Preview Round 13, 2022 vs Richmond @ MCG, 09/06/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next 2 games suddenly clearly going to define our year. Win both and we will probably roll on to make finals, win 1 and you'd have to say at best we're a mathematical chance. Lose both and it would have to be curtains for Hinkley.

Lose both and we’d still be a mathematical chance!

Probably I’d say we will win this one.

Probably just a nuffy fooling around with the ladder predictor, but I saw a tweet yesterday that had St Kilda missing out on the 8 with 14 wins, so I guess that's mathematically possible too ;)

True, but I don't consider Melbourne or Freo as winnable, and I think with our percentage we need to win 13 to get there, which is 8 of 11.

Go 9-2 in this final stretch to finals and I'd certainly be happy that we're worthy of finals. The key though is beating some good teams for once. Richmond away, Melb away, Freo away, Syd @ Home, Geel @ Home, I don't necessarily care about most of the other games, I just want to win most of this big games. To actually stand up against the best for a change.

Richmond's form line is actually pretty good over the last month, a 6 point loss to Sydney isn't the worst and they accounted for everyone else easily.

Much better than ours.

Chalk at least 1 goalless quarter down and a "brave" 19 point loss.

Is their form that much better?
27 points vs Collingwood
23 vs Hawthorn
32 vs Essendon
An honourable 6 point loss to Sydney.

You look at these numbers at face value and they easily wouldn't look out of place if it were Port's fixture as opposed to Richmond's. Certainly isn't as if Richmond are putting bad teams to the slaughter, and that honourable loss against Sydney is quite reminiscent of Port over the years under Hinkley.

I do think Richmond are a better side than Port, but I don't consider them to be a legitimate finals team whereby an honourable loss would keep the happy clappers, happy. A loss to this Richmond side would be disastrous for Port in the context of keeping their season alive and should be considered a must win rather than a free hit against a top 4 side.

it will be really interesting to see if we actually get ourselves up for this.

With how the ladder is shaping it really is a do or die clash, a loss and it's most likely over but a win definitely keeps us in the mix. There is so much on the line for both teams, and there has been a bit of a rivalry between the two clubs in recent years so you'd think it would be on but there is also this sense of inevitability about Ken's departure and missing finals this year.

The rumours of Ken to GWS are really starting to ramp up, it almost seems certain that he is gone by seasons end, which makes me wonder if Ken is already checked out. And if that is the case, the motivation levels of the players will be questionable.

be a miracle if we could win one.

Richmond will beat us easily and i think sydney will do the same and gold coast will come over hear with a point to prove.

we will be 5-9 in 3 weeks, with a record of 1-6 or maybe 1-7 against decent sides.

anyone who thinks we can make the finals is dreaming, reality says we are absolutely no chance in hell

Next 2 games suddenly clearly going to define our year. Win both and we will probably roll on to make finals, win 1 and you'd have to say at best we're a mathematical chance. Lose both and it would have to be curtains for Hinkley.
There's no way this team is making finals. Even if we do win the next two, we're guaranteed to screw it up. Essendon Rnd 22 will be our North Melbourne Rnd 22 2019 with Peter Wright kicking 10.

I can't believe people are still worried we could sneak into eighth.

Look at the ladder and work out how we're going to dislodge Collingwood who are two wins ahead of us and also jump the three teams (Dogs, Tigers, Suns) directly above who are a game ahead.

Lose this week and we're 8 points behind Richmond and still have to play them again in Round 21. The Dogs and Suns will continue to be better teams than us.

It's done. Hinkley is a dead man walking and all it took was a Lachlan Murphy flop and a Jordan Dawson kick from 50.

This could well be one of those “wait, where did that come from?!” wins a la Melbourne/West Coast 2019, only to be followed up by the traditional no-show at home to Sydney or the Suns with hopes up in the weeks after.

Richmond by 27 or Port by 36.

This could well be one of those “wait, where did that come from?!” wins a la Melbourne/West Coast 2019, only to be followed up by the traditional no-show at home to Sydney or the Suns with hopes up in the weeks after.

Richmond by 27 or Port by 36.
It could also be a what happen Powa game ala Hawthorn or the 1st half against Carlton

It could also be a what happen Powa game ala Hawthorn or the 1st half against Carlton

At this point nothing would surprise me, such is our years long intersectionality of decent talent and poor matchday coaching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no way this team is making finals. Even if we do win the next two, we're guaranteed to screw it up. Essendon Rnd 22 will be our North Melbourne Rnd 22 2019 with Peter Wright kicking 10.
Depends if Hinkley is still the coach by then - if he's gone, I'd feel more confident.

Is their form that much better?
27 points vs Collingwood
23 vs Hawthorn
32 vs Essendon
An honourable 6 point loss to Sydney.
I don't know if our form is better or worse - seriously weird would be a better answer. Column one has been the weird facts that we have won more quarters than any other team than Melbourne and are also the second highest scoring team. And yet we're ninth. This is from a team that has historically built itself on its defence. There is the crazy inconsistency, not only week to week but within games - giving up big leads to be run over in the last quarter multiple times this season.

Will probably lose this, then lose to Sydney, before beating the SUNS at home and proving the haters wrong and oh boy they'll be mighty quiet with Kenny being back and the season being back on track with a mathematical chance of playing FINALS.

Will probably lose this, then lose to Sydney, before beating the SUNS at home and proving the haters wrong and oh boy they'll be mighty quiet with Kenny being back and the season being back on track with a mathematical chance of playing FINALS.

The suns will roll us like they did In preseason

I can't believe people are still worried we could sneak into eighth.

Look at the ladder and work out how we're going to dislodge Collingwood who are two wins ahead of us and also jump the three teams (Dogs, Tigers, Suns) directly above who are a game ahead.

Lose this week and we're 8 points behind Richmond and still have to play them again in Round 21. The Dogs and Suns will continue to be better teams than us.

It's done. Hinkley is a dead man walking and all it took was a Lachlan Murphy flop and a Jordan Dawson kick from 50.
Besides, even if we did sneak in, how long would we last, we couldn't even make it when we were red hot favourites going into a prelim. We would just be making up the numbers.

Look who we have beaten and lost to so far, we are a bottom 8 team and we deserve to be so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back