Autopsy Roast & toast vs Melbourne and changes for Gold Coast round 6

Best vs Dees

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly the MC has listened to this board…by omitting Mansell and HRS

be interesting as to who gets the nod as sub…out of .Bauer, Clarke, Mansell or HRS

.I reckon bauer unusual I know…but hey

Sammy R will be locked up forward
miller on bench/2nd ruck
don’t reckon Soldo plays an entire game…so he will get subbed out…Miller continues as ruck
If this pans out…reckon we’ll see Bauer get the nod…( Bauer forward, Ryan ruck with miller)
Makes a bit of sense, Soldo would be a risk to play a full game, Bauer with his recent VFL form could play forward or back if needed. Low risk bring him on for a quarter/half than a full game.

This game has me excited, I like the selection changes and in Hardwicks presser he mentioned trying some new things that we haven't done much before so I'm interested to see what that looks like. Am hoping it resembles a bit of the handball game we played well for times against Melbourne last week, that was a good brand when we were able to execute it.
In the presser, he also mentioned that Dion was being rested as he’s been carrying an issue for most of the games. Just shows you cant make judgements without knowing all the facts.
Why we play injured players like Dion has got me stumped though as surely we can cover him having recruited Taranto and Hopper

Can’t Hardwick just tell Cumberland instead of flaming him publicly though? I don’t even recall him doing this to the likes of Vickery, Castagna, and Morris, so I don’t know what makes Cumberland especially bad. He’s only played 12 games so of course has a lot to learn. But he’s also kicked 25 goals in those 12 games. He could’ve easily had 2 more goals after the first quarter but let Dusty and Riewoldt have them.

Hardwick just acts like an idiot sometimes after a crap loss. He’s done this for years. Him calling out Cumberland is exactly just that.

You’ve gotta read between the lines. Do you not think Dimma has told Cumberland a million times to put his head down and work hard if he wants to realise his potential? It’s obviously Cumberland does not do everything in his power to be the best player he can be, and it clearly frustrates Dimma as he know the talent he has.

The game against Demons was probably the precise reason Cumberland drives him mad. Kicks 3-goals when he’s got petrol in the tank, but then goes missing for basically the last 2.5 quarters. I assume this includes not engaging in team defence as he’s too gassed. So Dimma knows if he had a rock hard fit Cumberland we probably win.

So given his likely desperate pleas for Cumberland to work like a true professional have not gotten him anywhere for years, he decided a public mention was warranted.

Let’s not feel sorry for Cumberland. He’s clearly frustrating the coaches and likely his teammates with his general attitude to doing all that is required to be a team player and a true professional.

Dimma never called our Castagna or Aarts for their general crapness because you can bet your life on it that those guys were giving 110% on and off the field to get the best out of themselves. Why would a coach ever criticise that? They were just very unskilled.

Cumberland isn’t doing all he can to be the best he can be, he isn’t putting in 100% and he isn’t performing all his roles for the team. If a little clip from Dimma in a presser to make sure he can’t ‘hide’ from scrutiny gets him putting in more effort off the field to get the most out of himself then I’m all for it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You’ve gotta read between the lines. Do you not think Dimma has told Cumberland a million times to put his head down and work hard if he wants to realise his potential? It’s obviously Cumberland does not do everything in his power to be the best player he can be, and it clearly frustrates Dimma as he know the talent he has.

The game against Demons was probably the precise reason Cumberland drives him mad. Kicks 3-goals when he’s got petrol in the tank, but then goes missing for basically the last 2.5 quarters. I assume this includes not engaging in team defence as he’s too gassed. So Dimma knows if he had a rock hard fit Cumberland we probably win.

So given his likely desperate pleas for Cumberland to work like a true professional have not gotten him anywhere for years, he decided a public mention was warranted.

Let’s not feel sorry for Cumberland. He’s clearly frustrating the coaches and likely his teammates with his general attitude to doing all that is required to be a team player and a true professional.

Dimma never called our Castagna or Aarts for their general crapness because you can bet your life on it that those guys were giving 110% on and off the field to get the best out of themselves. Why would a coach ever criticise that? They were just very unskilled.

Cumberland isn’t doing all he can to be the best he can be, he isn’t putting in 100% and he isn’t performing all his roles for the team. If a little clip from Dimma in a presser to make sure he can’t ‘hide’ from scrutiny gets him putting in more effort off the field to get the most out of himself then I’m all for it.

You are adding an awful lot of subjective opinions as supposed facts there. Who said Cumberland doesn't work hard. Not engaging in team defence (despite being our lead tackler the week before), questioning his professionalism, he has a questionable attitude, not giving 110%, etc. You have no evidence of any of that, just reading between the lines.

Dimma stated that Cumberland is frustrated. Mentioned body language and that he gets down on himself and goes missing, which we all can see. Not sure how you manage to piece together all the rest of what you wrote.

He is a kid just getting going, and maybe a bit of maturing etc. like most young players.

