VFL Round 17 - Collingwood vs North Ballarat at Victoria Park (Pies WON 128-41, Borthwick kicked 5!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee Broomhead is capable of some big numbers in the AFL.

Just still can't see where his AFL path is. Perhaps his best bet is (if he's not traded) to have a huge injury-free preseason and get himself into our Round 1 side. And hang on for dear life.

I reckon he could fit on on the half-back as a skilled runner. Worth a try. But I'd seriously like him to stick around. He's got big talent. But I do see one of him or Aish getting traded at end of year. Or even both.

We dominated the play, but 501 disposals wow that's incredibly high even for us. Anybody know if we've had that many before?

The kick - handball ratio is sadly skewed the wrong way.

Good to see Broomhead and Ramsay continuing to build their seasons.

I reckon he could fit on on the half-back as a skilled runner. Worth a try. But I'd seriously like him to stick around. He's got big talent. But I do see one of him or Aish getting traded at end of year. Or even both.

I like my defenders to be able to defend. Not Broomy's strong suit.

Gee Broomhead is capable of some big numbers in the AFL.

Just still can't see where his AFL path is. Perhaps his best bet is (if he's not traded) to have a huge injury-free preseason and get himself into our Round 1 side. And hang on for dear life.
It's a joke that Brown was called up to the seniors ahead of him. His last month has been far more productive than Brown could ever hope to be at this point. 40+ disposals and 3 goals is an excellent way to shove it up the selectors clackers.

If he can't get a call up this week off that effort then the coaches have officially written him off.

I also would like to see him tried off of half back in the seniors, get the ball in his hands as often as possible and give him licence to take it on with his speed and kicking.

18 possession in 3 quarters of footy, not bad. Probably now needs to lay a tackle or two but as an outside player that will come.
I personally would be disappointed if a player of his potential at 19 yrs of age was delisted. There are a number of less talented players on our list getting a gig. I don't see Sier staying on our list a problem especially if the rookie list is to be superseded. Players like Blair, Sinclair, White (retiring), Keefe, Mayne, Schade, Oxley and Mackie's position on the list will be scrutinised more than Siers will be. The kid will stay.

fTWQQmK.png

hnzI4EG.png

What's with T.Lockyer playing for North Ballarat?

They were short of numbers and we lent them one of our assistants? o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno. His contested numbers at vfl are brilliant. Could be abit like Sinclair was for Carlton.

Where are you getting contested numbers? The only 1 listed on the VFL site is 0 contested marks.

I just haven't seen it in his game, even at VFL level.

Dont be surprised if Ben Paton ends up with us. Fills a couple of holes.

How has he gone in his VFL matches playing as a 23rd? Is he quick?

Where are you getting contested numbers? The only 1 listed on the VFL site is 0 contested marks.

Good question. I'll have to siphon through my memory to remember where I got them from. All I can say is I remember seeing his contested numbers in the last few months and they were really good.

Just as an example, from the club's player review, 15 contested last week:

29. Tim Broomhead
Statistics: 19 kicks, 4 marks, 22 handballs, 41 disposals, 10 clearances, 4 inside 50s, 1 rebound 50, 4 tackles, 3 goals
Notes: Lining up for his third consecutive VFL game, Broomhead once again showcased his senior credentials when the Pies met North Ballarat on Sunday. The South Australian seemed to have his hand in every contest on Sunday, as he worked tirelessly between the arcs for his game-high 41 disposals, of which 15 were contested. Never one to shy away from the contest, the 24-year-old gathered 10 clearances, four tackles and kicked three goals to top off a day out at Victoria Park. Broomhead will be one putting his hand up for a senior recall against the Cats in the AFL this week.

Just as an example, from the club's player review, 15 contested last week:

29. Tim Broomhead
Statistics: 19 kicks, 4 marks, 22 handballs, 41 disposals, 10 clearances, 4 inside 50s, 1 rebound 50, 4 tackles, 3 goals
Notes: Lining up for his third consecutive VFL game, Broomhead once again showcased his senior credentials when the Pies met North Ballarat on Sunday. The South Australian seemed to have his hand in every contest on Sunday, as he worked tirelessly between the arcs for his game-high 41 disposals, of which 15 were contested. Never one to shy away from the contest, the 24-year-old gathered 10 clearances, four tackles and kicked three goals to top off a day out at Victoria Park. Broomhead will be one putting his hand up for a senior recall against the Cats in the AFL this week.

Cheers. I think that midfield contested possessions for a bloke playing inside mid are slightly different to your 1v1 defender contested possessions. Still doubt his capacity to become a defender.

Cheers. I think that midfield contested possessions for a bloke playing inside mid are slightly different to your 1v1 defender contested possessions. Still doubt his capacity to become a defender.

Yes true. But why not give him a go? Let's see, since he might fill a gap we so clearly have -- a skilled running defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back