Autopsy Round 11, 2020: St.Kilda v Geelong *BYTEL DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Not surprised at the result, judging by some of the comments in the Gameday thread a St.Kilda win was never in question - not sure how many came to that conclusion but I love the optimism. Much better for my mental health to stay out of the thread and just watch the game, haha.

We were outworked by a more experienced and fresher side (one day more of a break, but aside from that they have half a dozen come in that were rested). They loaded up for us and they got the job done.

Still, we sit 7-4 and still in a great position with 6 games to play.

And in this block of games in the "footy frenzy" (Sydney, Gold Coast, Geelong, Essendon), how many did we expect to win? Most would say 3-1. So really we are exactly where many thought we'd be.

Disappointing night as a loss always is, but plenty to look forward to. Won't make or break our season despite some of the sky is falling comments.

Thought Bytel was fantastic in his first game, for what it's worth.

On to Essendon we go!

Not surprised at the result, judging by some of the comments in the Gameday thread a St.Kilda win was never in question - not sure how many came to that conclusion but I love the optimism. Much better for my mental health to stay out of the thread and just watch the game, haha.

We were outworked by a more experienced and fresher side (one day more of a break, but aside from that they have half a dozen come in that were rested). They loaded up for us and they got the job done.

Still, we sit 7-4 and still in a great position with 6 games to play.

And in this block of games in the "footy frenzy" (Sydney, Gold Coast, Geelong, Essendon), how many did we expect to win? Most would say 3-1. So really we are exactly where many thought we'd be.

Disappointing night as a loss always is, but plenty to look forward to. Won't make or break our season despite some of the sky is falling comments.

Thought Bytel was fantastic in his first game, for what it's worth.

On to Essendon we go!
I'm in the same boat mate. Can't be in the match day threads anymore.

Difference this game is that nobody is winning the ball and the 15 players that got past outside looking for the offload are nowhere near the contest. It’s a team of x15 Milnes!

oh well, at least I got the tip. :(

Reality check wasn’t unexpected. The magnitude was embarrassing.

*sigh*

Bytel was pretty decent though, ey!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a big Hind fan but he was really poor tonight. Poor enough to go out next week. Wasn't anywhere near it in the first half and then he got selfish in the second half. Twice tried to take an advantage in forward 50 when he was in no position too and got lucky that it was called back the first time.

Margin more disappointing than the result. Can't let this define us, need to pump Essendon next week.

Thought Bytel looked fantastic.

Pretty predictable result considering the circumstances.
Bytel needs to stay in the team.
Boys need to recover.
Hope that stings because I think Essendon is due for some punishment.

Said this in the GDT, got outplayed and taught a lesson by a very experienced and well drilled Geelong team tonight.

Bytel looked excellent, loved what I saw of him.

Can’t believe I would say this but my top 5 players were Phillips, Sinclair, Steele, Bytel and Long. All can hold their head high IMO.

Geary and Hill were both absolutely appalling. Unfortunately, one was the captain and the other our marquee signing, so neither will be dropped.

Onto Essendon next week, Jones, Ross and Ryder all to come back in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back