Preview Round 10, 2021: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 22nd May, 7:25PM AEST *BATTLE 50TH*

Who Wins?

• Bulldogs

Votes: 39 60.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Geary is back in the team, id send him straight to Caleb Daniel to tag.
We will win this game.
Carlisle for Marshall
Geary for Lonie
If Carlisle has a big game we are a chance. We were fantastic last week. The goal kicking and umps destroyed us. Unfortunetly weve been banged up with Crouch and Sinclair - our two best players recently coming into the game with broken faces. These guys are incredible. Fractured cheekbone and playing this week? seriously?

All in all as a supporter all I and anyone can ask for is effort and a gameplan. we had both in spades last week.
Max King is a gun. The disgraceful comments about him this week are ridiculous. He will fix kicking with age/fitness. And when he does? wow unstoppable. couldve had 6 against geelong ffs.

Carlisle for Marshall
Geary for Lonie
If Carlisle has a big game we are a chance. We were fantastic last week. The goal kicking and umps destroyed us. Unfortunetly weve been banged up with Crouch and Sinclair - our two best players recently coming into the game with broken faces. These guys are incredible. Fractured cheekbone and playing this week? seriously?

All in all as a supporter all I and anyone can ask for is effort and a gameplan. we had both in spades last week.
Max King is a gun. The disgraceful comments about him this week are ridiculous. He will fix kicking with age/fitness. And when he does? wow unstoppable. couldve had 6 against geelong ffs.

Carlisle hasn't played for almost a month, not sure he's fit?

Carlisle for Marshall
Geary for Lonie

Didn’t see too many bagging King. Just people wanting him to find confidence in the reserves

From what I saw of Carlisles last couple of games he’s done .
From what I saw of Dunstans last AFL game I don’t really see the point in playing him - give a kid a game
If Geary can run out the game get him in for a bit of leadership
agree. Dunstan has failed the step up everytime. He is back up ONLY when all 4 of Crouch, Jones, Ross and Steele are out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hunters the obvious choice to come in its important we keep our structure.

hunter doesn't play fwd though. ryder is the full time ruck. marshall is the forward ruck.

playing hunter actually is a 180 on our existing structure

hunter doesn't play fwd though. ryder is the full time ruck. marshall is the forward ruck.

playing hunter actually is a 180 on our existing structure
Should be McKernan. This is the exact role he ws brought in to play. He was bad having to play as that ruck but with Ryder taking the majority of those duties, he will only need to do a small amount in there and can take a defender away from King. Kicked 10.5 in his 4 games at Sandy this year and averaging 5 marks a game which is exactly what we need this week.

And as much as I would love us to just play Battle as a key forward for the next month, Ryder cant ruck a full game so we need to bring in someone who can help out there. Plus, Battle has just played his best 2 games on the wing so if we want to play him there, it would be good for him to get some continuity in that role and build on his current form.

Should be McKernan. This is the exact role he ws brought in to play. He was bad having to play as that ruck but with Ryder taking the majority of those duties, he will only need to do a small amount in there and can take a defender away from King. Kicked 10.5 in his 4 games at Sandy this year and averaging 5 marks a game which is exactly what we need this week.

And as much as I would love us to just play Battle as a key forward for the next month, Ryder cant ruck a full game so we need to bring in someone who can help out there. Plus, Battle has just played his best 2 games on the wing so if we want to play him there, it would be good for him to get some continuity in that role and build on his current form.
I simply cannot find fault with any of this BT. Completely agree... although would still love to see us line Lonie up in the ruck slot, even if its just the once.

Not feeling very confident about this one. Injuries starting to mount. They have very good players coming back into their side. Heads might be down after a really frustrating loss last weekend. They will be really up and about after a good win and wanting revenge for the final last year.

Still don't think it's season over even if we lose, but at some stage we need to start winning games that we aren't expected to. Unfortunately I'd be surprised if that starts this weekend.

Don't agree with bringing in Hunter for the sake of structure. If you're not an AFL calibre player, you matter little to structure of the side. Same goes with McKernan.
Good coaches tailor a game plan to their players, not their players to a game plan. If we don't have the right cattle to play a specific way, then change the way we play.

Not feeling very confident about this one. Injuries starting to mount. They have very good players coming back into their side. Heads might be down after a really frustrating loss last weekend. They will be really up and about after a good win and wanting revenge for the final last year.

Still don't think it's season over even if we lose, but at some stage we need to start winning games that we aren't expected to. Unfortunately I'd be surprised if that starts this weekend.

It's going to be tough to beat them especially with Marshall out now on top of losing Jones, with them in the side I'd have given us a good chance.

I still don't think we are without a chance though if we can bring the effort we brought against Geelong and kick better for goal, Carlton looked like beating them before dropping off in the last quarter and I think we're a better team than Carlton even with the players that we're missing.

It's going to be tough to beat them especially with Marshall out now on top of losing Jones, with them in the side I'd have given us a good chance.

I still don't think we are without a chance though if we can bring the effort we brought against Geelong and kick better for goal, Carlton looked like beating them before dropping off in the last quarter and I think we're a better team than Carlton even with the players that we're missing.
I think a lot of teams have proven this year you can win any game regardless of your ins and outs? If Geary comes back we’re a MASSIVE chance. People underrate Geary. This year he’s comfortably in our best 22 with what we currently have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back