Player Watch #6 Robbie Tarrant - Retiring effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing you could see in that clip. He has the respect of everybody in the room. That speaks volumes.
Without a doubt
Especially considering he hasn’t been with us for very long and hasn’t played a game this year yet the boys are showing emotion akin to a 10+ year player who played over 100 games with them

Seems similar to lambert in regards to trying to push themselves through a chronic injury to try and play

Without a doubt
Especially considering he hasn’t been with us for very long and hasn’t played a game this year yet the boys are showing emotion akin to a 10+ year player who played over 100 games with them

Seems similar to lambert in regards to trying to push themselves through a chronic injury to try and play

He proved to all Richmond people he can really play last year. And I have very little doubt he has proven equally as valuable behind the scenes helping other players develop. He leaves his area of the ground in great shape with Balta and Young performing well and improving by the week, Gibcus coming through and now the next thing will be to develop the guys replacing Grimes and then Broad.

I think Tarrant was an astute investment by Richmond. I doubt we make finals 2022 without his presence, and several young players Ross, Gibcus, Sonsie, Miller, Cumberland and The Joker(Maurice) played their first final in that match, it will only help them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't the fairy tale both parties hoped for, but both leave well and truly richer for the association.

As for Robbie's career, over that similar stretch you'd be hard pressed to make a case for more than 2-3 full backs who were his equal or better. Champion player and every bit as good a bloke from all reports.

Sorry he couldn't experience a finals win on the 'G with the greatest club in the land as a player, he really deserved that and more, but clearly he's a Tiger for life now, which means he'll get to feel genuinely a part of our future successes - hopefully sooner rather than later! :thumbsu:

Taz was pretty awesome, last year, we only had an average losing margin of 14 points thanks to him! Could you call him the "Human Defender Machine"? Ave Robbie Tarrant!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back