate his contract and take some pressure off himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe Dusty pulled the wool over our eyes with his big contract and is now serving up this s**t. Can't even recruit good players from now on because of his contract. Should renegotiate his contract and take some pressure off himself.
Contracts are reward for good years leading up to it. Dusty's 16 & 17 were great so he is effectively back paid for that to some degree. Dogs paid for their flag with big coin to Boyd, we did it with big coin to Martin. $6mill for a flag? Whatever it takes

Last edited:
Really think Garth needs a good for or five weeks in the 2s
To get his match fitness up
Think he is definitely in our best team but not right now
Bring him back in about round 7-9
For the next 4 weeks while jack is out
They need to keep Noah at chb
Let him have a good go at it ,
The good thing about Noah and Garth is they both
Can play various positions, will be very interesting
To see exactly where they end up in the year's to come

Great post,short term pain for long term gain.

Our future is looking good going forward.

Assuming RCD and Ross reach potential, who knows at this stage, Stack looks a player, Graham is very solid, Higgins a champ, Rioli lovely and possibly another one, we have a lot of young talent coming through to look forward to being very strong longer term!!! Balta looks s likely prospect to amongst others!!

It's going to be a long year boys and girls.
Long year indeed.
We won't beat Port this week so the changes I would to see are:

IN: Grimes, Houli, Ross, Bolton, Naish, Caddy.
OUT: Martin (suspended), Short (injured), Ellis, Markov, Butler, Castagna

if Cotchin is out injured, then the Tiger mascot can get a game.

Hope the AFL are going to look into why Dusty gave that response. What did the drug taker Mumford say to him.

Hope the AFL are going to look into why Dusty gave that response. What did the drug taker Mumford say to him.

That sort of s**t would happen all the time, just this one happened to be caught on camera. AFL should just ignore it.

Back