Preview Round 10 v Richmond, 7.50pm Friday 21st of May @ The Gabba.

Who wins and by how much?

• Lions by 1 to12.

• Lions by 13 to 29.

• Lions by 30+

• Tigers by 1 to 12.

• Tigers by 13 to 29.

• Tigers by 30+

• Draw.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Carter Michael be a smokey for a call up. Quick, agile and has been in good VFL form.
Very rough chance, Ah Chee will stay back IMO and that leaves one spot up for grabs, I'd be very surprised if James Madden isn't chosen, unless they decide to play Jaxon Prior back and then I think Tom Berry would be the one to come in.

Very rough chance, Ah Chee will stay back IMO and that leaves one spot up for grabs, I'd be very surprised if James Madden isn't chosen, unless they decide to play Jaxon Prior back and then I think Tom Berry would be the one to come in.
Even though Ah Chee is a much better forward, coleman is more dynamaic and quicker than Ah Chee upfront, so his inclusion in the forward line is actually quite exciting.

Even though Ah Chee is a much better forward, coleman is more dynamaic and quicker than Ah Chee upfront, so his inclusion in the forward line is actually quite exciting.
Coleman isn't close to Ah Chee in most facets of the game at this point imo.

Since Coleman added a few kilos he seems to have lost a lot of his zip . Hopefully it's a developmental thing and over time he'll be stronger and still as agile.

Could Carter Michael be a smokey for a call up. Quick, agile and has been in good VFL form.

I reckon he'd be a better chance if it was Rich or to a lesser extent Birchall that needed to be replaced and we felt like we needed another distributor. Probably too much attack without enough defense if we played all three.

Grant Birchall has been good so far this year especially the last 3 weeks.
He spent 77% TOG last week (average 83%) which was his lowest for the season. Hope that was intentional.
Last three weeks he has averaged 24 disposals and 10.6 marks so need him to maintain good form with Lester & Gardiner out
I don't mind our likely backline this week against the Tigers. Be interesting to see who they settle on.

Birchall - Adams - Ah Chee
Rich - Andrews - Starcevich

Bench - ?? Madden

Grant Birchall has been good so far this year especially the last 3 weeks.
He spent 77% TOG last week (average 83%) which was his lowest for the season. Hope that was intentional.
Last three weeks he has averaged 24 disposals and 10.6 marks so need him to maintain good form with Lester & Gardiner out
I don't mind our likely backline this week against the Tigers. Be interesting to see who they settle on.

Birchall - Adams - Ah Chee
Rich - Andrews - Starcevich

Bench - ?? Madden
Birchall hadn't played much footy for some time before he came to us. Could it be that he's just hitting his straps now ?

Everyone seems to think this is his last year . I wouldn't be surprised if it's not. Of course it all depends on how he finishes this year off.

His kicks to position are like gold when he's on song and he seems to be getting back to what he was in that area week on week.

He seems to get knocked regularly enough on this forum but there's a large gulf in ability between him and whoever we could replace him with.

I would say a little too early for Carter just yet. Another half a dozen VFL games under his belt and he will have played against a variety of opponents and experienced pressure in a few different scenarios.

You were making a case for Berry as a defender, and using non existent performances to support your case.

Of course setting the record straight is warranted.

I made no case for Tom Berry as a defender at all.

YOU dismissed the comment martinson made about him playing down back in the U18 Championships because you said he played poorly in that capacity. You have more knowledge about Under Age football than I could ever hope to have so I accept your view in that regard.

The comment I made about it being "ancient history" was in the context of what I have seen Tom deliver at AFL level as a forward

That's why I said I would be happy to see him selected in that capacity again.

I think you need to carefully read who said what before you go shooting from the hip

Birchall hadn't played much footy for some time before he came to us. Could it be that he's just hitting his straps now ?

Everyone seems to think this is his last year . I wouldn't be surprised if it's not. Of course it all depends on how he finishes this year off.

His kicks to position are like gold when he's on song and he seems to be getting back to what he was in that area week on week.

He seems to get knocked regularly enough on this forum but there's a large gulf in ability between him and whoever we could replace him with.