But he played 12 games and kicked 3 goals in that match. Could’ve had 5. If he was a 50 gamer still playing like this, then I get it. Or if he was doing what Stack was doing, then I get it as well, but he’s nowhere near as disappointing as Stack was for us.

Also, a lot of heat is being put on Cumberland for the loss when there were other people responsible as well. Mansell, who basically started the same time as Cumberland due to Cumberland’s ACL in the first year, had 4 touches and one tackle for the game. Miller had 6 touches and had 1 mark for the game. He ended up being subbed out of the game. So why did he single out Cumberland?

Cumberland’s the type of guy that’ll respond well in my opinion, but I still don’t like what Hardwick did to be honest. Sounds like Hardwick verbalised his thoughts instead of just thinking them in the heat of the moment because it still doesn’t make sense to me.

Sometimes there comes along a player that may need a public call-out, but I don’t think we have any currently on our list (including Cumberland) that have reached that level.

Cumberland’s the type of guy that’ll respond well in my opinion, but I still don’t like what Hardwick did to be honest.
And that's why Dimma probably criticised him publicly. People react differently to criticism. It fires some up to work harder other people need encouragement. Dimma would know Cumbos personality.

And that's why Dimma probably criticised him publicly. People react differently to criticism. It fires some up to work harder other people need encouragement. Dimma would know Cumbos personality.
He’ll respond now, but I don’t know whether comments like this will make him want to leave the club. Sometimes things like this can push a player out, and Cumberland’s a young talented player that I don’t want us to lose

In the presser, he also mentioned that Dion was being rested as he’s been carrying an issue for most of the games. Just shows you cant make judgements without knowing all the facts.
Why we play injured players like Dion has got me stumped though as surely we can cover him having recruited Taranto and Hopper
Yup don’t get it. Could’ve been giving Ross a solid crack at it.

Guess they were all in on getting some wins so risked it?

Mansell, who basically started the same time as Cumberland due to Cumberland’s ACL in the first year, had 4 touches and one tackle for the game. Miller had 6 touches and had 1 mark for the game. He ended up being subbed out of the game. So why did he single out Cumberland?
Wasn't it because the journo specifically asked about Cumberland?

Wasn't it because the journo specifically asked about Cumberland?
Yeah but he could’ve given a standard response where you say words that don’t really mean much. The typical cliche responses that the AFL world is in love with. And then kick Cumberland’s ass behind closed doors.

I don’t disagree with the criticism of Cumberland. 2 disposals after quarter time is not good enough. But I just don’t agree with the way Hardwick went about it because at the end of the day he did contribute 18 points from the 78 points we scored.

I don’t disagree with the criticism of Cumberland. 2 disposals after quarter time is not good enough. But I just don’t agree with the way Hardwick went about it because at the end of the day he did contribute 18 points from the 78 points we scored.
I get your point but I didn't think it was out of line by Hardwick at all. As DickieKnee mentioned earlier, Dimma would know which players respond well to criticism and which ones don't. Plus I thought it was pretty constructive criticism anyway. If he'd just bagged him without saying anything positive then that would be a bit too far, but I thought it was fine.

How the kid responds will be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get your point but I didn't think it was out of line by Hardwick at all. As DickieKnee mentioned earlier, Dimma would know which players respond well to criticism and which ones don't. Plus I thought it was pretty constructive criticism anyway. If he'd just bagged him without saying anything positive then that would be a bit too far, but I thought it was fine.

How the kid responds will be interesting.
Yeah Cumberland’s one to respond. He’s not one to go into his shell after that. Even if he doesn’t get 3 goals, he’ll get more touches than what he did last week IMO

That doesn't mean anything when he could have chosen not to talk about Cumberland the way he did
He answered a question. Watch the presser. Hear the enthusiasm in Dimmas voice about him. * Le half you campaigners are looking for something that isn’t there and completely irrelevant. * me are we that sensitive these days a coach can’t comment about one of his players have been specifically asked a question about him.

How many catch ups do you think Noah would have had with Dimma and his line coach this week? The press stuff is irrelevant

A good experience for the younger lads, playing in a major game.
The young rucks and defenders were caught out of position down the line, when Gawn blocked for van Rooyen, only 194 cm.
They tried to guard the corridor but should have pushed Jacob out of position.
Two crucial goals when scores were level.

With both MRj & Mansell out of the team this week i would love to see a couple of positional changes tried

• Pickett & Baker played foward as replacements for the above 2 players as the team line up reads
  • Shai & Dusty given more midfield time
  • Cotchin to be subbed and Clarke played as the sub
  • Miller to be given the job on Chol
  • Sonsie to be given some game time off half back

yep thrown into disarray by the shytest allround sub disaster ever seen
A good experience for the younger lads, playing in a major game.
The young rucks and defenders were caught out of position down the line, when Gawn blocked for van Rooyen, only 194 cm.
They tried to guard the corridor but should have pushed Jacob out of position.
Two crucial goals when scores were level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back