Autopsy Round 16, 2019: back on the winners list over Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

There's fight in this team, had 22 battlers for 4 quarters and kept us in the game.

The class of Burgoyne, Impey, O'Meara and Breust at the end made that win possible.

First three and a half quarters were that boring... and totally irrelevant giving the flood of goals in the last 15 minutes. New rules for next year: beep test followed by 10 mins of burpees then play a 15 minute game.

Glass and O'Brien didn't drop their heads after some ordinary plays, they played to the final whistle. MITCH LEWIS, what a breath of fresh air.

I don't want to see Lewis out of the side again for the next 10 years at least. He is the answer.

Nash also did well to bring the ball to ground and hit the packs. Needs games to develop.

I'm a believer in Ollie now. Poppy to go end of this year wingard, bruest, Oliver and walker for the small spots. Cogs and Jaeger to go deep from time to time.

Obrien nearly there but still some awful decisions and skills early in the game.
How about that kick across the ground with 30 secs left. Heart in mouth!

Shiels was very good in that fourth quarter. O’Brien too. He was missing in action for three quarters until he took some really good pack marks around the ground.
Harsh on Timmy, he did a solid job on Pies talls when they were down deep.

Great to win for Breust and BB, they both deserve it. Both have been great players for us.

But on the flip side maximising those draft picks got a little harder. I was getting used to the idea of having a top 5 pick.

Loved the Breust signal and kick to Lewis for a mark and goal in the second quarter. Want lots more of it!
Was a really significant sign of just how little footy these blokes have played together. Why it's so crucial to keep Lewis in. I'm worried that Clarko doesn't feel like Lewis and Gunston can share a forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a really significant sign of just how little footy these blokes have played together. Why it's so crucial to keep Lewis in. I'm worried that Clarko doesn't feel like Lewis and Gunston can share a forward line.

Gunston ended up on the half back flank. Swapped with O'Brien in the last quarter.

I think one thing we should say is two blokes were having their 200th.

Clarko had a lot of easy options to lose that game on paper and for our future lower draft pick... if we lost. We were still expected to lose.

It's not in his nature, he won't do it. He'd babysit their kids (well outsource it) and still coach them.

Bruest was good most of the day, But I'm rapt BB took over in the middle after struggling all night.

Yep it was the best or worse of wins, but it was bloody satisfying anyway heading off to the loungeroom as Clarko is talking.

Gunston ended up on the half back flank. Swapped with O'Brien in the last quarter.
And O'Brien had much more impact than Gunston did, helped that McEvoy pushed forward hard and got dangerous but Gunston was well beaten and had no presence, think we would have lost without that move

Gunner just had a bad night. Hard work as a forward, lucky he has the skills to go back and regain confidence.

Yes I recall Clarko saying a few weeks ago that Gunston went back to clear space for Mitch... do you think this was the case again or that Clarko wanted another sure hand down back? A bit of both?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back