He does seem to be getting better and his kicking is deadly accurate. I certainly wouldn't be averse to another year. Old Lynch was in his 30's during the flag years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edwards out is a blessing. Usually rips us a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Edwards, Prestia and Bolton all carve us up like a Chef's Sunday cooked roast.
Those guys are game changes when it comes to exiting from their defensive half, all out, so I'm thinking our forward pressure if it's on , should give us a winning score.
Time to put the foot down and don't let it up.
Does T. Berry come in for that pressure?

Kiddy to get back to last years form, and tackle and pressure like his season is on the line.
The other Madden comes in, which make sense with two of our backs out.
Then Kiddy is emergency, which is a shame , but been a bit quite, unlucky more game time would help him and our team .
Matho to keep his spot, still not back to best imo .

Rest of the team is solid.
So Darcy, Lester out injured.
Madden and T. Berry or Kiddy in.
T. Berry or Kiddy Emergency.

Go Lions , can't wait.
It's going to be big.

Edwards, Prestia and Bolton all carve us up like a Chef's Sunday cooked roast.
Those guys are game changes when it comes to exiting from their defensive half, all out, so I'm thinking our forward pressure if it's on , should give us a winning score.
Time to put the foot down and don't let it up.
Does T. Berry come in for that pressure?

Kiddy to get back to last years form, and tackle and pressure like his season is on the line.
The other Madden comes in, which make sense with two of our backs out.
Then Kiddy is emergency, which is a shame , but been a bit quite, unlucky more game time would help him and our team .
Matho to keep his spot, still not back to best imo .

Rest of the team is solid.
So Darcy, Lester out injured.
Madden and T. Berry or Kiddy in.
T. Berry or Kiddy Emergency.

Go Lions , can't wait.
It's going to be big.
Hope we get a good decent 30k+ crowd for a Friday night against last years Premier.
Should be a great spectacle, looking forward to it.

Hope we get a good decent 30k+ crowd for a Friday night against last years Premier.
You would think so with our 35K membership + the Tiger supporters
But crowds have been down all year everywhere
Our 4 game average is 20,429
The biggest crowd was the very wet Essendon game where 23,544 turned up.
Maybe more paid or intended to go but decided to watch in comfort on TV
Weather forecast is mostly sunny 13 to 24 degrees

You would think so with our 35K membership + the Tiger supporters
But crowds have been down all year everywhere
Our 4 game average is 20,429
The biggest crowd was the very wet Essendon game where 23,544 turned up.
Maybe more paid or intended to go but decided to watch in comfort on TV
Weather forecast is mostly sunny 13 to 24 degrees
Channel 7 showed a table last year that showed the amount of Queensland based AFL members for each club. We had around 28k members with almost 25k of them living in Queensland. Considering we have 35k members now, you would have to think 31k of those members are from the Queensland/Brisbane area. So no excuses for a sub 30k crowd on Friday night for us. Especially as Richmond will have their fans at the ground too.

Also, our TV ratings have risen greatly this year. Ironically, Brisbane and Sydney are the only cities that have shown positive ratings growth while AFL heartland cities have shown a decline in ratings. No wonder why they need us. Anyway, just because the crowd isn't there, it doesn't mean the support isn't there. In fact, I would say we have a lot more supporters in the Brisbane area this year in comparison to last year.

I'd be worried if Ellis Yolmen comes in, he's always turned it on against us.
Fagan only uses him if he thinks there is a midfield mismatch. Considering your injuries and Fagan's hesitancy to change a winning formula, I doubt he will play this weekend.

If trying to get a place to dine is any indication there will be a good crowd, The Pineapple, The Norman, The Morrison, The Brewhouse and Frankie's Smokehouse all booked out for a pre game meal.:(

It will be interesting to see if they give B Smith a run this week. He is a fairly like for like replacement and it would be a good chance to see if he is up to it. He will be under pressure at year end and getting a game now would help to evaluate him. Defensively I think the risk is pretty low.

John McEnroe did the same thing in 1984 controlled his temper (mostly) focused on his game and had his best season ever. Wise move by Zorko
He is definitely looking back to his zippy self. After an injury affected season last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back