Preview Round 10, 2021: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 22nd May, 7:25PM AEST *BATTLE 50TH*

Who Wins?

• Bulldogs

Votes: 39 60.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marshall and Lonie out McKernan and Dunstan in. Dunstan is underated and probably plays out of position. I think he may go OK as the next Geary.

Under rated and played out of position???? Pretty sure he is an I nside midfielder only...and has only ever played as such...

If the coaches are bringing in players under the circs. I described and telling them they have one single game to prove themselves or get dropped again then we don't deserve success tbh.

Anyway, I shouldn't really be engaging with you cos I don't even want him in the side. The report from the club is that Crouch will be available so the only forced change would be McKernan for Marshall or similar.
But its not just 1 game its been 7 years of games

Marshall and Lonie out McKernan and Dunstan in. Dunstan is underated and probably plays out of position. I think he may go OK as the next Geary.

With all respect to the man, it feels inhumane putting Dunstan in again. Like throwing frisbies to a blind collie. Vying for worst kick at AFL level isn't fun to watch. I think he'll be a much better coach and better utilised where he is now.

Posted on the game day thread.
According to MMM this morning we have the 2nd least amount of injuries in the comp atm. Bulldogs nearly the most. Interesting.

Saints to win in a brutal and close one.
The number of players means a lot less than the quality of players, both sides will be missing around 5-6 first choice players this week…

Let's hope Ryder monsters English again if he comes back in.

We should easily account for the dogs on the weekend. Marshall, Jones and Gresham have been liabilities for us this year. With them out and dogs gaining back English at their peril, it looks a one sided affair. Saints by 42 points. King 2.13.
How many does he clunk though Mikka?
Based on your scoring estimate, seems like he might clunk 24.
I’d love ❤️ ❤️❤️ to see that.
2:13 plus 24 marks.
Round 10: Western Bulldogs v St Kilda.....
M King. 3 votes.

How many does he clunk though Mikka?
Based on your scoring estimate, seems like he might clunk 24.
I’d love ❤ ❤❤ to see that.
2:13 plus 24 marks.
Round 10: Western Bulldogs v St Kilda.....
M King. 3 votes.
There’s a few off ground.. quick fumble and kick to glory. Not far off though Sunny. 20-24 estimate range. He’ll be known as the Hoover Hands in not time.

Really disappointed to lose Roma fullstop but especially for this game. Our ruck dominance and height up forward would've really tested the Dogs. Our structure is severely impacted with Marshall's absence.

Reckon it goes from a 50/50 game to a 20/80 one in their favour. I'm no fan of McKernan and it's a sad reflection he's the only viable option to replace Marshall.

I just hope we can bring that same tackling intensity we showed last week and we don't don't drop our bundle because we got no reward for our efforts. The Dogs mids don't handle pressure well.

King to kick 7.0

Okay, I've got my hand on it.

Really disappointed to lose Roma fullstop but especially for this game. Our ruck dominance and height up forward would've really tested the Dogs. Our structure is severely impacted with Marshall's absence.

Reckon it goes from a 50/50 game to a 20/80 one in their favour. I'm no fan of McKernan and it's a sad reflection he's the only viable option to replace Marshall.

I just hope we can bring that same tackling intensity we showed last week and we don't don't drop our bundle because we got no reward for our efforts. The Dogs mids don't handle pressure well.

King to kick 7.0

Okay, I've got my hand on it.

Hopefully they don't get Martin and English back for it. That will take away our one area of dominance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin is out for 4-6.

English probably back in to play alongside Jordan Sweet.

Handy for us in the ruck but English sures up the forward line and makes you hard to match up on. We don't want a shoot out and need to pressure your backline. Losing Jones is a massive kick in our nuts because we need to control the midfield, the one area the Dogs are super stacked in.

Handy for us in the ruck but English sures up the forward line and makes you hard to match up on. We don't want a shoot out and need to pressure your backline. Losing Jones is a massive kick in our nuts because we need to control the midfield, the one area the Dogs are super stacked in.

Yeah Jones always plays super against us too

My changes would be:

Out: Marshall (inj), Long, Lonie
In: McKernan, Coffield

B: Webster, Frawley, Wilkie
HB: Coffield, Howard, Sinclair
C: Hill, Steele, Clark
HF: Billings, Battle, Higgins
F: Butler, King, Membrey

Foll: Ryder, Crouch, Bytel
Int: Byrnes, Highmore, McKernan, Ross

Sub: Lonie

Great effort could get us a win but we'd need decent execution as well. On any given week I have no idea if the effort will be there but I'm pretty confident that the execution won't be

Probably wouldn't rush Coff back in- looked off the pace in the Sandy game- different player this season to last season. We need the small forwards to put their hands up and contribute this week- too many passengers. The Dogs have ball magnets, and that sets up a lot of play, so we need to lock down bigtime on their ball movement.
Love to see Battle at FF, but I don't think it will happen. Marshall out inj, Long out, prob McKernan and Dunstan in...Dunstan in a defensive mid role.

Last edited:
I'd keep it simple and chuck battle as a full time full forward and play King further up the ground in a Marshall type role.

In: Coffield
Out: Marshall

If Crouch doesn't get up I guess we can give Dunstan another try

On Pixel 4 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t understand why they can turn on the effort like they did against Geelong on the weekend and then in another week be just as meek and pathetic as the Richmond game for instance. One huge disadvantage was bringing in Hunter for Marshall and Dunstan for Jones.
So as long as we don’t bring Dunstan and Hunter in for this game it shouldn’t be too much of a disadvantage.
Id love to say if we bring the effort we did last weekend we’re a chance but frankly I’m not sure how we do that with the team available.

This injury stat that triple m was going on about: are they using just what’s currently on the AFL or did they add Marshall and Jones to it?

and did they take into consideration the quality of players missing and the lack of quality depth we’ve got? I bet they didn’t.

Missing players according to AFL app:

Jake Carlisle Back Test
Jarryn Geary Ankle Test
Jade Gresham Achilles Season
Dan Hannebery Calf TBC
Dean Kent Concussion Test
Ben Paton Broken leg Season

If you add Jones and Marshall to the list it takes us to eight and even if you take Geary off there it is still seven along with the tigers. Who have far better depth and are one game ahead of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back