Review Round 10, 2020 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching replay...

Port player gets taken high and received free kick.
DUNSTALL: He ducked into that and I just do not see what the tackler can do to avoid that.

dogs player ducks into tackle / drops knees FORCING high contact (multiple times).
DUNSTALL: the onus has to be on the tackler to tackle them lower

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just watched the highlights. The Dogs have perfected ducking their heads.

At least 3 goals directly from free for too bight. 1 from a slip by Mackenzie. (They only kicked 5 all night)

they didn’t actually build any plays from half back.

The impact of Butters and SPP in 3rd quarter was infectious. They both took ownership and showed unparalleled hardness at the footy. That was the trigger. Butters is a champ. Amon and Duursma provided excellent gut running on outside in that crucial quarter we got on top. Amon, a very smart player. Woodcock is one touch and excellent user of football. More please. Dixon, I rate that game higher than his West Coast game. Brilliant performance. Ladhams impressive around ground but concerns on his tap work.

Our backline weathered the storm. Jonas, DBJ and Hartlett instrumental. McKenzie pressure marking definitely no fluke. Consistent performance.

We looked slow in midfield. But 4 day turnaround one can only expect some inconsistency throughout game. Tonight we made it work when it counted. But a Richmond, Brisbane, full strength West Coast or Collingwood might have put 5 goals on us. Our ability to stem the flow against the best teams will dictate how far we go this year.

That Duursma mark. Wow. As mentioned above, every bit as good as Walsh mark but won't get the constant masturbation media footage like his. Jonas and Bruce are not small!

And yes, we are Port Adelaide, the pioneers of "howler new umpiring decisions" with Woodcock's goal over turned. How the F was that unequivocal evidence to overturn? Yet another AFL amateur moment for our highlight reel being the first club to get this interpretation. Might have pipped the countdown clock v Geelong few years back.

Great hard fought win.

Watching replay...

Port player gets taken high and received free kick.
DUNSTALL: He ducked into that and I just do not see what the tackler can do to avoid that.

dogs player ducks into tackle / drops knees FORCING high contact (multiple times).
DUNSTALL: the onus has to be on the tackler to tackle them lower

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I rewatched and Totally agree

And add, basically no comment made on duursmas mark, glossed over it, it was as gutsy as walshs, which was replayed 500 times as it should have been, but they made a couple of remarks and that was it.

Must be mark of the week, never deviated, never took his eyes of it.

This kid is special

Not true.

If they win every game for the rest of the season, we lose every game for the rest of the season and they make up the 88 point percentage difference, they can still finish ahead of us on percentage.

Well I guess we better keep on winning to ensure that doesn’t happen 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That last quarter was tense. It felt for that last 10 minutes that they were just one goal away from going on a run and pinching it, but thankfully we held on.

Felt to me that we were lucky early, Bulldogs missed a couple, but we got back on top and missed a couple of our own before finally sealing it thanks to Butters willingness to not be beaten and set up Farrell, (reckon Butters was keen to score himself until being pushed in the back which made the knock on even more impressive given how quick thinkibg it was)

After that we went tempo footy, trying to run down the clock, which we weren't great at and nearly let them back in because you knew if they got closer a quick free and 50 was only seconds away

Felt to me that we were lucky early, Bulldogs missed a couple, but we got back on top and missed a couple of our own before finally sealing it thanks to Butters willingness to not be beaten and set up Farrell, (reckon Butters was keen to score himself until being pushed in the back which made the knock on even more impressive given how quick thinkibg it was)

After that we went tempo footy, trying to run down the clock, which we weren't great at and nearly let them back in because you knew if they got closer a quick free and 50 was only seconds away
Playing smarter footy now, able to adjust mid game and Jonas under rated as a captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back