• Jack Ross

Votes: 227 79.4%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 48 16.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming Riewoldt comes back in, having Balta + Lynch + Riewoldt + Caddy up forward is far too tall.

Swans only have Sinclair to ruck, which Nankervis can handle with no problems. Riewoldt can chop out.

Can't see what Balta adds at this stage other than cover for talls and ruck chop-outs for Nank. Will be a star one day, but not yet.

Pressure won us a flag and the game Vs Port.
I remain bullish about this and will say again imo Balta's best position is kpd and should be playing chb in Rances place, we have not at any stage replaced Rance with any player of Genuine kpd size. Imo we are missing an opportunity to play Balta where he belongs . Imo Astbury is really struggling as well.
With Rance out, the back half should go atm.

Grimes - Astbury - Vlastuin
Stack - Balta - Houli.

Nathan Broad would be on the Bench and could go back to help cover if Balta went on the ball for a short stint to help nankervis.
I would really like to see how Broad goes on a wing or even as a run with player.

In Graham’s fifth game he had 16 possessions, kicked 3 goals and held the best opposition player down in a relatively important game.

In his first game, Dean Polo had 28 possessions and kicked 3 goals.

As good as Ross’ debut was, one game doesn’t make the player.

Here’s the thing I think a lot of detractors don’t get about Graham, he may not get a lot of the ball, nor does he seem to be damaging when he does it, but his pressure and defensive abilities are elite. You say his hurt factor is C grade. This is incorrect. His ability to create room in the stoppage for Cotchin and Martin is as high on the hurt factor as you can get. Rewatch the last 5 minutes of the JLT game v Hawks. Cotchin destroys the Hawks almost single handedly... but its Graham who is right there beside him, bumping bodies or putting weight on opposition players to create space for Cotch. This is just one example. You get too many guys who hunt the ball, all you get is more congestion, lack of quality clearances and destroyed defensively.

For every one A grader, you need a guy who plays his role and sacrifices for the team to enable that A grader to be A grade.

Graham is that kind of player for us. Look when we dropped him against Port last year. Dimma admitted it was an error. Or how our poor form leading into finals coicided quite cleanly with Graham’s shoulder injury.

Graham means more to this side than just 18 possession and a ‘C grade’ hurt factor.
That was A grade articulation.
Thanks RockJobster

Assuming Riewoldt comes back in, having Balta + Lynch + Riewoldt + Caddy up forward is far too tall.

Swans only have Sinclair to ruck, which Nankervis can handle with no problems. Riewoldt can chop out.

Can't see what Balta adds at this stage other than cover for talls and ruck chop-outs for Nank. Will be a star one day, but not yet.

Pressure won us a flag and the game Vs Port.

Never ever ever want to see our 3 time Coleman medallist, premiership forward, 465 time leading goal kicker lining up in a centre bounce.... ever again.

Balta can play off the back line/bench to give Nank a chop out or go forward and man up Reid when he drops into defence or just help out. Simple fact is that Balta needs games to get better. The other thing to consider is that JR will probably return for the Melbourne game, not the Sydney game. Melbourne will probably have Gawn and Preuss, so surely the MC won't put JR up against either of those in the middle after what happened against the Pies....

Never ever ever want to see our 3 time Coleman medallist, premiership forward, 465 time leading goal kicker lining up in a centre bounce.... ever again.

Balta can play off the back line/bench to give Nank a chop out or go forward and man up Reid when he drops into defence or just help out. Simple fact is that Balta needs games to get better. The other thing to consider is that JR will probably return for the Melbourne game, not the Sydney game. Melbourne will probably have Gawn and Preuss, so surely the MC won't put JR up against either of those in the middle after what happened against the Pies....
This is true. Plus you can't drop a player, bring them in again then drop them because Swans 'only' have Sinclair, no good for continuity, his and the sides. He should not have been dropped the first time and was brought straight back in. If Nank can beat Sinclair, Balta can really press home the advantage with his athleticism.

After watching the game again.. this time with a more player analysis focus, no way Graham comes out. In fact, if we are taking a like for like out for Dusty, ie. a mid, then Higgins comes out, at least as a mid. He was ordinary, especially in the 1st half. Second efforts were atrocious, 4-5 missed tackles, although they werent really tackles. Totally ineffective at centre bounces. Jogging behind the play on turnovers. Backnto the forward line imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shitihad is probably as close to scg size as there is and it’s about half a short kick closer to goal from the centre bounce as AO.

I’d look to bring Garth for Balta to play on Franklin it’d great for him and the only other choices for Buddy would be in the team anyway.
I can see the merit in Balta being developed as CHB but we also need to develop Garth and at the moment IMO Garth has a better 1v1 def game/skills and we need to keep buddy to 3 goals or less.

I was at this game, Buddy was out and we started strong and nearly choked our lead. Goodes throwing himself around winning 5 frees got them back in it.

Hard to compare, but I reckon us going in so undermanned yesterday is a better win, only jsut though.
With respect...not even close
Made finals in 13 and were still considered a joke.. Would've been laughing stock if we finished 9th again... only team ever to win last 9 in a row to make finals. Saturday night was a good win.....rd23 2014 was a win for the ages

Intelligent response, perhaps?? What is Santa besides a non-existent bloke who never gave me what I wanted as a kid?
Don't like having your views challenged like a few others on here, right :)
Enjoy your day, Bazzzz!
He hates it mate. Loves back slapping players and calling out people on here who have anything negative to say about a tigers player, even if it’s a valid point!!!! Whatever you do don’t bag Brando infront of him

Just read through the Game Day thread...what a crack up

Basically went from....

typical us
We are s**t
Lacking composure

Macca you spud...piss off you hack

Then

Macca with the off break...KMac is a gun...sorry for slagging you off earlier

Lynch...have my xxxxxxxx babies

Hey AFL....you can SMD
Succinct Executive summary

That's a bit unfair,
Kmac's kick backwards didn't cost us the goal. Broad fumbled and stuffed it up royally. That's what cost the goal... wouldn't have happened if Dylan or Rance were there
Hit a target...not that hard
It is their job.
Kick the ball 20 metres to your mate on the full.
Not broads fault at all

i always have been (a little) anti baker cause i am suspicious of very short people.

however Baker seems to be class. He has been good in the twos and is fast and skillful and seems have pretty good footy iq. He is growing on me big time and is yet another reason B Ellis should be dropped.

I would be ok with Baker staying in the best22
Bigot

Back