Game Day Round 1, 2023: West Coast Eagles vs North Melbourne - “A Walk in the Park”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but what are you going do ??

he was okay up till then

do you want Cole in the ruck ??
We put Sheed in there didn’t we?

However the point I’m arguing is you said cut Bailey some slack, but he cost us twice late.

As far as I’m concerned it’s open season on him as it would be for any other player who made 2 errors late in a close game

Jamo is clearly far worse.

I’m not arguing with you as you’ve made your point clear on Williams.

What can’t be argued is we are in strife in our ruck department. Williams now Jamison have shown they can lead a ruck division, in my eyes

So deflating feels like 10 goal loss, our older guys had some good moments but then some awful moments which costed us in the end,didn’t mind Long and Ginbey, Chesser is so far off it, it’s not funny which is not his fault he’s played 3games as 16-17 year old in 3 years how can they possibly think he would be ready to take the next step

Hi I'm Bailey Williams.

I'm a ruckman.

I'm 23 years of age and have been on an afl list for 4 years.

Today I was faced with challenge of rucking against... literally nobody. The equally inexperienced ruckman who was kicking my ass got injured so I spent 3 quarters rucking against someone who had never done it before. And I got my ass kicked. I had 8 touches and my team got flogged 2:1 in the clearances. But that's okay because late in the game when they really needed me, um..Dom sheed ended up taking the centre square ruck, then I got caught holding the ball and then I gave away a ruck free kick. Because the one standout thing about me this far in my career is as well as being generally s**t, I'm also a dreadful choker.

I'm the future of this club!

Hi I'm Bailey Williams.

I'm a ruckman.

I'm 23 years of age and have been on an afl list for 4 years.

Today I was faced with challenge of rucking against... literally nobody. The equally inexperienced ruckman who was kicking my ass got injured so I spent 3 quarters rucking against literally noone. Like my opponent was my shadow. And I got my ass kicked. I had 8 touches and my team got flogged 2:1 in the clearances. But that's okay because late in the game when they really needed me, um..Dom sheed ended up taking the centre square ruck, then I got caught holding the ball and then I gave away a ruck free kick. Because the one noteworthy thing about me this far in my career is as well as being generally s**t, I'm also a dreadful choker.

I'm the future of this club!

Nah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barnett to get plenty of opportunities when fit.

Long looks a really smart pick up.

I really like Ryan's game. Lots of pressure and finished off when he had the chances
Barnett debuting as a first season ruck is both pathetic and promising at the same time

I'm working Saturday til like 4

When I check my phone Sat arvo:

Hope:

Eagles by 25 and a 4 quarter effort
no injuries
kids play well

Expect:

North by 11 after we're either up by 20+ or down by 40+ and fight back a bit
niggly injuries
Best players old guys

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not quite a 40 point deficit but pretty much what I expected.

Not fussed really

To hell with it.

Williams errors costs the opportunity to win.

Jamieson gets beaten comprehensively by Greenwood and Comben.

Both witches' hats away from stoppages, provided nothing in terms of marking presence, and were defensive liabilities throughout.

The team functioned best when neither of them were on the ground.

Give it to Clark and play with no rucks next week.

Hopefully Barnett develops quickly, as I have lost faith in the viability of either of the options that played today to develop into something worth holding on to.

Ah well, it's not like that's gonna cost us a top 4 spot and at least we showed a bit of heart for a change. Keep up that 4th quarter effort and get games into the kids (No, Bailey, not you. Get the hell out) and things will turn around in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back