Preview Round 12, 2020: St.Kilda v Essendon - Gabba, Sunday 16th August, 3:35PM AEST *JONES 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Bombers

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get back on topic now. Head to the Random thread or send a PM if you feel the need to continue.

Ratts' Presser from today for anyone who missed it:

Good idea to give Carlisle a break , need him next game against Lions.
I'M hoping Ross , Membery , Hill get some form in this game - please win this game.
I
Speaking of Hill . I just did a player stats compare of Jack Steven Vs B Hill on the AFL app .
I was actually shocked with jack beating him in most areas.
It was damming in Hill . Although I expect him to be a lot better next year at Marvel with the longer quarters too .

Looks to me like Hill is very happy to be at St Kilda and is treating the whole thing like a holiday and just reckons he can cruise around on his reputation.

im really struggling to see why we would rest King. We dont really have anyone to replace him with. Especially if Carlisle is out this week. It means we need Battle in defense.
Get through the next 3 games and then get rest at the bye.

Put Marshall at FF and bring in a fresh Abbott to crash and bash and support Ryder in the ruck

I thought how defensive 6 had done well this year but the stats show differently. We are the 5th highest scored against team at the moment. Only the Bulldogs , Sydney , Adelaide and North have had more points scored against them .
With Howard , Carlisle, Paton , Clark , Wilkie , Coffield and Geary and Long I thought we were doing better than that .

I know we are very young and inexperienced and a few teams still have a game to play but I was still surprised at this stat .

Opinions ?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought how defensive 6 had done well this year but the stats show differently. We are the 5th highest scored against team at the moment. Only the Bulldogs , Sydney , Adelaide and North have had more points scored against them .
With Howard , Carlisle, Paton , Clark , Wilkie , Coffield and Geary and Long I thought we were doing better than that .

I know we are very young and inexperienced and a few teams still have a game to play but I was still surprised at this stat .

Opinions ?

Yes our gameplan is to play fast attacking football which gives both teams the opportunity to score more.

Opinions ?

Because of the supply from the opposition midfield, our midfield lacking depth. Every match, everyone knows the midfield is our point of failure. No doubt we'll sort it out during the off season, we just have to sit through it this year.

Steele is a one man show at the moment. Jones up and down, in and out, half here and there. Gresh, Hanners, Dunstan gone, Ross no form. Sinclair and Billings triers. Bytel already a class above most and won't ever be out of the team again. Clark who knows, will he be consistent enough for a mid? Byrnes needs a chance.

We are two, maybe three quality mids short of an awesome team. Another tall forward might be nice, but if King doesn't get up we still have Battle and Membrey, and Marshall if things get dire.

But your question about our scores against, yeah that's a midfield supply issue. Hawkins tore Carlisle apart last week, but he was exhausted and Hawkins in the form of his career. And Rohan against Paton. But apart from that the defence has been solid this season.

I reckon Jones has been pretty bloody good all in all. His game against GC was a brawl. A lot of stuff going on behind play that should've been called better by the umpires. I hope his team mates have watched the footage and will protect him better next time. That is what good teams do, they don't leave one of their own copping s**t. When we learn to fight together, we'll be a top four team.

I reckon Jones has been pretty bloody good all in all. His game against GC was a brawl. A lot of stuff going on behind play that should've been called better by the umpires. I hope his team mates have watched the footage and will protect him better next time. That is what good teams do, they don't leave one of their own copping sh*t. When we learn to fight together, we'll be a top four team.
Jones is my favourite favourite player in this team; not flashy but goes flat out all the time. Manages to be aggressive but fair and doesn’t seem to give away free kicks. He’ll be key to winning a final...

Opinions ?

We have created a backline that I feel is one of the best we have had in a long time - they all use the ball well , getting scored against is a problem but if if you count out the Magpies and Cats floggings it would be a lot of different / getting beaten by 44 and 59pts caused it.

Hopefully our mids can fix this problem in the future - Pendlebery and Sidebottom cut us to pieces and Geelong just beat us everywhere and no defense can handle that pressure.

Tell you , imagine when these kids in the backline hit there prime - Coffield , Paton , Long , Hunter and they are doing the job now - throw in Wilkie and Howard who are 24.(Battle who has played down there is 21)
Being so young we need to sign up Carlisle for a couple more years if he proves he can get through the year with no major injury issues.

Because of the supply from the opposition midfield, our midfield lacking depth. Every match, everyone knows the midfield is our point of failure. No doubt we'll sort it out during the off season, we just have to sit through it this year.

Steele is a one man show at the moment. Jones up and down, in and out, half here and there. Gresh, Hanners, Dunstan gone, Ross no form. Sinclair and Billings triers. Bytel already a class above most and won't ever be out of the team again. Clark who knows, will he be consistent enough for a mid? Byrnes needs a chance.

We are two, maybe three quality mids short of an awesome team. Another tall forward might be nice, but if King doesn't get up we still have Battle and Membrey, and Marshall if things get dire.

But your question about our scores against, yeah that's a midfield supply issue. Hawkins tore Carlisle apart last week, but he was exhausted and Hawkins in the form of his career. And Rohan against Paton. But apart from that the defence has been solid this season.

Spot on except paton was on miers, not rohan.

Opinions ?

Partly that we play an open game style which gives both teams a chance to score rather than setting up a defensive slog.

Also, all of Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne and Hawthorn have played one game less than us and if you went by average score against, would likely have conceded more scores against in total if we'd played the same amount of games. That would have us mid table overall for defence which is a better reflection of where we sit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back